3 11.11%
  • Fixed yes, but not hard core.

14 51.85%
  • No way!

10 37.04%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Poll: Is the NFL fixed?

The NFL is a money making monster. The odds that game and season outcomes are left to chance is doubtful. The league itself was originally started for gambling purposes and it's legally registered as an entertainment business, not a sport.

I don't think every game is scripted or anything, but I do believe that there is more than just the sport of football that determines the outcomes of these games every week. I don't think its a question of IF, but more of a question of HOW MUCH these games are are pre-determined. It seems like every year the season ends with a huge dramatic ticket selling storyline.

What do u guys think?

vCash
    Top 10 selling teams (merchandise on NFL.com) April-September 2013

San Francisco 49ers
    Dallas Cowboys
    Denver Broncos
    Seattle Seahawks
    New England Patriots
    Chicago Bears
    Green Bay Packers
    New York Giants
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Washington Redskins

vCash
    I don't think full on fixed but I do think there is some element of shady officiating. When you have Vegas involved in high $$ gambling I don't find it hard to believe a person or 2 wouldn't try to make some $$ throwing a crooked flag or 2. Not saying all do it or if any at all do but humans are flawed and money is the temptress so it's probable in my eyes.

vCash
    I don't think it's completely fixed, but I do think there is a heavy bias.

vCash

Is the NFL fixed?

Yes. this is not a year around job for these refs, Every sunday they watch men get millions off a game they played as a kid....they want their piece of the pie too.

seriously though, theirs no fast breaks in football you have to grind for every yard. players shed blood, sweat and tears.....just for a guy that sales insurance during the off season throw a flag that cost ppl games and jobs.(not hating on insurance salesmen lol) at least give us lube when you **** us...by fining these refs for making horrible calls or suspend them for games. its a grey area definitely.

vCash
    what do you mean fixed...refs paid off, Roger making sure teams win, honestly I don't think it is at all or else the big defense powerhouses like the Steelers and the Ravens would not have won their championships.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    what do you mean fixed...refs paid off, Roger making sure teams win, honestly I don't think it is at all or else the big defense powerhouses like the Steelers and the Ravens would not have won their championships.
    Steelers win, the year the great Cowher and Bettis are due to retire. The Ravens won last year, allowing Ray Lewis to walk away a champ. Lots of storylines. Oh yeah, last year just happened to be Harbaugh vs Harbaugh. They had their time in the spotlight, no more Suprebowls for either coach for a long time now.

Some guy actually got **** from the NFL for trying to patent the Harbowl before last year even started.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...bowl-trademark

War on Terror = Patriots dynasty and of course a win for NY too.

The biggest NFL storyline going into this year was Peyton Manning. They've been guaranteed a playoff spot since he signed with them. And what bigger test for Manning than the worlds greatest defense, the Seattle Seahawks! Step right up!

Broncos over the Seahawks in this years Super Bowl. Obviously.
    Last edited by whooligun; 12-09-2013 at 09:25 AM.

vCash
    Watch this 3 part series. I dont 100% agree with them, but he does make you think about stuff. A lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjoMk9f8BtE

vCash
    Absolutely it's fixed, the nfl will make sure jim shorts remains our coach and makes sure we never even sniff a Super Bowl! Seriously though, there are a handful of teams the nfl wants to see succeed and were certainly not one of them!

vCash
    Biases are part of human nature. That being said, no way is it fixed.

vCash
    Fixed? I donno that thats the right word..

There is some shady **** tho..

To be fair tho we do get some of them our wayx depending on who we are playing. .

PSD's Sling Blade and lions forum bouncer

2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'm a Lions fan we aren't allowed to dream of success so I don't let others do so either.

vCash
    Personally I feel the nba is waaay more crooked than the nfl. ie see Game 6 kings v lakers.

The year of 911, pats win (how patriotic) I get it trust me.
    Katrina devastates N.O. In 2005 Saints win SB in 2009 (one year after city est. restoration date)
    Lowly wild card Giants face unbeaten Goliath in the pats, great underdog story, giants win SB.
    Betts wins SB in his last year, uncle ray ray wins in his last year... Then Why not favre?

. If the nfl fixing was true we'll see manning vs manning next year.

I think the teams have to be good enough to become a chess piece in Super Bowl marketing.
    Last edited by Lionsfanfromsac; 12-09-2013 at 10:41 AM.
    Don't just read our posts, JOIN US! click here
    2011 AND 2012 JWE & Strives Lions prediction game Champion
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10, #12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    By that video's logic I expect Chiefs vs Eagles in the Super Bowl.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    We suck!!! That's all I know!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Personally I feel the nba is waaay more crooked than the nfl. ie see Game 6 kings v lakers.

The year of 911, pats win (how patriotic) I get it trust me.
    Katrina devastates N.O. In 2005 Saints win SB in 2009 (one year after city est. restoration date)
    Lowly wild card Giants face unbeaten Goliath in the pats, great underdog story, giants win SB.
    Betts wins SB in his last year, uncle ray ray wins in his last year... Then Why not favre?

. If the nfl fixing was true we'll see manning vs manning next year.

I think the teams have to be good enough to become a chess piece in Super Bowl marketing.
    I think Manning gets his send off win this year. Whoever is looking at a new stadium, etc will get the SuperBowl. I expect Andrew Luck & the Colts to be contenders as soon as Peyton retires.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast