Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Post game chat (Week 14 @ CINCY)

Alright folks, time to talk about another crappy performance.

Rogers - stud. Colts found out that he can adequately replace DHB in the starting lineup.

Brazill - Came up huge today in garbage time, his first TD reception was impressive.

Offensive line - Wasn't bad at all, and I think Reitz deserves to start next week.

Richardson - Best game in a while, he did actually run more decisively today.

Defense - No one on defense played well.

Coaching - Read through the game thread for my thoughts.

--------------

What are your thoughts about this game? Positives? Negatives? Step back? Improvement?
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Darick is everything i thought hed be a dynamic but inexperienced player, had some bad plays in big moments but his upside is huge and his impact today showed that, so happy hes getting an opportunity

T rich seems to have finally come to a game ready to play football, he was actually finishing runs like he meant it today and although it still didnt really show up on the stat sheet other then all those garbage time catches , he looks like he might be ready to turn the corner

pass d is awful , darius butler killed us today , im hoping toler is the glue we have been missing to fix it but im not optimistic, at the very least toler could limit the damage a little bit

pass rush, wasnt very good today , could not get pressure when it counted any time we had them backed into a corner we couldnt get after dalton and that may be why the pass d looked so terrible too , or at least part of it

linebackers couldnt fill today , defense just wasnt good at all

o line looked marginally better, but still poor, i think we should of been looking at some of these backups earlier tho, cuz they did look improved

i dunno if the coaching was bad or if were just too inexperienced and untalented to execute

i honestly do like the direction were moving in all things considered, seems like darick could become a huge weapon and take alot of pressure off the rest of the O and open some things up, defense needs fixing but we had some bad calls and bounces go against us, i doubt were gonna be contenders at this point but i think its possible we win a playoff game with this group if we keep trending in the right direction

vCash
    Interesting to note Brown in his two starts has averaged less per carry than Richardson did as a starter.mand yes, I'm intentionally ignoring the last drive from last week, because why should,one drive overlook two,full games?

Perhaps Richardson isn't the problem?

Nice to see Rogers do well. Just makes me wonder why it took so long for them to bring him up after Wayne got hurt and also makes me wonder why he only got one target last week.

I actually think they would be better off making him the focus and the new Wayne rather than Hilton.

also........why did they wait until garbage timemtomstart throwing underneath to Richardson? He's clearly a receiving threat, yet this was the first time they utilized that all year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    Interesting to note Brown in his two starts has averaged less per carry than Richardson did as a starter.mand yes, I'm intentionally ignoring the last drive from last week, because why should,one drive overlook two,full games?

Perhaps Richardson isn't the problem?

Nice to see Rogers do well. Just makes me wonder why it took so long for them to bring him up after Wayne got hurt and also makes me wonder why he only got one target last week.

I actually think they would be better off making him the focus and the new Wayne rather than Hilton.

also........why did they wait until garbage timemtomstart throwing underneath to Richardson? He's clearly a receiving threat, yet this was the first time they utilized that all year.
    I've always thought Richardson's bad stats were a product of our crappy offensive line.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    did anyone notice if adongo got in the game or not?

vCash
    these refs were terrible

vCash
    The mark of a good team is steady improvement as the season goes on....we have done the opposite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SeekTheTruth View Post
    did anyone notice if adongo got in the game or not?
    Special teams.

<3

vCash
    Rogers led the team in targets (9). Welcome to the show, kid.

<3

vCash
    I wasn't able to watch the game live, just red zone.

I saw someone mention that Rodgers had some "bad plays at big moments". Can anyone elaborate on that please?

Good to hear that T-Rich had a better game. I looked at his stats and just assumed it was another day at the office for him.

vCash
    I just wanna sary I called Da'Rick being a beast. Now we can put our money in OL and D next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightrider28 View Post
    I just wanna sary I called Da'Rick being a beast. Now we can put our money in OL and D next season.
    I think he has a bright future as a player....but I wouldn't go putting all my eggs in his basket quite yet. We still need to find another WR that has potential be it in the draft, in FA, or wherever. Remember, Reggie is coming off injury and isn't a young man by any stretch of the imagination, and Da'Rick did fail multiple drug tests at Tenn (at least from what I've seen that is the reason for getting sent packing).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Special teams.
    yeah i understood thats all he was gonna play, im more or less wondering if anyone noticed how he faired, i watched the game but forgot to look out for him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSpurs23 View Post
    I wasn't able to watch the game live, just red zone.

I saw someone mention that Rodgers had some "bad plays at big moments". Can anyone elaborate on that please?

Good to hear that T-Rich had a better game. I looked at his stats and just assumed it was another day at the office for him.

what i said might of been a bit of an exaggeration, as its more he didnt make a tough play when he could of, but he had a few drops on balls that werent great throws but were catchable in my opinion,

in the first he had a good shot at a deep ball maybe 30 yds downfield, pacman jones had his arm inbetween daricks arms but he had position and i think he could of come down strong with it, and in the fourth q on a big 3rd down play luck threw one a little high and a little behind him, but he got both hands on it and we needed the catch,

those two stood out to me but i might be nitpicking considering this is a guy from the practice squad getting him first real nfl action besides a snap last week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightrider28 View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed to seeing the Colts sign a C and 2 guards, plus a LT if AC leaves.

<3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast