Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do you like the Kings acquisition of Rudy Gay?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 57.58%
  • No

11 33.33%
  • Indifferent

3 9.09%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Exclamation Sacramento Kings Acquire Rudy Gay in 7 player deal

Rudy Gay is headed to Sacramento!

Rudy Gay is headed to the Sacramento Kings in a trade, and Sac-Town fans are not happy.

Yahoo! Sportsí Adrian Wojnarowski reports that Gay was pulled out of the Toronto Raptors lineup before Sundayís game because of the trade. While terms of the deal are not yet available, Woj says John Salmons, Chuck Hayes, Greivis Vasquez and Patrick Patterson will head to Toronto. Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray will head from Toronto to Sacramento as part of the deal.

Gay was acquired by the Raptors last year from the Memphis Grizzlies, where he previously spent his entire career. Gay has a $19.3 million player option for next year that the Raptors clearly donít want to pay. He is making $17.88 million this season.

Gay is shooting 38.8 percent from the field this season and banned stats from the teamís postgame locker room.

vCash
    hahahahaha

vCash
    I don't know how to feel about this. I don't care too much about losing any of the ones we're giving up, but hopefully Gay improves efficiency- wise. We do finally have a real SF though - I just don't get it unless we think we can compete this year with this move. Wish we could have unloaded Thornton in the deal.

vCash
    I dont like Rudy Gay and I don't like getting better quick and endangering us of losing a top 6 spot in the draft. We shouldnt be trying to instantly get better with elite talent in the draft like this. This Rudy Gay trade wouldve been there in the offseason. No one wants his contract. I appreciate the activity from the FO and that they are trying to better this team, but Rudy Gay isnt the right way. Better than what we have but just not a winning NBA player

vCash
    I've read that he'll be used as a stretch four in sacramento?
    Dirk dominating at age 35

vCash
    My take on the trade is that the Kings just got better. That's all. I don't want to over analyze it, because in the end the Kings upgraded in talent. I'm not worried about what he's getting paid because its not coming out of my account. All I know is Rudy Gay can flat out ball, and he's better than any other SF that we have.

I have one question... Is it Jimmer time? Or does the young buck McCallum get the nod? (talking about backup for clarification)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post
    I've read that he'll be used as a stretch four in sacramento?
    That would be situational, he's not going to log a lot of minutes at the 4. He's a SF and he will remain one in Sacramento.

vCash
    I love this trade. We swapped salaries and got a sf that can actually play. I know there is bad that is said to come with his game... black hole on offense... contract too big.... etc

We got rid of contracts that were bad on our team for actual talent.I like that this shows we have an owner looking to win. Plus IT has been outlying Vasquez since the start of the season. This opens the door for IT to start and possibly RayM to come in... we can play big with JT at the 4... or small with Gay or Williams at the 4.

We can run the s### out of the ball with IT, Ben, Gay, Williams, Cousins

Love it... next move... Thornton and jimmer for asik?

vCash
    I think you guys are missing the biggest key to this trade. NO MORE SALMONS!!!!!!

Plus More Isaiah. Isaiah, McLemore, Gay, Williams, Cousins. Good enough.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    This trade created much need balance to the rotation. Isaiah, Gay, and Cousins aren't going to sit for long periods. I assume McLemore as well, but you never know how Thornton is going to play off the bench.

Oh, and the Kings have a backup C. I don't know how he's going to pan out as a backup but Gray has had some successful spurts.
    Last edited by iMac; 12-08-2013 at 08:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    I think you guys are missing the biggest key to this trade. NO MORE SALMONS!!!!!!

Plus More Isaiah. Isaiah, McLemore, Gay, Williams, Cousins. Good enough.
    Gay is so inefficient though...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    This trade created much need balance to the rotation. Isaiah, Gay, and Cousins aren't going to sit for long periods. I assume McLemore as well, but you never know how Thornton is going to play off the bench.

Oh, and the Kings have a backup C. I don't know how he's going to pan out as a backup but Gray has had some successful spurts.
    I am more comfortable with Gray getting minutes over N'diaye.

Pete's really trying. He kept the Thomas, McLemore, Cousins core together and is trying to infuse talent to this talentless roster with the Williams/Gay trades.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    Gay is so inefficient though...
    Career 44.7 FG%

Is that really so bad? Only been brutal past season plus first 20 games of this season.

<3

vCash
    WTF are we doing...

vCash
    Wish we didnt lose Vasquez I really think he was good for the team and if we are tryna run he can push the ball really well with those outlook passes. I know he was struggling but I think we with time more progress would have been made with him. Wish it was MT goin instead and I dont have a problem moving the other guys. I like the improvement even though Gay is so up and down with his play atleast the team is shaping up a bit. Who knows we might still lose a bunch and get a high pick anyways. I feel like Ray isnt quite ready to play PG yet and should play more D-League games but I love his work ethic so overall this is a big wait and see.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast