Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Darrelle Revis: Lavonte David is the Best Linebacker in the League

“I think he’s the best linebacker in the league,” Revis said of David. “There are some guys, no disrespect to Patrick Willis and a number of guys that have been playing for a long time. When you pop on the film and watch our defense, Lavonte David is everywhere on the field from sideline to sideline. In the run defense, he’s there. In the pass defense, he’s there."

“He was one of the first guys I saw and got excited about when I first came down here in April.”

How impressed is Bucs defensive tackle Gerald McCoy of David? He believes David isn’t mortal, but a superhero.

“That guy is on,” Bucs defensive tackle Gerald McCoy said of David. “That dude, it’s like he is everywhere. You all thought I was joking when I called him ‘The Flash’ last year. That dude can get from one spot to the other out of nowhere. It is ridiculous. I have a quick first step for a lineman. That dude has a quick every step. I love having him.”
    Where do you guys rank Lavonte David compared to the other top linebackers? How does he stack up against Derrick Brooks?
    Last edited by Quikdraw; 12-08-2013 at 07:51 PM.

We Want Winston!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    Where do you guys rank Lavonte David compared to the other top linebackers? How does he stack up against Derrick Brooks?
    Cant compare him with Brooks yet he plays allot like him but still cant compare him to the best LB in our teams history. I say hes top 5 in the league right now for sure. Interesting thought i do love Barron tons but can you imagine a LB core of Kuechly and David? Yikes!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhouse94 View Post
    Cant compare him with Brooks yet he plays allot like him but still cant compare him to the best LB in our teams history. I say hes top 5 in the league right now for sure. Interesting thought i do love Barron tons but can you imagine a LB core of Kuechly and David? Yikes!
    Why not? What more does he need to prove? Lavonte is breaking records every Sunday. I don't think it's too early to start comparing the two now that David has nearly played two seasons. Check out Lavonte's current stats and Derrick's stats from his best year when he won defensive player of the year.

Derrick Brooks (16 games) - 117 tackles, 1 sack, 5 interceptions, 1 forced fumble
    Lavonte David (13 games) - 117 tackles, 6 sacks, 5 interceptions, 1 forced fumble

We Want Winston!

vCash
    I love lavonte hes my favorite player on this team and should be the defensive player of the year or at least in the running, but hes only played 2 season thats why i think its a little early to compare him with the best Buc LB and arguably the best Buc player of all time.

This is what Lavonte is going up against when comparing him to Brooks........
    6 First-team All-Pro (1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005)
    3 Second-team All-Pro (1997, 1998, 2001)
    9 First-team All-NFC (1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005)
    11 Pro Bowl (1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008)
    Walter Payton Man of the Year Award (2000)
    "Whizzer" White NFL Man of the Year Award (2003)
    Bart Starr Man of the Year Award (2003)
    AP NFL Defensive Player of the Year (2002)
    Super Bowl champion (XXXVII)
    Pro Bowl MVP (2005)
    12 Straight years with 100+ tackles (1715 Total)
    7 Defensive TD's
    25 Interceptions
    13.5 Sacks
    (Soon to be first ballot hall of famer)

vCash
    It is too early, however if Lavonte can stay healthy his whole career and have no set backs, he can and probably will end up being better.
    Thank you Glazer's for the free tickets!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhouse94 View Post
    I love lavonte hes my favorite player on this team and should be the defensive player of the year or at least in the running, but hes only played 2 season thats why i think its a little early to compare him with the best Buc LB and arguably the best Buc player of all time.
    I can respect that. My goal here wasn't to discredit Brooks an any way. I just find it interesting that Lavonte is quietly raising the bar for weakside linebackers and no one seems to be noticing. He's currently 9th in Pro Bowl voting for outside linebackers behind guys Danny Travathan and Lance Briggs. I highly doubt he's even going to be a candidate for defensive player of the year.

We Want Winston!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    I can respect that. My goal here wasn't to discredit Brooks an any way. I just find it interesting that Lavonte is quietly raising the bar for weakside linebackers and no one seems to be noticing. He's currently 9th in Pro Bowl voting for outside linebackers behind guys Danny Travathan and Lance Briggs. I highly doubt he's even going to be a candidate for defensive player of the year.
    Sadly its the Tampa effect if we dont have turmoil going on here then really we get no media coverage and our players really suffer for it. This was made obvious by watching the Sunday night game at half time when they showed the highlights of the games in the afternoon, then showed at least 1 little clip of then game and then the score except when it got to the bucs vs bills game they just showed the score and said bucs won lol David's amazing season is being over shadowed by Freeman, Schiano and the Tampa Effect.

vCash
    http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/12/10...er-of-the-year

Technically yes with his numbers this year.

vCash
    Lavonte has the most INTs on the team with the most INTs in the NFL. That's huge.

He leads this team in tackles and interceptions, he is second in sacks.

1st LB(5th player overall) to have 6 sacks and 5 INTs in a season.

He also leads the team in passes defensed(9), tied with Revis.

Hes definitely the best defensive player in the league this year, and should win the award.

We Want Winston

vCash
    No doubt the best, and we all know he has no shot at dpoy, and maybe even the pro bowl. Oh well, this will just leave him hungrier, to our benefit.

vCash
    I was watching ESPN today and they said that "Lavonte Davis" is having a great year.

We Want Winston!

vCash
    He's tied for the 3rd most interceptions by a LB in his first 2 seasons since the merger. CRAZY.

8th most passes defensed for a LB in his first 2 seasons since the stat has been kept. Hes only 4 off the record.
    Last edited by bwallstreet; 12-12-2013 at 12:01 AM.

We Want Winston

vCash
    In that link i posted it talks about a stat called “defeats”, which is a stat they consider an impact play. This can be a sack, TFL, TO, or a stop on 3rd/4th down. So David already has 43 this year and the best ever set by a LB was 45 by Ray Lewis. The only other time a LB got over 40 was the same exact year and it was.... Derrick Brooks. JJ Watt has the record with 56, and each of these years a player got 40+ defeats they have won DPOTY. With 3 games left i think LD will easily pass Ray Lewis and maybe make a run at Watt’s record. He is a game changer on defense and this stat proves it. He is in that elite category or LB and laying far beyond his years on a weak team. If LD played instead of Brooks back on those late 90s-early 00s teams, he would have no trouble keeping up.

vCash
    Great Grantland article on him too now

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...eat-linebacker

vCash
    Lavonte David should be DPOY and it is not even close. The fact that he is on the 4-9 Bucs is irrelevant. Statistically, he is the best defensive player in the NFL.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast