Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lightbulb Warriors Trade Idea & Roster Discussion Thread

*Roster Discussion+Trade Ideas Thread*
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    i think roster discussion happens in pretty much every thread. so well just make this a trade ideas thread..especially since OP did not start with any kind of prompt. nor do i know if it was even for this forum.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    created the same thread in rockets forum...does anybody think we should have a trade ideas thread? if not im going to close this

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    We need to address the bench scoring. I think we should make a push to acquire Jameer Nelson. He's in his 30's now and I'm sure he would enjoy playing on a winning team instead of a rebuild. I tried to work it on the trade machine but I'm not sure who or what we can give Orlando. We need someone other than Barnes to provide a scoring punch. Possibly a three team trade? Or if I recall correctly we may still have a trade exemption from unloading Beans and Jefferson. Thoughts?

vCash
    Yes a trade thread can be useful. And it's not crazy to think that there could be some changes. I wanna see this team play in December so I reserve judgement on what players should be moved.

she says go for the championship

vCash
    Who should not be moved until after this year at the earliest...

Draymond Green, Barnes, our starting 5 and Jermaine O'neal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Who should not be moved until after this year at the earliest...

Draymond Green, Barnes, our starting 5 and Jermaine O'neal.
    I agree. Those are key rotation guys for us. Everyone else is expendable. I would hate to see Ezeli go simply because he played so much better towards the end of the season last year. I would like to see him develop more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninhmeister View Post
    I agree. Those are key rotation guys for us. Everyone else is expendable. I would hate to see Ezeli go simply because he played so much better towards the end of the season last year. I would like to see him develop more.
    wouldnt it depend who we are getting in exchange? I mean- we arent looking to trade players just to move them off the team. (that was larry riley trades)... bob myers usually makes trades to address needs. he doesnt try to spin that addition by subtraction crap
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    wouldnt it depend who we are getting in exchange? I mean- we arent looking to trade players just to move them off the team. (that was larry riley trades)... bob myers usually makes trades to address needs. he doesnt try to spin that addition by subtraction crap
    Never thought I'd say it but yeah I agree with you. I didn't meant to make it sound like everyone was untouchable. Of course I'd like to keep much of rotation together as possible just to keep consistency, but if the right deal came along then of course I would consider moving pieces. Although now we're getting into too much what if.

Back to the main point, bench scoring is still a major concern for us. I would like for us to pick up a quality back up point guard that can create for himself and others with a scoring touch. Toney Douglas is just too one dimensional for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Yes a trade thread can be useful. And it's not crazy to think that there could be some changes. I wanna see this team play in December so I reserve judgement on what players should be moved.
    We would have to wait until the new year any ways to make any trades involving Douglas, Speights, or O'Neal due to league rules.

vCash
    COULD WE use our trade exceptions to acquire a disgruntled veteran such as kevin garnett and or paul pierce

"Next season Lee will solidify himself as a star in the playoffs, if not before. Book it." -lolPhillies 4/22/2013 3:26 PM

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by winwarriorslose View Post
    COULD WE use our trade exceptions to acquire a disgruntled veteran such as kevin garnett and or paul pierce
    Tell em wwl!
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by winwarriorslose View Post
    Unfortunately we would not be able to obtain either of those 2 players. We have a 4 million dollar trade exception and an 11 million dollar one. Garnett is making over 12 million this year and pierce is at around 15.

Personally id prefer a strong back up pg who could run an offense and have the experience to be a leader out there
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Lets see if Toney can come back healthy since we're already paying him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Unfortunately we would not be able to obtain either of those 2 players. We have a 4 million dollar trade exception and an 11 million dollar one. Garnett is making over 12 million this year and pierce is at around 15.

Personally id prefer a strong back up pg who could run an offense and have the experience to be a leader out there
    What speculative PG who fits your criteria is available for trade?

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast