Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Game 20: Golden State Warriors (11-8) @ Houston Rockets (13-7)

@

Friday, December 6th, 2013
    5:00PM Pacific Time

Toyota Center
    Houston, Texas
    The 713

PROJECTED LINEUPS

The Dubs

Houston Rockets

THE RUNDOWN

MUST WIN GAME

Warriors road record: 5-6
    Rockets home record: 8-3

Thread goal: 300 posts

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    im assuming parsons will play. but if not, francisco garcia will play. its better if parsons sits out.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    This is about as big a game we can play this early in the season. Warriors and Rockets won't be more than a handful of games apart when it's all said and done

vCash
    the tactic of sitting back and watching this team shoot 3s will not be a good one to imploy. (perhaps some film from last years game would be a good way to refresh their memory)
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    the tactic of sitting back and watching this team shoot 3s will not be a good one to imploy. (perhaps some film from last years game would be a good way to refresh their memory)
    Not sure how good our perimeter D will be with our best wing player out. Although Iggy did shootaround last game..he may be eyeing a return soon i hope.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    With Iggy playing I think we win 5 out of 7 times against this team

she says go for the championship

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SugeKnight View Post
    This is about as big a game we can play this early in the season. Warriors and Rockets won't be more than a handful of games apart when it's all said and done
    The Memphis game is huge also

she says go for the championship

vCash
    The key to win this game: Make the whole team watch the Raptors 4th quarter, and yeah, loop it for 4hrs. Anyone complain, his *** can run laps for the same extend of time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromehounds View Post
    The key to win this game: Make the whole team watch the Raptors 4th quarter, and yeah, loop it for 4hrs. Anyone complain, his *** can run laps for the same extend of time.
    unfortunately- the rockets are a team that has an interest in winning basketball games. the raptors on the other hand- are under .500 in the east. (basically trying to lose games)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    unfortunately- the rockets are a team that has an interest in winning basketball games. the raptors on the other hand- are under .500 in the east. (basically trying to lose games)
    I don't think the Raptors were out to lose that game, the W's took control at the end of the 3rd and the whole 4th. If the W's play with such tenacity I don't see how they can lose the game...vs. anyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromehounds View Post
    I don't think the Raptors were out to lose that game, the W's took control at the end of the 3rd and the whole 4th. If the W's play with such tenacity I don't see how they can lose the game...vs. anyone.
    well nobody is out to lose, but the rockets will want to win this game against us (given we are likely to be fighting for a playoff spot down the stretch).

The raptors were 1-3 against the west and hadnt beaten a western team on the road. obviously they would try to win- but if they lost that game it would be expected. they would deal with it better than houston

vCash
    Without Dre and the other guys still out, I'm sorry, I don't think the odds are in our favour.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    Without Dre and the other guys still out, I'm sorry, I don't think the odds are in our favour.
    I thought we were a no excuse basketball team

vCash
    Just cuz the raptors are under 500 it means they don't want to win? You can't be serious.... Every team plays to win. The object of basketball is to win.

I mean I guess the next thing is if a team finishes below 500 at 40-42, they didn't want to win or didn't care about making the playoffs.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    Just cuz the raptors are under 500 it means they don't want to win? You can't be serious.... Every team plays to win. The object of basketball is to win.

I mean I guess the next thing is if a team finishes below 500 at 40-42, they didn't want to win or didn't care about making the playoffs.
    Im sure if they had the choice theyd prefer to win, but different teams value winning differently.

For instance- chris cohan did not prioritize winning games all that much and it showed by being out of the playoffs for 15 of 17 yrs. It showed when he let guys like robert rowell make huge roster decisions, it showed when he was satisfied with larry riley calling it an offseason after signing mikki moore and devean george.

Organizations that care about winning go out and sign howard away from the lakers (A team that has never lost a max player in history). Teams that care about winning find a way to bring in a superstar in james harden before he hits his prime.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast