Thad for Asik?

Thanks fanofphilly

vCash
    we have a roster discussion thread already talking about this

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    Stupid idea.

vCash
    Hawes for asik seems like a better fit for Houston. Contract wise Thad might be better but I think trading hawes is better for us on the court both in losing this season and winning next.

vCash
    Can this be moved into roster discussion? Mostly since we are talking about it there?

Anyways as I said there:
    Asik feels like a win now player. We don't need that.

And people keep saying he's the defensive 5 that we can start building around. (1) We already have that with Noel. (2) Asik is a piece not a block to build around.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    We don't know if Noel is a 5 or 4 yet. I don't think he'll help us win more than hawes this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    We don't know if Noel is a 5 or 4 yet. I don't think he'll help us win more than hawes this season.
    I might agree in the first part a tiny bit, but I think he's more a 5 than a 4. Even if he works on his shot, he still does't have the handle to play a face up 4.

As for the second bit, now that Hawes's offense has fallen off (predictably), I think what Asik brings on defense helps us much more since we are allowing a high number of shots at the rim.

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Yeah , your probably right. Hawes is starting to really blow. Seems to only shoot threes now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    Yeah , your probably right. Hawes is starting to really blow. Seems to only shoot threes now.
    You know what they say:
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Hawes has fooled us every year he's been here, starting good only to succumb to his own hype and try to be a superstar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    we have a roster discussion thread already talking about this
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Can this be moved into roster discussion? Mostly since we are talking about it there?
    Since this seems like an actual rumor that stands on its own with some credibility, we can leave it as its own thread discussion. I see that it's already being discussed in detail in the roster thread, but there are enough posts to follow here that the posts from each thread would get out of order if merged.

vCash
    Guys we are all just looking at this deal for right now and if he helps or hurts our chances at the draft. I think Sam isn't putting all our eggs into one basket and thinking what if the draft avenue doesn't work out for us where do we go from there. Well this trade makes a lot of sense for two reasons. 1. It takes a year of Thad's salary off the books and 2. in 14-15 we'd have a huge 15 million dollar expiring contract in Asik. That type of contract for with a player like Asik means he would be a huge bargaining chip.

I can be wrong about the details of Asik's contract maybe bholly can correct me but I do believe it counts as a 15 million dollar expiring in his final season.

vCash
    Theres no possible way to know if asik helps or hurts our chances at the top 3 in the draft.

He obviously makes us bigger and better defensively, so I'm guessing he adds wins.... So I'd probably pass unless Houston sweetened the pot for us with a 2014 or 2015,1st rd pick.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    It's not just that, I don't think he's a player we can use as a building block in the long run. And that is important to Hinkie as well.

vCash
    Why not?

vCash
    I think we have the same exact building block in Noel for a fraction of the cost and for a longer time.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast