Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Playoffs

vCash

Playoffs

The way te jets played this last couple weeks up until this oakland game you'd be crazy to even have the word play come out of your mouth and even more crazy to let offs slip out as well. But let's think about this mark sanchez rookie year the jets had some aweful games similar to the stretch the jets went on. They should have never went to the playoffs had the colts not pulled manning week 17 in the fourth quarter. And as everyone should know once your in the playoffs anythig can happen. Considering our chances to get in they're not all that crazy but winning out is a must. All three games will be tough, Cleveland and their potent defense, Carolina with cam and their top notch defense, then week 17 against miami which is very possible to be our very own playoff game win and were in lose and were done because......

Baltimore - Detroit (could go either way) new englad ( I believe New England wins this one) and Cincinnati ( I believe cincy wins this playing for the 2 seed)

Miami- New England ( New England takes this one ) buffalo ( miami most likely wins but you never know with buffalo) jets ( possibly win and your in situation )

San Diego - Denver ( I believe Denver wins this one) oakland ( San Diego probably wins) Kansas City ( Kansas City wins even with backups playing I believe)

Now my predictions may be wrong but the jets winning out do have a pretty good chance to get in. Let's watch these last three weeks unfold

vCash
    Jets are gonna struggle to score 9 points against the Panthers D. I see that as a loss. The Browns and Dolphins games could honestly go either way. But I wouldn't be surprised if Josh Gordon blew up against our D for 2 touchdowns or if the Dolphins blow us out again.

Sad to say, as I'm a Jets fan, but I think if the Jets do get the final wild card spot it'll just end up being a first round blow out. Same goes for the Dolphins and Chargers.

And we thought things couldn't get any worse, smh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bang Bros89 View Post
    Jets are gonna struggle to score 9 points against the Panthers D. I see that as a loss. The Browns and Dolphins games could honestly go either way. But I wouldn't be surprised if Josh Gordon blew up against our D for 2 touchdowns or if the Dolphins blow us out again.

Sad to say, as I'm a Jets fan, but I think if the Jets do get the final wild card spot it'll just end up being a first round blow out. Same goes for the Dolphins and Chargers.
    It might be a blowout if that 1st game is in Cincy but not if it's in NE or Indy. With Gronk out and the way Indy is playing, those are winnable games.

But did someone say playoffs? Playoffs? Playoffs? I'm just hoping for another win. Playoffs? (Jim Mora).

vCash
    If we beat Carolina then we can most definitely have this discussion, however, after the Panthers were embarrassed by New Orleans, they're probably going to come out for blood on Sunday...

Wide Load Beast Of The Green & White Northeast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CannibalPanda View Post
    If we beat Carolina then we can most definitely have this discussion, however, after the Panthers were embarrassed by New Orleans, they're probably going to come out for blood on Sunday...
    Yeah, Geno on the road vs that defense has trouble written all over it. The good thing is Baltimore has a murderous schedule too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CannibalPanda View Post
    One could predict that they look past the Jets to the following week with the Saints rematch at home. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't give the Jets their full attention.

vCash
    Jets need to run the table.
    Let's hope they have their stinky play out of their system.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Play-offs? I'll be just happy knocking out the Dolphins out of play-off contention. returning the favor...

with the remaining 3 games, we will live or die with how well Geno play! but at least he got Jeremy "moe,larry & Kerley" back for his safety valve.

vCash
    If we were to win out I think we'd have a solid chance, but I don't see us winning out with how terribly inconsistent we've been

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Assuming Carolina beats us, the following scenario would have to take place:

-Jets would have to beat Cleveland and Miami.
    -Baltimore would have to lose out (Not outside the realm of possibility)
    -Miami would have to lose to New England (and NYJ obviously)
    -Pittsburgh (CIN, @GB, CLE), Tennessee (ARI, @JAX, HOU) and San Diego (@DEN... need I say more?) to all lose one of their remaining games.

So... it's possible, even if we lose to Carolina.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucktownanalyst View Post
    Assuming Carolina beats us, the following scenario would have to take place:

-Jets would have to beat Cleveland and Miami.
    -Baltimore would have to lose out (Not outside the realm of possibility)
    -Miami would have to lose to New England (and NYJ obviously)
    -Pittsburgh (CIN, @GB, CLE), Tennessee (ARI, @JAX, HOU) and San Diego (@DEN... need I say more?) to all lose one of their remaining games.

So... it's possible, even if we lose to Carolina.
    Pretty sure San Diego has the tiebreaker over us right now so if we both went 2-1 in the last 3 games they would get in over us. We basically need to win out.

vCash
    Right now is different than 3 weeks from now. Jets beating Cleveland & Miami and SD losing even 1 of their last 3 gives them the same conference record, then it comes down to record in common games, which the Jets hold the tie breaker in as SD is 0-4 in common games.

vCash
    We can beat the panthers!!!! Look I know the wins r at home but N.E. is 10-3 n so r the SAINTS!!! We beat them!! Let's get our first signature road win!!!!
    We got this!!!

vCash
    Lets just take it one week at a time!! We need to focus on cam newton and panthers defense if we take care of our own business like we should have done prior to beating Oakland then we would be sitting pretty good right now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucktownanalyst View Post
    Right now is different than 3 weeks from now. Jets beating Cleveland & Miami and SD losing even 1 of their last 3 gives them the same conference record, then it comes down to record in common games, which the Jets hold the tie breaker in as SD is 0-4 in common games.
    Touche salesman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast