Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Asik?

vCash

Asik?

I think the suns should make a trade for omer asik, heres' why:
    1. suns are looking for a disgruntled player
    2. Houston is looking for a stretch 4 (frye)
    3. Houston is looking for draft picks
    4. more so, not a whole lot of bigs out there in the draft or fa that can defend and rebound like asik.
    5. asik is still young and injury free.

you have to assume len will never be your franchise center. asik and plumlee are solid defensively.

then in the draft or fa, you try and find a slashing 2 guard.

I know a lot of you will disagree but ask yourself, is plumlee our franchise center?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WES KOAST View Post
    4. more so, not a whole lot of bigs out there in the draft or fa that can defend and rebound like asik.

you have to assume len will never be your franchise center. asik and plumlee are solid defensively.

I know a lot of you will disagree but ask yourself, is plumlee our franchise center?
    Asik is a GROSSLY over paid center. Not only would i not want that contract, I wouldn't give up any 1st round pick in this years draft for him. To me if Plumlee or Len aren't our Franchise centers, I would much rather draft another guy.

If we don't get a top 3-4 pick, I'd be interested in Joel Embiid. Raw but already an impact guy.

vCash
    McDonough said he wants a disgruntled star. Asik isn't a star. He's an overpaid (15 mil next year?) cleanup center. We're not ready to compete yet. No reason to hurt our cap for a guy who won't do a whole lot for us.

Also, I'm not giving up on Len just yet. He's got swollen ankles but that doesn't last forever.

vCash
    It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to go after Asik.

1. The Suns are looking for a disgruntled star, not a role player.
    2. Houston actually have a stretch 4 in Terrence Jones; he shooting the same % from three and he's a better rebounder. He's also cheaper. They may want more stretch 4s but I don't see them being desperate for frye.
    3. Every team in the league is looking for draft picks and we got 'em. I would rather try and make a bigger splash with them.
    4. I don't see us drafting another centre this year anyway.
    5. True, and I think he's a good starting centre, he just not right for us at this point.
    6. Why do we have to assume that Len will never be our franchise centre? We're, what, 20 games into his rookie season and you're ready to call it a career for Len and cut our loses? That's classic sports fan impatience there.

vCash
    Seriously??!! Makes no sense at all. We are rebuilding, Plumlee is playing well and is cheap, and we have a rookie center who was the 5th pick in the draft and you want to trade for an insanely overpayed role player, lol. cmon man

vCash
    that is horrible. If we had a star of like Love or Aldridge then MAYBE we should consider it but for.this current team and style F NO!!! Lol. Maybe 3 team deal with OKC or TOR or ATL.

vCash

ask yourself sir, is Asik our FUTURE franchise center? you willing to give up players and a draft pick on a very deep draft and pay him LOADS of money? money that can possibly be used to acquire an already established star, for in your own words, just a disgruntled player? or is it a mistype? that you really think he's a star, worth all that money? like Houston apparently thought of him when he offered him the fat contract

vCash
    plumlee might be cheap but he's no future starting center. love the dude and his hustle, he's just undersized.

I given up on len, only because I've seen other big men suffer foot pain and problems over the years. it's more genetics than an injury.

you guys laugh at asik and yet you homers were the very ones who wanted gortwat as a starter. all u guys are a bunch of clowns!

len 3.5m/frye 6.5m/asik 8.5m. everything is relative. frye cant defend or rebound like a pf should. plumlee/asik in the frontcourt gives you better rebounding and interior defense. now when you take things into context, who's overly paid now? I rest my case

vCash
    for the record, i am not one of the homers who wanted Gortat, i hated having him in the Suns and I am pretty much sure that most homers here in this forum didn't want him either. his 8.5 M salary that you quoted if i'm not mistaken is an average his salary next year is 15M.

we can't all agree on everything right? this is a forum anyway, where people exchange differing views, i know you love asik to be the franchise player of the Suns, even willing to overpay (in my opinion) him, but not agreeing with you doesn't make us clowns

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 7secondsORless View Post
    Asik is a GROSSLY over paid center. Not only would i not want that contract, I wouldn't give up any 1st round pick in this years draft for him. To me if Plumlee or Len aren't our Franchise centers, I would much rather draft another guy.

If we don't get a top 3-4 pick, I'd be interested in Joel Embiid. Raw but already an impact guy.
    Embiid will end up going top 7 unless he gets injured. He's improving all the time and is arguably the best prospect at his position and already has NBA size.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky4104 View Post
    for the record, i am not one of the homers who wanted Gortat, i hated having him in the Suns and I am pretty much sure that most homers here in this forum didn't want him either. his 8.5 M salary that you quoted if i'm not mistaken is an average his salary next year is 15M.

we can't all agree on everything right? this is a forum anyway, where people exchange differing views, i know you love asik to be the franchise player of the Suns, even willing to overpay (in my opinion) him, but not agreeing with you doesn't make us clowns
    no, asik is not a franchise center but he's a nice piece to build alongside Bledsoe.

no, only 8.5m will count against the cap even tho he's got a big balloon payment next year.

all I know is unless you have a solid center, you're not going to go anywhere. heat didn't have a solid center but they do have LeBron, exception rather than the rule.

vCash
    plumlee might be cheap but he's no future starting center. love the dude and his hustle, he's just undersized.

I given up on len, only because I've seen other big men suffer foot pain and problems over the years. it's more genetics than an injury.

you guys laugh at asik and yet you homers were the very ones who wanted gortwat as a starter. all u guys are a bunch of clowns!
    People wanted Gortat when we first acquired him as he could have still become a big player in the league. He's since peaked and I don't recall a single Suns fan who wanted to retain him beyond this season. Rocky is right in that he will seek close to 15mil per season after this year and he'll get it too.

Also, please leave the name calling out of it. Not everyone is going to agree with you.

len 3.5m/frye 6.5m/asik 8.5m. everything is relative. frye cant defend or rebound like a pf should. plumlee/asik in the frontcourt gives you better rebounding and interior defense. now when you take things into context, who's overly paid now? I rest my case
    Plumlee/Asik in the frontcourt gives us no post presence at all. Frye at least spreads the floor and has limited post moves.

No one will defend Asik outside of 5 feet. Not to mention he's one of the worst FT shooting bigs in the league. You can't have someone like that on a team where we score in transition and where the big man will get fouled a lot. Hak-a-Asik would slow our offense to a crawl.
    Last edited by king4day; 12-09-2013 at 03:56 PM. Reason: typo (meant to say he could have been, not still could)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    Embiid will end up going top 7 unless he gets injured. He's improving all the time and is arguably the best prospect at his position and already has NBA size.
    Just curious how you are anyone else would feel if we drafted him? Assuming we don't get a top 4-5 pick. I would almost rather us draft him over anyone not named Jabari Parker, Julius Randle, or Andrew Wiggins.

Embiid has LOADS of skill and upside. I would say he has the highest upside outside of Wiggins

vCash
    heard Asik is going to the Sixers, any truth to this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 7secondsORless View Post
    Just curious how you are anyone else would feel if we drafted him? Assuming we don't get a top 4-5 pick. I would almost rather us draft him over anyone not named Jabari Parker, Julius Randle, or Andrew Wiggins.

Embiid has LOADS of skill and upside. I would say he has the highest upside outside of Wiggins
    The hard part is that we drafted Len last year. If we were going to draft a player to a position that we already have depth I'd be going Exum at PG. The guy is going to be a star, and Bledsoe and Dragic have much more trade value than Plumlee or Len.

Other than that, I think Embiid could turn out to be another Bynum without the injuries (hopefully). He has the size and athleticism, and is developing post moves very quickly for a guy who hasn't been playing basketball long. He needs to improve his rebounding and blocking however; he should be dominating defensively with his physical advantage. Tends to get in foul trouble easily too, but that should change the more he plays, and under the experienced eye of Bill Self.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast