Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Automatic Eddie out indefinitely

Gulutzen said Edler is out indefinitely with a knee injury. Horrible season continues for him. Thank god we didn't trade him though!
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Okay, I'll bite. Why are we thankful we didn't trade Edler? He can't be relied upon in any situation. I'm happier with him out of the lineup than I am with him in it...I know, I know...he has a lot of talent. But if there ever was a player on our roster that needed a change, it's him. Perhaps Torts will calm him down and get him to be less panicky and improve his focus, but if there was a chance we could find a third-liner with size, speed, and attitude, trade him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandgreen View Post
    Okay, I'll bite. Why are we thankful we didn't trade Edler? He can't be relied upon in any situation. I'm happier with him out of the lineup than I am with him in it...I know, I know...he has a lot of talent. But if there ever was a player on our roster that needed a change, it's him. Perhaps Torts will calm him down and get him to be less panicky and improve his focus, but if there was a chance we could find a third-liner with size, speed, and attitude, trade him.
    Sarcasm. If you read through some of my posts, I've been a big trade Edler advocate.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I don't mind Edler but I really think we should have dealt him over the summer. He does a lot of things right and many teams would be interested. It would've been nice to deal him for a pick and a player over the summer when especially when the 2013 had so much talent.

vCash
    I feel like Charile Brown, saying to Violet: "Don't you know a sarcasm when you hear one?" Yeah, I see that. I guess I had been talking to people recently who had been defending Alex "I bet I can find more ways to give away the puck because I'm scared" Edler.

vCash
    Leaf fan here coming in peace.

I see Edler might be available since you guys have a solid blue line. Would you guys still be willing to trade him if an offer of Lupul came from us?

Lupul is solid and tough to deal but our defense is just atrocious right now and because we're close to the cap we have to send money out if we bring money in. And to get the kind of impact a player like Edler would have costs a lot of cap money.

Interested? I think they have fairly similar contracts if i remember correct and Lupul is a very good scorer when he's on the ice.