Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

"If I'm healthy and the situation is right I'm going to be back playing." - D Rose

CHICAGO -- Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose said Thursday he won't close the door on returning for the playoffs if his surgically-repaired knee is "healthy and the situation is right."

"If I'm healthy and the situation is right I'm going to be back playing," Rose said Thursday during a press conference, his first public comments since tearing the meniscus in high right knee on Nov. 23. "If I'm healthy and my meniscus is fully healed of course I'll be out there playing, but if it's something totally different and the outcome is not how I would want it to be, there's no need."

The Bulls declared Rose out for the season after he underwent surgery on the meniscus on Nov. 25. General manager Gar Forman told ESPNChicago.com last week that Rose is "really out" for the season, despite the Bulls' potential for a postseason berth in the East.

Whenever Rose does return, he is confident he will still be an elite player. Asked how he would respond to those who question whether he can still be the franchise cornerstone after suffering his second season-ending knee injury in as many years, Rose said: "You can be a fool if you want to. Dead serious. I know I'm going to be alright. I believe that I'm a special player."

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...eturn-playoffs
    Last edited by kingbrentg; 12-05-2013 at 02:24 PM. Reason: hicago

vCash
    Here we go again. He should have just let it be and not said anything. Saying that is just going to make the media go nuts and drag this out again.

vCash
    Cool to see how far he has come when it comes to talking to media, attack the rehab and he should be fine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstrat25 View Post
    Here we go again. He should have just let it be and not said anything. Saying that is just going to make the media go nuts and drag this out again.
    I don't have an issue with what he said - and the media won't go nuts and drag it out again like last year. The Bulls already ruled him out for the season. Different scenarios.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3:27540534
    I don't have an issue with what he said - and the media won't go nuts and drag it out again like last year. The Bulls already ruled him out for the season. Different scenarios.
    yup, best thing they did was rule him out

vCash
    This makes me believe we sit on deng until like all star break, if rose seems to be coming along fine, we keep deng. If not bye bye lieutenant deng
    go bears go bulls go cubsray: go blackhawks(new fan) go spurs

ninja rap haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx7dt0Wscpc

vCash
    So Derrick says he will not rule out a playoff return, man please! Its not realistic to try and continue the season as if we're a title contender. Trade Deng now. Tank. Amnesty Boozer. Build a new future around a healthy (as much a poss.) Derrick, a high draft pick(s) from the upcoming LOADED draft, Noah, Jimmy Butler, and a new high end free agent. Start losing ASAP! -"Sorry 4 Jarbari."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grayski View Post
    So Derrick says he will not rule out a playoff return, man please! Its not realistic to try and continue the season as if we're a title contender. Trade Deng now. Tank. Amnesty Boozer. Build a new future around a healthy (as much a poss.) Derrick, a high draft pick(s) from the upcoming LOADED draft, Noah, Jimmy Butler, and a new high end free agent. Start losing ASAP! -"Sorry 4 Jarbari."
    Bingo. Though I suspect these quotes give the FO their reason to keep the core relatively intact while keeping Rose as the lead dog and build around him.

Pisses me off to be quite honest.

vCash
    He obviously wants to come back so bad. I think in his mind he's going to come back this season unless he definitely can't.

vCash
    Yupppp, right back from where we started from. He's just feeding the media and his haters with more fuel to the fire.

vCash
    What does Reggie say?

vCash
    Would rather him just sit out season. I want a top 5 pick in this draft no matter what. If we get Exum,Randle,Wiggins,Parker or Smart we are going to have a legit 1A to 1B situation with Rose i believe. Exum is going to be a special player i believe and can switch to the two guard.

vCash
    Honestly, I think DRose is speaking authentically without any manipulative intent. If you watched the video, the dude didn't look like a guy prepared to tell a certain message, just to answer questions. And to me, his answers sounded pretty honest and unrehearsed.

Some of you make it seem like he's provoking haters, or trying to tactically control the FO's position with that 'I might play in the playoffs' thing. I highly doubt it. IMO the dude probably heard something like 'you'll be healthy in 2 to 4 months' from the doctors, and to him doing the math, he's probably hoping he'll have a chance toojust be ready enough to make an impact. I'm honestly hoping he can come back, but given the current situation with the team, they probably won't be good enough for him to even consider trying to give it a go, so it won't matter anyway lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Ral View Post
    Honestly, I think DRose is speaking authentically without any manipulative intent. If you watched the video, the dude didn't look like a guy prepared to tell a certain message, just to answer questions. And to me, his answers sounded pretty honest and unrehearsed.

Some of you make it seem like he's provoking haters, or trying to tactically control the FO's position with that 'I might play in the playoffs' thing. I highly doubt it. IMO the dude probably heard something like 'you'll be healthy in 2 to 4 months' from the doctors, and to him doing the math, he's probably hoping he'll have a chance toojust be ready enough to make an impact. I'm honestly hoping he can come back, but given the current situation with the team, they probably won't be good enough for him to even consider trying to give it a go, so it won't matter anyway lol
    This. Although truthfully the East is so bad that I don't think we could miss the playoffs even if we tried.

vCash
    Probably stupid position, but i'm still rooting that Jimmy can come back and somehow reinvigorate the team with his energy on defense and get noah and lu to step it up offensively. Hopefully that will maximize team's chances to get at least to second round with such a ****** conference. Who knows, Derrick can come back with the bulls in that position. Sorry just the homer in me talking hahaha

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast