Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Thunder shopping Lamb?

"The Thunder are open to trading Jeremy Lamb for a more experienced and consistent bench player, according to Sam Amico of Fox Sports Ohio, who tucks the news into his leaguewide notes column. Lamb, the 12th overall pick in 2012, came to Oklahoma City as part of the James Harden blockbuster on the eve of last season.

The onus has been on the 6’5″ shooting guard to step up this year following the departure of veteran Kevin Martin in an offseason sign-and-trade. Lamb spent much of last year shuttling back and forth between the Thunder and their D-League affiliate. He’s averaging 8.9 points on 45% shooting in 19.9 minutes per game, but that’s hardly the impact that Harden or Martin, who preceded Lamb in the role as backup wing player, had during their tenures in Oklahoma City.

There hasn’t been any drop-off in the win-loss column for the Thunder in spite of the lack of an established sixth man, as they’re 15-4 following last night’s blowout of the league-best Pacers. Lamb, just 21, is still developing and in the second season of a four-year rookie contract that will give him a little more than $2.1MM this year, but GM Sam Presti is apparently willing to seize on an opportunity for an immediate upgrade. The Thunder’s flexibility is limited, since they’re only about $1.4MM shy of the luxury tax line".
    Could be a good oppurtunity to trade Stuckey. This would give us another young SG to build with.

vCash
    Do it Joe!

vCash
    It's worth the gamble I suppose. A 21 year old with a lot of time to improve and will be cheap.

vCash
    Meh. He's kinda like KCP, but I wouldn't trust either of them with big minutes at the 3. I mean sure they could split the minutes at the 2, but they don't really help stretch the floor either. At this point I'd rather have Stuckey, not that he's a floor stretcher either but he's been great slashing and getting to the line this year. I think we could get more for him

vCash
    I think Goose (yes, it will catch on goddamn it) would be pretty happy if we'd got Lamb, they were teammates in college.
    Last edited by GunFactor187; 12-09-2013 at 04:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GunFactor187 View Post
    I think Goose (yes, it will catch on goddamn it) would be pretty happy if we'd got Lamb, they were teammates in college.
    I thought Lamb went to UConn?

I changed my mind already from my post 15 minutes ago. Looking up his stats he actually is a good outside shooter and would likely start over KCP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I thought Lamb went to UConn?

I changed my mind already from my post 15 minutes ago. Looking up his stats he actually is a good outside shooter and would likely start over KCP
    Drummond also went to UConn

vCash
    We would probably have to take on Perkins though to make salaries match which would suck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    Drummond also went to UConn
    Oh you said Goose, haha I read it as Moose

vCash
    Lamb wouldn't be a bad pickup, but we would have to take back another player to make it work. I want nothing to do with Perkins, not sure who else would make it work. I would rather let KCP develop, trade Stuckey closer to the deadline.

vCash
    Cool article about Drum and Lamb from a couple years ago before the draft

http://www.sportzbroz.com/2012/06/wh...-lamb-and.html

vCash
    Lamb would be a nice addition but like someone already mentioned, him and KCP can really only play the 2, one's a better shooter and the other a better defender, we need both of these things in one player lol. OKC could use Stuckey and Moose so maybe if a bigger deal could be put in place for those 2 to go to OKC, Lamb, Adams and Perkins somewhere else and somehow we land a SF. Something like that anyway.

vCash
    The whole KCP situation doesn't matter, we replace a SG with a SG, Lamb can come off the bench and provide scoring, also, Stuckey's stock will never get as high as it has so far, best to sell high before we regret it.

vCash
    Perkins + Lamb + 2014 1st for Stuckey.

I really don't think Lamb is going to be that good. If Stuckey goes our only consistent backcourt player is Jennings.

If we take on Perkins contract I want 1st.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    Lamb would be a nice addition but like someone already mentioned, him and KCP can really only play the 2, one's a better shooter and the other a better defender, we need both of these things in one player lol. OKC could use Stuckey and Moose so maybe if a bigger deal could be put in place for those 2 to go to OKC, Lamb, Adams and Perkins somewhere else and somehow we land a SF. Something like that anyway.
    I was kind of thinking the same thing but not Steven Adams because I think theyd want to keep him.

Monroe + Stuckey for Ibaka and Perkins but I don't really like this deal for us because Smith is still playing SF.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast