Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Props to Bargnani thread...

I was not a hater, and I thought he would do good here, but even I am impressed with how well he has been playing as he has shaken off the rust.

There was a lot of hate for Bargnani right after the trade and into the beginning of the season, but those haters have died down and that speaks volumes of just how impressive Bargs has been.

It's still early, but that trade is looking better and better every day.

Onward and upward.

vCash
    I knew barg can score at will ..but his one on one defense been a pretty surprise he held his own against elite centers d12 hibbert ect now lets see what will happen ounce tyson gets back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    I was not a hater, and I thought he would do good here, but even I am impressed with how well he has been playing as he has shaken off the rust.

There was a lot of hate for Bargnani right after the trade and into the beginning of the season, but those haters have died down and that speaks volumes of just how impressive Bargs has been.

It's still early, but that trade is looking better and better every day.

Onward and upward.

Ya boyyeee.... #77!!

Keep it rolling!

vCash
    True Bargnani has played reasonably well... but not well enough indicated by our record. He really shouldn't be a difference maker for a team but in the Knicks case he is. The problem isn't him directly but a couple of things:

1. Him sliding to Center as Tyson Chandler's replacement has torpedoed team defense concepts. Unfortunately he doesn't call out defensive assignments like our favorite DPOY.
    2. Yes he is scoring well right now and playing good man to man but that did not equal wins
    3. When Chandler returns, Barg goes back to PF and Melo to SF and once again the conundrum of two players playing out of position and thus cannot defend their opposing player.

So in a nutshell what I've learned is Bargnani is playing relatively well, it's a shame his contract is what it is because if it were more reasonable, I would trade him while his value is high to get somebody that better fits the roster that we currently have today.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    everyone was disrespecting this guy. he has shut everyone up.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    True Bargnani has played reasonably well... but not well enough indicated by our record. He really shouldn't be a difference maker for a team but in the Knicks case he is. The problem isn't him directly but a couple of things:

1. Him sliding to Center as Tyson Chandler's replacement has torpedoed team defense concepts. Unfortunately he doesn't call out defensive assignments like our favorite DPOY.
    2. Yes he is scoring well right now and playing good man to man but that did not equal wins
    3. When Chandler returns, Barg goes back to PF and Melo to SF and once again the conundrum of two players playing out of position and thus cannot defend their opposing player.

So in a nutshell what I've learned is Bargnani is playing relatively well, it's a shame his contract is what it is because if it were more reasonable, I would trade him while his value is high to get somebody that better fits the roster that we currently have today.
    huh? Melo has always played SF before NY, Chandler is a C and Bargs has played PF most of his career...lol

We haven't seen THIS Bargs play with Tyson yet, he only played 2 games with Tyson and he was rusty, timid and nervous. We'll be fine when Tyson comes back. Bargs can guard most PF's... and on nights when there is a quicker PF we can go small and Bargs can play mostly at backup C. It's nice to have options at least.

Glad Bargs is getting some props... man this guy was ROASTED before the season on here. You'd think we gave up a top 5 pick for him the way people were talking.

Look at the Pacers who gave up a young stud Plumlee and an unprotected 2014 1st for a 34 year old PF that plays 18mpg... yet that was a great trade right?,,,lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    huh? Melo has always played SF before NY, Chandler is a C and Bargs has played PF most of his career...lol

We haven't seen THIS Bargs play with Tyson yet, he only played 2 games with Tyson and he was rusty, timid and nervous. We'll be fine when Tyson comes back. Bargs can guard most PF's... and on nights when there is a quicker PF we can go small and Bargs can play mostly at backup C. It's nice to have options at least.

Glad Bargs is getting some props... man this guy was ROASTED before the season on here. You'd think we gave up a top 5 pick for him the way people were talking.

Look at the Pacers who gave up a young stud Plumlee and an unprotected 2014 1st for a 34 year old PF that plays 18mpg... yet that was a great trade right?,,,lol
    not only nights with quicker PFs ... there is no reason that MR Potato head can't rotate his lineups so when Tyson goes out Bargnani can slide over to the C position for 18-25 min a game(tyson should not be stretched out in playing time anymore during season).

WORST COACH IN THE NBA!!!!! HOPEFULLY HAILING A CAB OUT OF THE CITY!!!

vCash
    Bargs went waaaay up in my book after last night. Love that guy (for the time being) !

FROM COUNTRY ROADS TO THE BIG APPLE .. FLIGHT GENO , READY FOR DEPARTURE

vCash
    The best part was going right back at KG when KG tried to rough him up. I love that Melo again came to his aid. Bargs needs that kind of support from his 'mates.

I was watching with one of my boys who isn't a HUGE die hard fan and was saying how he hates Bargs cause he can't play D and he's 7 foot. I told him to watch him 1v1 defense and conceded his help D kind of sucks - within 2 possessions he was eating crow.

I do think Bargs will be less effective at PF. Shorter quicker guys are more adept at guarding dudes like him - its like when Don Nelson went small against the 67 win Mavs in round 1, throwing guys like Stephen Jackson on Dirk and Dirk had no answer. Those type of hybrid 3/4s make life difficult for bigger face up players. I would use Bargs as a backup C and give him about 10 mins to play with a big front line. Against power teams you can adjust the minutes a little more.

vCash
    If he gets his rebound game up it will be OVER!!!! So far I love what I am seeing in his game and stepping up to Dirty @$$ garnett was great. Garnett has to be the dirtiest player in the NBA, if you look at the reply he kicks Bargnani, then right hooks him, then bumps him while his hands are up
    http://www.unscriptedent.com Radio Play Mixtape release Friday Oct. 29 Follow me on Twitter @legacy4eva For more info hit me up

vCash
    Yea I wouldn't be against Bargs coming off the bench to play backup C.

If Tyson plays 28mpg that still leaves 20mpg there for Bargs... and then you can play him another 5-10mpg at PF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    The best part was going right back at KG when KG tried to rough him up. I love that Melo again came to his aid. Bargs needs that kind of support from his 'mates.

I was watching with one of my boys who isn't a HUGE die hard fan and was saying how he hates Bargs cause he can't play D and he's 7 foot. I told him to watch him 1v1 defense and conceded his help D kind of sucks - within 2 possessions he was eating crow.

I do think Bargs will be less effective at PF. Shorter quicker guys are more adept at guarding dudes like him - its like when Don Nelson went small against the 67 win Mavs in round 1, throwing guys like Stephen Jackson on Dirk and Dirk had no answer. Those type of hybrid 3/4s make life difficult for bigger face up players. I would use Bargs as a backup C and give him about 10 mins to play with a big front line. Against power teams you can adjust the minutes a little more.

I agree. It going to be tricky b/c unless we play Melo at the 4 and a some combination of Hardaway, Shump, and JR at the 2 and 3 we are just a slow team. They seem to be a little more committed to looking ahead and swinging the ball in the half court. Hopefully, they will keep it up and even get better at it b/c not many teams are as slow as the nets

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    Why cant Tyson play the KMart role when he comes back?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post

Do you mean Amare? I don't think Melo was in at the time.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast