Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Trent Richardson finally admits why he's failing

Now demoted to the Colts' second-string tailback, Trent Richardson admits he never got comfortable in Indy's running scheme and never fully grasped the offense.
    T-Rich's tackle-breaking ability and open-field burst are still there, but he has been running without confidence and seemingly without instincts ever since arriving in Indianapolis. "He came to me, he wasn't pouting or anything," Reggie Wayne explained. "This was the next day after he found out he was demoted and he said, 'Now I can sit back and actually watch the way it's supposed to be done.' He kind of feels that he was maybe forced into it early without actually learning it." Wayne's advice to Richardson was "Do better. Practice harder. Study longer."
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...ent-richardson
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    If Reggie is telling him to work and study harder I wonder if this is indicative of a culture problem with the team. If Richardson hasn't picked up the offense after 10 weeks and the OL hasn't improved all season (at some point teaching/coaching is the culprit as much as talent) then either players aren't putting in enough work or the coaches aren't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dsolms View Post
    If Reggie is telling him to work and study harder I wonder if this is indicative of a culture problem with the team. If Richardson hasn't picked up the offense after 10 weeks and the OL hasn't improved all season (at some point teaching/coaching is the culprit as much as talent) then either players aren't putting in enough work or the coaches aren't.
    Well said!
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Brother, don't you think The thread title is just a tad misleading? I've seen that same quote from Reggie elsewhere, and it's got nothing to do with Richardson "finally admitting he's failing" it was a conversation about why Richardson didn't feel comfortable in the offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dsolms View Post
    I agree to a point. but I'm not sure i even agree with Reggie that the answer is "work and study harder"

Frankly I see this more of an indictment of Hamilton than anything else.

Let's face it, the entire offense looks bad, including Luck at this point. Is the entire offense to blame? Nobody on offense is working hard enough, or studying enough? Or maybe they all suck?

Or in the alternative is it Pep Hamilton who sucks and is ruining it for everybody else? Is everybody on offense an idiot? Or is Pep Hamilton the idiot?

Just food for thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    Brother, don't you think The thread title is just a tad misleading? I've seen that same quote from Reggie elsewhere, and it's got nothing to do with Richardson "finally admitting he's failing" it was a conversation about why Richardson didn't feel comfortable in the offense.
    Pretty sure the quote is insinuating that Richardson knows he's not doing enough.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    I agree to a point. but I'm not sure i even agree with Reggie that the answer is "work and study harder"

Frankly I see this more of an indictment of Hamilton than anything else.

Let's face it, the entire offense looks bad, including Luck at this point. Is the entire offense to blame? Nobody on offense is working hard enough, or studying enough? Or maybe they all suck?

Or in the alternative is it Pep Hamilton who sucks and is ruining it for everybody else? Is everybody on offense an idiot? Or is Pep Hamilton the idiot?

Just food for thought.
    The problem is Grigson and Pagano because the line sucks. That's on them. Luck would be playing better if he had an Oline. Running game would be better if line was better. Hamilton is the victim of piss poor talent. He's the scapegoat because Grigson/Pagano probably don't want to admit that they didn't do good enough.

<3

vCash
    The problem is Grigson and Pagano because the line sucks. That's on them. Luck would be playing better if he had an Oline. Running game would be better if line was better. Hamilton is the victim of piss poor talent. He's the scapegoat because Grigson/Pagano probably don't want to admit that they didn't do good enough.
    Hamilton is not a victim. If this was the 2nd or 3rd game of the season maybe. But this far in he by now should have made adjustments with the personnel he has on the field. He has not done that at all and seems to be trying to stick with the same game plan pre Wayne being out for the season. It is his job to get the most out of what he has on offense. And to this point he has done a piss poor job of doing it. Only time the team looks to even have a pulse is when they are down in the second half and have no choice but to put it in Luck's hands. Grigson and Pagano have blame in this but Hamilton is a horrible OC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiercubsfan View Post
    Hamilton is not a victim. If this was the 2nd or 3rd game of the season maybe. But this far in he by now should have made adjustments with the personnel he has on the field. He has not done that at all and seems to be trying to stick with the same game plan pre Wayne being out for the season. It is his job to get the most out of what he has on offense. And to this point he has done a piss poor job of doing it. Only time the team looks to even have a pulse is when they are down in the second half and have no choice but to put it in Luck's hands. Grigson and Pagano have blame in this but Hamilton is a horrible OC.
    What can Hamilton do? Can't let Luck throw all game because the offensive line will get Andrew killed. Can't run the ball because the offensive line isn't good enough to run it. I'm just not sure what Hamilton can do with this roster.

<3

vCash
    What can Hamilton do? Can't let Luck throw all game because the offensive line will get Andrew killed. Can't run the ball because the offensive line isn't good enough to run it. I'm just not sure what Hamilton can do with this roster.
    He can become more creative. He can stop calling for 99% of the passes to be short to intermediate throws for one thing. When every d is playing close to the LOS that simply doesn't work, there's no room to throw or run after the catch. He needs to create plays that out people in space, and he's seems unable to,do that.

Hamilton rarely has Luck throwing deep, so teams have increasingly shortened the field on him which makes things incredibly difficult.

He can also stop making Hilton the focus. I remember the first game after Wayne went out, I think the first 5 throws were to Hilton. Well ****ing duh.....once teams figure out that's the only person you're going to throw to and take that away, where does that leave you.

How about attacking a teams weakness? We've played teams with secondaries susceptible to long plays down the field.....anybody see a game plan designed to attack that? We've seen teams who have lbs who are piss poor,in coverage. Anybody sen Hamilton have a plan to have Fleener the focus and abuse the lbs? No? Neither have I.

vCash
    He can become more creative. He can stop calling for 99% of the passes to be short to intermediate throws for one thing. When every d is playing close to the LOS that simply doesn't work, there's no room to throw or run after the catch. He needs to create plays that out people in space, and he's seems unable to,do that.

Hamilton rarely has Luck throwing deep, so teams have increasingly shortened the field on him which makes things incredibly difficult.

He can also stop making Hilton the focus. I remember the first game after Wayne went out, I think the first 5 throws were to Hilton. Well ****ing duh.....once teams figure out that's the only person you're going to throw to and take that away, where does that leave you.

How about attacking a teams weakness? We've played teams with secondaries susceptible to long plays down the field.....anybody see a game plan designed to attack that? We've seen teams who have lbs who are piss poor,in coverage. Anybody sen Hamilton have a plan to have Fleener the focus and abuse the lbs? No? Neither have I.
    We don't always agree but I'm with you on this one...just to add to that how about a play action out of a power run formation....or maybe run one of those draws that seemed to always work for DB31 out of the shotgun....maybe a screen after we see some pressure then sneak the HB in that area just to keep the DL honest. Give Luck a naked bootleg....try some slide protection with Luck moving out of the pocket....run some no huddle to get the D in base packages. There are millions of things Pep could be attempting in an effort to put this team in a better position during games, but he just keeps trying to impose his will until he is forced to go away from it because we are down by multiple scores.

I also thought I would point out the Darick flag where a play was ran for him last week....well he drew a flag and looked to be beating his man....then he was never heard from again. Why not go back to that one?

Pep just reminds me of a little kid playing with one of those toys with the different shapes and the holes to put them in. He just keeps putting the big square in the star hole and hammering away and can't figure out why it won't go in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    Give Luck a naked bootleg....try some slide protection with Luck moving out of the pocket...run some no huddle to get the D in base packages. There are millions of things Pep could be attempting in an effort to put this team in a better position during games, but he just keeps trying to impose his will until he is forced to go away from it because we are down by multiple scores.

I also thought I would point out the Darick flag where a play was ran for him last week....well he drew a flag and looked to be beating his man....then he was never heard from again. Why not go back to that one?
    I scream this at the TV every week.

vCash
    Thoughts on firing Hamilton and hiring Kubiak as OC?

<3

vCash
    ^None because I don't see the need to. We have to improve our players first before we should start looking for new coordinators.

Anyways, sounds like a poor work ethic on Richardson's part.

#iubb

vCash
    Thoughts on firing Hamilton and hiring Kubiak as OC?
    Won't happen this season. Think they are stuck with Hamilton. They can't fire him mid season when the team is in line to win the division (even if it is in-spite of him). Though if things don't get any better. And to this point there is no track record of it doing so. I think he very well may be shown the door at seasons end. Think Kubiak would be an excellent choice to replace him. And be able to face the Texans twice a year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast