Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Nick Foles Trade Value

Assume your starting QB is equal to oh IDK, Christian Ponder.

But you don't pick high enough to get someone who is a true franchise QB (you assume, always exceptions).

With the option of trading up, taking a shot later on or with your mid first...or trading for Foles.

What would you offer for Nick Foles?

I personally think someone would give a 1st for him pretty easily. Though I don't know for sure who. Just in generally.

Am I nuts?

DON'T ASSUME HE'S STAYING. IT'S JUST A HYPOTHETICAL. RELAX.

I'm sure he will stay as well.
    Last edited by Norm; 12-06-2013 at 12:28 AM.

vCash

Nick Foles Trade Value

Kind of. I'd go 2nd at most if I was really desperate to make a splash, but hey the colts gave up a first for Richardson so what do I know

vCash
    In before the ones who say "he isn't leaving Philly anyways".

Good hypothetical question norm. I could see a team like the Cards making a move for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cmb0310 View Post
    Kind of. I'd go 2nd at most if I was really desperate to make a splash, but hey the colts gave up a first for Richardson so what do I know
    I'm not even sure it's a "splash" it's almost a more educated move. People would be like, hmm yeah I get that idea. A more known commodity.

But also Kolb and Cassel and whoever else existed so all QBs who leave suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    In before the ones who say "he isn't leaving Philly anyways".

Good hypothetical question norm. I could see a team like the Cards making a move for him.
    I edited my post.

This is easy to say NOW but Foles is my favorite of some of the guys lately that were trade bait. Like Kolb especially.

Foles just has that "feel" to him. Ya know? I'm not sure he ever becomes even more than a better Matt Ryan, which I also don't love. But this isn't a damn fluke.

vCash
    I don't think it would be unreasonable to ask for 2 firsts for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I'm not even sure it's a "splash" it's almost a more educated move. People would be like, hmm yeah I get that idea. A more known commodity.

But also Kolb and Cassel and whoever else existed so all QBs who leave suck.

I edited my post.

This is easy to say NOW but Foles is my favorite of some of the guys lately that were trade bait. Like Kolb especially.

Foles just has that "feel" to him. Ya know? I'm not sure he ever becomes even more than a better Matt Ryan, which I also don't love. But this isn't a damn fluke.
    Well i always liked him cause he played for the UofA so i saw a lot of him but i honestly didn't know he would be this good. I actually said i wanted us to draft him as a backup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    Well i always liked him cause he played for the UofA so i saw a lot of him but i honestly didn't know he would be this good. I actually said i wanted us to draft him as a backup.
    I remember watching Foles in college and going "Nothing here."

Every day you're reminded how little you actually know. It's why I started to care less and less about the draft. It's fun. But at the end of the day even "they" don't know. Certainly "we" don't either.

vCash
    well andy reid isn't there any more to rip teams off so I say a 1st should get him.

vCash
    I remember watching Foles in college and going "Nothing here."

Every day you're reminded how little you actually know. It's why I started to care less and less about the draft. It's fun. But at the end of the day even "they" don't know. Certainly "we" don't either.
    I still think people underestimate the system/situation a QB is put into. If Nick Foles had been drafted by the Jets he would probably be doing what Geno is doing now. Some teams/coaches are just better at developing quarterbacks.
    Last edited by Nymfan87; 12-06-2013 at 01:22 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    I still think people underestimate the system/situation a QB is put into. If Nick Foles had been drafted by the Jets he would probably be doing what Geno is doing now. Some teams/coaches are just better at developing quarterbacks.
    Exactly. Geno is a great example. I like Smith.

Also it's really hard to gauge how much they can process, learn, how fast. How close to being maxed out are they.

Will they lose confidence. being a QB is a tough mother ****ing job.

I always laugh about pitchers in baseball that don't do **** for 3 years, get BEAT UP and then come back and become dominate for a long period.

Gut tells me there's QBs like that too. But never get a chance. Ya know

vCash
    Exactly. Geno is a great example. I like Smith.

Also it's really hard to gauge how much they can process, learn, how fast. How close to being maxed out are they.

Will they lose confidence. being a QB is a tough mother ****ing job.

I always laugh about pitchers in baseball that don't do **** for 3 years, get BEAT UP and then come back and become dominate for a long period.

Gut tells me there's QBs like that too. But never get a chance. Ya know
    It kills me right now what the Jets are doing to Geno. They put him in just about the worst situation possible in today's NFL talent-wise with a head coach who thinks offenses exist only to help the defense give up less yards and fewer points.

vCash
    Not sure if this thread is just norm being norm, or if norm has Alzheimer's and has forgotten all of the Scott Mitchell's and more recent qbs who were half a season superstars.

I'd give a pack of gum and the lint from my girlfriends belly button. She has an iin-ee. Other posters who suggest he's worth two,ones.....well that doesn't surprise me, lulz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    Not sure if this thread is just norm being norm, or if norm has Alzheimer's and has forgotten all of the Scott Mitchell's and more recent qbs who were half a season superstars.

I'd give a pack of gum and the lint from my girlfriends belly button. She has an iin-ee. Other posters who suggest he's worth two,ones.....well that doesn't surprise me, lulz
    Alex Smith just got traded for an extremely high 2nd rounder and another 2nd rounder. It would be absurd to suggest someone wouldn't give up a 1st rounder for Foles right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    It kills me right now what the Jets are doing to Geno. They put him in just about the worst situation possible in today's NFL talent-wise with a head coach who thinks offenses exist only to help the defense give up less yards and fewer points.
    They had to start him. It was the right decision. It looks bad now though but going with Mark or Simms?

vCash
    1st round pick because that's what he'd be if put in the draft.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast