Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 95 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

2013 MLB Winter Meetings and Job Fair Thread

Along with info on transactions I'll try to post some job openings info as well just to give you guys an idea of how this all works...

So far, only thing to report is that I had an egg white omelet for breakfast... More to come...

Link to the 'Offical Brochure' of the Winter Meetings: http://bwm.milb.net/images/13/13_BWM_Reg_Bro_Final.pdf
    Last edited by ABTY7; 12-09-2013 at 09:15 AM.
    Ombudsman

vCash
    Not sure what this means, probably nothing...

Jesse Rogers ‏@ESPNChiCubs 2m
    For Sox fans: Rick Hahn on flight to Orl so won't be any moves this morn. Cubs might be wheeling and dealing though!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimbrH2001 View Post
    Not sure what this means, probably nothing...

Jesse Rogers ‏@ESPNChiCubs 2m
    For Sox fans: Rick Hahn on flight to Orl so won't be any moves this morn. Cubs might be wheeling and dealing though!
    Cubs FO got here early for f-2-f meetings with other teams (A's, at least two others)... Rogers is about as useful as a penis flavored lollipop...
    Last edited by ABTY7; 12-09-2013 at 09:30 AM.

vCash
    Lol yeah Rogers has zero inside info he only reports things after others have.

vCash
    A penis flavored lollipop might actually find some moderate success in a few niche markets.

Tearing down Utopia, one brick at a time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7:27568800
    Along with info on transactions I'll try to post some job openings info as well just to give you guys an idea of how this all works...

So far, only thing to report is that I had an egg white omelet for breakfast... More to come...

Link to the 'Offical Brochure' of the Winter Meetings: http://bwm.milb.net/images/13/13_BWM_Reg_Bro_Final.pdf
    Nice to have you back ABTY.

While you were in Belize, Marlin put a Shark trade at 80% and Cubs would be "heavy" on Tanaka.

You hearing same things?

Oh and one more question, not counting posting fee, what do you think Tanaka fetches contract wise? 15-20M AAV range? More? Less?
    Last edited by Timmmahhh; 12-09-2013 at 09:35 AM.
    5/1/15

vCash
    Ooooo Belize huh? Did you meet up with John Mcafee?

vCash
    I wouldn't dare post a spoiler, but all I can think of when anyone mentions Belize nowadays is Saul Goodman.
    Dennis: My nose was chiseled by the gods themselves, Frank. My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David. You, on the other hand, well... you're a pit of despair. Frank, you disgust me. You disgust everyone. And you will never, ever be on that billboard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post

While you were in Belize, Marlin put a Shark trade at 80% and Cubs would be "heavy" on Tanaka.

You hearing same things?

Oh and one more question, not counted posting fee, what do you think Tanaka fetches contract wise? 15-20M AAV range? More? Less?
    Going off the 'buzz in the bar' , a Shark trade seems as much of a sure thing as these types of transactions get... FO has collected enough from around the league to know that they'll get what he need to make the trade happen- now it's a matter of leverage and pulling the right strings to get the best deal...

As far as Tanaka, the 20M will be bid and they've been back channel talking to Tanaka and his reps for months- much like it was for Jose Aberu, I don't see any one team completely outbidding the rest (Sox didn't have the high bid) Everyone will likely be around the same four-six years, 15-19M per... Wouldn't be shocked if Tanaka went short term, high AAV ala Cespedes (4 years, 75M type) at which point anyones guess on who he prefers...
    Ombudsman

vCash
    Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1 14h
    Club on Shin-Soo Choo say Ellsbury (7-$153M) is guidepost in negotiations, expect final number between Werth (7-$126M)/Ellsbury
    Sooooo 7/135?

At 19.2M AAV I'd have to pass.

vCash
    Off topic, but i can't help but wonder if Jose Abreu becomes the Sox Fukudome. Time will tell I guess. Hopefully we have what it takes to land Tanaka, especially with a Shark trade seeming like a forgone conclusion. Thanks for the updates as always Ty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7:27568917
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post

You hearing same things?

Oh and one more question, not counted posting fee, what do you think Tanaka fetches contract wise? 15-20M AAV range? More? Less?
    Going off the 'buzz in the bar' , a Shark trade seems as much of a sure thing as these types of transactions get... FO has collected enough from around the league to know that they'll get what he need to make the trade happen- now it's a matter of leverage and pulling the right strings to get the best deal...

As far as Tanaka, the 20M will be bid and they've been back channel talking to Tanaka and his reps for months- much like it was for Jose Aberu, I don't see any one team completely outbidding the rest (Sox didn't have the high bid) Everyone will likely be around the same four-six years, 15-19M per... Wouldn't be shocked if Tanaka went short term, high AAV ala Cespedes (4 years, 75M type) at which point anyones guess on who he prefers...
    Awesome info as always.
    5/1/15

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post

Birdie says one or some of those strings are attached to the Philadelphia Phillies..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILVFL View Post
    Off topic, but i can't help but wonder if Jose Abreu becomes the Sox Fukudome. Time will tell I guess. Hopefully we have what it takes to land Tanaka, especially with a Shark trade seeming like a forgone conclusion. Thanks for the updates as always Ty.
    He's a few years younger than Fukudome so he should be on the rise in terms of talent as opposed to where Fukudome was in his developmental stage when he signed with the Cubs. The interesting thing will be if he is well-rounded enough as a hitter to be consistent. We've seen what happened to Cespedes once the league adjusted to him and time will tell if he makes the necessary adjustments for next season. It'll be interesting to see how Puig does next season. Those are the best comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    Birdie says one or some of those strings are attached to the Philadelphia Phillies..
    If the Phillies are desperate enough, I would certainly be interested in Franco and Biddle but, if the focus of trading Samardzija is to find the best pitching prospect possible, I don't know if Biddle does it for me.
    Last edited by terencem; 12-09-2013 at 10:22 AM.

vCash
    In honor of the winter meetings:

Page 1 of 95 1231151 ... LastLast