1 5.26%
  • Trade down for ILB

0 0%
  • Trade down for QB (which one?)

4 21.05%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Texans draft thread

So after the loss it looks like we're in a pretty good spot to pick #1 again. Who would you pick? There's Bridgewater, the potential franchise QB with tons of upside and great intangibles but hasn't put up the greatest stats in a weak conference. There's Clowney, the freak DE (OLB?) with all the talent in the world but was work ethic issues and take plays off. There's alo Anthony Barr who is a sack machine and plays his *** off. Then there's the option of trading down for a RT (Matthews or Lewan), am ILB (Mosely) or a QB (Carr, Hundley, Manziel). If there's someone else you would want, feel free to mention him too. Personally I would want to go Bridgewater, ILB, RT. Vote and discus...

vCash
    I like Bridgewater too. Clowney take plays off and will literally just stand there. Everyone bashes Bridgewater's stats but Clowey's aren't really there either. He has 3 sacks and 10.5 TFL. He's really just mailed this year in and that's not the player I want

vCash
    Clowney and Watt as the Defensive ends and go QB in the 2nd round either Boyd or Mettenburger.

vCash
    Mario Williams and Julius Peppers are leading some great defenses right now

vCash
    I lean Bridgewater, because its easily the most important position. We have Watt, Andre, and JJ. Watt is THE best at his position. And we are 2-11. Peyton Manning, the best at his position, would never have a 2-11 team.

Bridgewater, then OL, ILB, DE...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I completely agree with that except I'd go Safety over DE but we're talking about the fourth round anyway

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMays View Post
    I completely agree with that except I'd go Safety over DE but we're talking about the fourth round anyway
    I am guessing we go back to a 4-3 next season is the only reason I selected a DE. Free agency will change the order of what we need regardless, though OL is a huge need.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I think it will be Clowney or Manziel. Bridgewater is overrated for me. He reminds me too much of Byron Leftwich. I think you gamble on manziel or you take Clowney and hope Hundley is there in the 2nd

I would go

Round 1 - Clowney
    Round 2 - Hundley
    Round 3 - Safety
    Round 4 - Corner
    Round 5 - Offensive Line
    Round 6 - Offensive Line
    Round 7 - Inside Linebacker
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

vCash
    If we got Hundley in the second, I almost dont even care who we get in the first. Johnny is going to be the biggest gamble in this draft and isn't a character guy so I don't think we will even consider him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    I think it will be Clowney or Manziel. Bridgewater is overrated for me. He reminds me too much of Byron Leftwich. I think you gamble on manziel or you take Clowney and hope Hundley is there in the 2nd

I would go

Round 1 - Clowney
    Round 2 - Hundley
    Round 3 - Safety
    Round 4 - Corner
    Round 5 - Offensive Line
    Round 6 - Offensive Line
    Round 7 - Inside Linebacker
    I am fine with that as long as we pound a couple of OL in free agency first.

I am guessing Schaub, Owen, Manning, Smith, Tate, are all gone after this year. Owen, Schaub, and Manning save us money. Spend some of that on one of the best right side OL free agents available, and get an ILB if possible. Then go with what you listed.

vCash
    It's funny. Manziel wouldn't even be a 1st round consideration if Russell Wilson wasn't doing what he is doing...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I am fine with that as long as we pound a couple of OL in free agency first.

I am guessing Schaub, Owen, Manning, Smith, Tate, are all gone after this year. Owen, Schaub, and Manning save us money. Spend some of that on one of the best right side OL free agents available, and get an ILB if possible. Then go with what you listed.
    There are so many holes on this team, you cant fill all of them in the draft. If I am gonna take a gamble on a position, it is OLine becŕuse they did draft some guys last year. I'd sign a vet guard and hope a young tackle not named newton works out. I'm not hugely concerned with IlB . That's probably the least important position on the defense
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    There are so many holes on this team, you cant fill all of them in the draft. If I am gonna take a gamble on a position, it is OLine becŕuse they did draft some guys last year. I'd sign a vet guard and hope a young tackle not named newton works out. I'm not hugely concerned with IlB . That's probably the least important position on the defense
    sure, but Cushing is showing injury concerns, and you can't deny that we need depth there, no matter what. Ideally, we move to a 4-3 anyways, and Reed becomes a swing ILB.

vCash
    I would be alot more comfortable with Clowney if we switch to a 4-3

vCash
    Hey guys! I'm a vikings fan. Just wanted to say how shocked i am that you guys are 2-11.

I really dont want you guys to draft teddy lol.

I could see you guys going after jay cutler if you guys hire lovie smith.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast