Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Melo already recruiting Rondo to come to NY

With both players set to hit free agency in the coming years, Knicks star Carmelo Anthony has been recruiting Celtics guard Rajon Rondo to join him in New York, according to Jason Jordan of USA Today.

The news comes via an interview with Steve Smith, Rondo's high school coach at Oak Hill Academy (Mouth of Wilson, Va.):

Whether he stays in Boston or not who knows. I know, talking to Melo (Carmelo Anthony), he's recruiting Rajon to come to New York. Melo thinks he'll come too. You never know about that stuff though. I think either way, Rajon will be fine.

Considering Anthony is set to be an unrestricted free agent this offseason, he'll obviously need to re-sign with the Knicks before any 'Melo-Rondo dreams can be fulfilled in NYC. However, Rondo becomes a free agent after next season, and it shouldn't be surprising if the Knicks are angling to use their available cap space on him.
    Yes please.

vCash

Melo already recruiting Rondo to come to NY

That's the plan

vCash
    Pretty reliable source - Rondo's HS Coach. I always got the vibes Rondo didn't like Melo but that was probably just part of the rivalry. Rondo never really got into any of those skirmishes with KG and even from the video at the bus last year Rondo kept his distance and didn't get in the middle of it.

vCash
    Who's the 3rd player in the big 3? Marc Gasol? Kevin Love?

vCash
    uh.......

YAY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNumber37 View Post
    Who's the 3rd player in the big 3? Marc Gasol? Kevin Love?
    k love, book it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Pretty reliable source - Rondo's HS Coach. I always got the vibes Rondo didn't like Melo but that was probably just part of the rivalry. Rondo never really got into any of those skirmishes with KG and even from the video at the bus last year Rondo kept his distance and didn't get in the middle of it.
    If Melo and the whole Knicks team plays like they did last night a lot of good players will be interested. They moved the ball until they got a good look..funny how shots go down when they aren't forced. It starts with Melo. if he moves the ball the Knicks can be good. When he hogs the ball other players do the same thing and the Knicks are bad.. Pretty simple formula

vCash
    Keep an eye on any of these names switching over to CAA. Seriously - thats like the biggest telltale sign of a soon-to-be-Knick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by doorag View Post
    If Melo and the whole Knicks team plays like they did last night a lot of good players will be interested. They moved the ball until they got a good look..funny how shots go down when they aren't forced. It starts with Melo. if he moves the ball the Knicks can be good. When he hogs the ball other players do the same thing and the Knicks are bad.. Pretty simple formula
    Its a chicken or the egg thing to me. Did we miraculously move the ball or did we finally hit a few shots that opened up the floor and made it easy to find lanes and swing passes? Once a few shots go down the ball starts to move, or does the ball move and the shots start to go down? Impossible to say...

vCash
    Either way, when Rondo is your PG, your gonna have open looks all over. That dude would work wonders for this current squad. With Timmy,Shump,JR on the wings and on the break, Tyson there for the lobs and PnR, Bargs there for the pick and pop, Melo actually getting the ball without a defender glued to him in the half court.

vCash
    Can you imagine:

Rondo
    Shumpert
    Melo
    Love
    Chandler?

vCash
    Keep an eye on any of these names switching over to CAA. Seriously - thats like the biggest telltale sign of a soon-to-be-Knick.
    lmao so true. lets send Rondo a **** ton of CAA brochures
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKnickFanatic View Post
    Can you imagine:

Rondo
    Shumpert
    Melo
    Love
    Chandler?
    Yes, Which is why, it would never happen. Not under Dolan's watch.

vCash
    Its a chicken or the egg thing to me. Did we miraculously move the ball or did we finally hit a few shots that opened up the floor and made it easy to find lanes and swing passes? Once a few shots go down the ball starts to move, or does the ball move and the shots start to go down? Impossible to say...

I gotta disagree with you here. Last night Melo didn't do his patented hold the ball schtick, and almost automatically the offense was flowing and we were getting open shots.

I know that it's easier to look like a well oiled machine when you're playing the Nets as they're currently constructed with mostly subs, but it still remains that I didn't see Melo holding the ball for an inordinate amount of time at any point last night. He was trusting his teammates and they were responding.

There was even one moment where the clock was running down and the ball was in Melo's hands, which has been a chuck shot by Melo in every instance this year. However, this time he passed the ball cross court to an open teammate who took the shot with the clock running down. Yes, it was a miss and a chuck nonetheless, but at least it wasn't Melo thinking he's the only one who can take those shots. It was the most refreshing missed shot I've seen in a while.

vCash
    Rondo is with BDA sports management.

http://www.bdasports.com/bda-atheletes/

Our CAA links could work against us as much as for us. And even if Melo is "recruiting" Rondo, it doesn't mean anything until Rondo is a FA if we don't have the assets to get him in a trade.

The real question is whether Melo will tie himself to the Knicks for 4-5 years on the "hope" that Rondo decides to come to the Knicks. Maybe it's just me, but if I'm Melo I'm not betting my future on the "chance" that Melo wants to sign.
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast