Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Roster Evaluation

Since we have all been chatting about the QB position, we might as well talk about all of the other positions on a football team.

What potential Free Agents would you re-sign?

Who would you cut?

What position would you draft with the first 2 draft picks?

What Free Agents should the Raiders target?

Rules:

No mentioning of a QB, because there will be an endless fight. The only exception to that rule is if you mention that you would draft a QB with one of the first 2 picks. Head to the QB thread if you'd like to discuss QB's.

Try to stay away from name dropping college players you would draft, just list the position.

DOWN... SET... HUT, HUT, HIKEEEEE!

vCash
    I would resign Jenkins, Veldheer, Porter, Kevin Burnett, Walker, Pashos, Gurode, and Jennings.

I want Ford, Barnes, McFadden and Houston let go. I want Pryor gone, Janikowski gone, Nix gone.

I want Wide receiver and Defensive line adressed in the first two rounds.

I'm not too familiar with the upcoming free agents but I would like Jake Locker brought in to compete with McGloin and a rookie. I want another vet runningback to share carries with Jennings. We could also use a veteran tight end, pass rushers, a kicker and a wide receiver. Decker would be nice.

vCash
    Guys to resign:Veldheer,houston,burnett

Guys to bring in:jeremy maclin(stretch the field),anquan boldin(veteran).
    Brandon myers(veteran).Alex mack.

Defense,guys to bring in:michael bennet,j allen,sam shields.

Draft-Trade down from 8-15
    Ra'shede hagemen dt
    Anthony johnson dt
    David yankey og

vCash
    Great thread by the way burris, I've been wanting to make a thread similar to this. It should be a sticky since our off-season is so close.

vCash
    Cool thread, BB... The ideas are just too numerous for me to decide what to post!

vCash
    add a strong pass rusher for the d line. next add a solid o lineman, then the best WR you can get. Back to the o line for one more guy, and the rest is gravy.

Give me a new OC also, please, and thank you.

vCash
    Some guys Id like resigned: Pathos,Jenkins,Houston(if right contract),Walker,Gurode,Veldheer,Woodson(if right contract),and Jennings.

Some guys for Raiders to look at in FA:
    Josh McCown: Josh has been great for the Bears in relief. McCown to battle McGloin for the starting job at QB.
    Pete Damilatis ‏@PFF_Pete 1h
    Since he took his first snaps in Week 7, Josh McCown has a higher @PFF grade than every QB except Russell Wilson. #Bears
    -------------
    Toby Gerhart RB. Raiders do have Murray who is an unknown but Raiders could use anther RB. Especially if Jennings isnt resigned.
    ------------------
    Anquan Boldin,Hakeem Nicks,Jacoby Jones,Jeremy Maclin. Raiders need a #1 target at WR.
    --------------------
    Scott Chandler,Dennis Pitta,Jimmy Graham. Raiders do have Mychal but many offenses have shown great success with a two TE set. Could creat that one two punch at the position.
    ------------------
    Richie Incognito,Wade Smith. Raiders need another guard. Incoginto is an iffy choice but he is a solid guard. Too many unknowns in the Martin situation to really know if Incoginto is to blame at this point.
    ------------------
    Alex Mack. Raiders dont need a center but if we pick up a guy like Mack Wiz could move back to guard.
    ----------------
    Greg Hardy,Antonio Smith,Jared Allen,Justin Tuck,Michael Bennett. Raiders need that top pass rusher at DE.
    ---------------
    Paul Soliai,Aubrayo Franklin. Raiders could use a DT. Plus Sims and Walker are free agents.
    -------------
    Brian Orakpo. Raiders do have a handful of OLBs but its hard to not consider a top one like Orakpo.
    -----------
    Charles Tillman,Sam Shields,Vontae Davis,Aqib Talib. Raiders will probably look to resign Jenkins but another will be needed. They have Hayden as well and im sure he will improve this offseason but often 3 corner sets are used.
    --------------
    T.J. Ward,Bernard Pollard,Donte Whitner. The Raiders do have Branch and its hard to see them spending big money for two safeties but it is possible with the money they have next offseason.

http://nfltraderumors.co/2014-nfl-free-agents/

^^^If you guys want to check out the NFL free agents next season.
    Member of the Mack/Donald Crew

The David Fales QB Crew-HunterNRoss

vCash
    We need some fat strong guys at guard. They should try McCants at guard, but he may be too tall.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

vCash
    There should be a ton of good players cut as cap casualties to add to the list of FA.

I would like to resign:
    Huston ( if price is right)
    Veldheer
    Burnette
    Porter
    Jenkins
    Sims
    Walker
    Woodson ( Please!)
    Taiwan Jones ( Fantastic special teams player and can play CB and RB for this team )

Cut lose:
    Dmac ( I really wanted him to succeed!)
    Ford ( Just doesn't have it anymore)
    Nix
    Jason Hunter ( He can stay for vet minimum.)
    Pryor ( To end all this nonsense )
    DJ Hayden ( Yes I know, he's still a rookie, but I've grown to dislike him and don't want to see him on the field.)

They need to do something:
    Janokowski ( Restructure, release, or something.)
    Tyvon Branch ( Too much money.)

Draft:

Please Reggie, draft a QB or DE!

I also want Dennis Allen and Greg Olsen fired, and at times I want Jason Tarver gone too...and the special teams guy is a must!

I just don't want another Hayden in the draft...make sure the next mofo you draft is worth a fuak, and can actually improve the team not be a liability out there REGGIE!
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    Ill simplify.
    Offense
    QB1, TE1, WR1,RB1
    Move Wis to guard,...C1

This is a lot of the cap money many are hooping about but a failure to address these spots will bode poorly.
    I really don't care who we draft or sign as long as its a measured risk, without playing it safe.
    Personally,I would draft QB and RB and FA the TE,WR,and center with top consideration going to Center.

Defense:
    DE1 MLB1,Three Tech,
    as poorly as the stats are ,I wouldn't put a premium on upgrading th secondary.Im ok bringing everyone in this unit back,Without any natural pressure these guys have been left hanging,your not going to populate your secondary with Brandon Carr's and have a balanced roster.We need to win the upfront and shave .5 off of the read.
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinaraider View Post
    There should be a ton of good players cut as cap casualties to add to the list of FA.

I would like to resign:
    Huston ( if price is right)
    Veldheer
    Burnette
    Porter
    Jenkins
    Sims
    Walker
    Woodson ( Please!)
    Taiwan Jones ( Fantastic special teams player and can play CB and RB for this team )

Cut lose:
    Dmac ( I really wanted him to succeed!)
    Ford ( Just doesn't have it anymore)
    Nix
    Jason Hunter ( He can stay for vet minimum.)
    Pryor ( To end all this nonsense )
    DJ Hayden ( Yes I know, he's still a rookie, but I've grown to dislike him and don't want to see him on the field.)

They need to do something:
    Janokowski ( Restructure, release, or something.)
    Tyvon Branch ( Too much money.)

Draft:

Please Reggie, draft a QB or DE!

I also want Dennis Allen and Greg Olsen fired, and at times I want Jason Tarver gone too...and the special teams guy is a must!

I just don't want another Hayden in the draft...make sure the next mofo you draft is worth a fuak, and can actually improve the team not be a liability out there REGGIE!
    wow,
    Bold.I like it.
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

vCash
    I wish it were possible for Reggie to cut Hayden. I already can't stand him.

vCash
    Lmao at cutting Hayden.
    Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting:27576090
    Lmao at cutting Hayden.
    This I can't wait till he makes people eat their words next year

vCash
    Hayden was a questionable pick at that point in the draft, but as a player he could still be very valuable. We needed a dominant pass rusher and still do.
    *Proud Member of the Sammy Watkins Crew*

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast