Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

December Game Thread

What an awful game against the Hawks earlier tonight. I recorded it but couldn't avoid finding out the score at the half. I stopped watching after I found we lost by 10. I'll always watch us lose but not recorded. I hate watching the games recorded anyway. It's not the same. I'm sure most would agree with me on that. You can notice the difference without Reddick. The offense isn't close to the same. The team had some of the worst shooting of the season in the 1st quarter. It seemed like they were stuck on 13 for a long time. We saw the best and worst of Blake Griffin early on. He DOMINATED the 1st 4-5 possessions. He had some of the best post moves I've seen him make. Then he just stopped doing it. There was one play where Collison gave him the ball 4 feet from the hoop and Griffin gave it right back to him. I hate when does that kind of stuff.

vCash
    Tonight's win over the Spurs has to be the win of the season! The team played amazing tonight. Everyone was involved and other than the customary slow start it was a dominant performance. The Spurs were in it until Parker went down. I don't think a healthy Parker would have made a difference. The Clippers could have beaten anyone in the league tonight. The best part of the win for me was the defense. Everyone had a great game defensively tonight. The whole team was hustling and playing together. This was the most energy the team has shown this season. DJ was really on. The stat sheet did not tell the story for DJ tonight. His stat line doesn't look great with 5 turnovers but he really impacted the game for the positive on the defensive end.

As great as the D looked tonight the performance by Blake Griffin could be an even bigger positive. I can't remember him being more aggressive than tonight. He went a stellar 11-15 from the line. He got there by showing a wide array of moves to get to the rim and score in the post. To add to it a lot of it was against Tim Duncan. He showed no fear and went right at him all night long. Blake definitely got the better of Duncan tonight. There was a play in the 3rd quarter where Blake grabbed a rebound went coast to coast for a layup and then busted his *** back on D and ended up taking a charge. It was probably the best sequence of his career. He made 3 or 4 plays in 15 seconds that a lot of people say he never makes. Hopefully this was a sign of things to come because this is the Blake we need!

More and more positives. Dudley looked great. He is shooting the ball better and looked much quicker tongiht. Hopefully he is getting healthier and will start being consistent contributor. Don McLean has been raving about Doc Rivers moving Jamal Crawford into the starting the lineup and how it has also helped the bench. I agree with him. The bench looks invigorated without Crawford. They have been standing around watching him most of the season. The bench reminded of the way they played last season with Bledsoe tonight. Just hustling and causing chaos on defense. Turning defense to offense. Collison and Green had nice games off the bench. Collison looked more like himself playing next to Green. Hopefully we see more of this from the bench. Barnes is just around the corner, that can't hurt!

Doc's coaching may be starting to show up. I know it's one game, but the defense has been steadily improving. The defense led to the big win tonight. Doc called a timeout in the 2nd quarter tonight that led to the 19-0 run. I wouldn't be surprised if we're looking back at that timeout as a bit of a turning point 50 games from now. His recent Crawford lineup change has seemed to jump start the offense and defense and the starters and bench. The track record of this team suggest they will fall flat on their face no matter they face next. I don't think that will be the case. I can see the team putting together a little winning streak here!

vCash
    Pretty dominant win over New Orleans! The Pelicans are pretty tough. I felt weird typing that. The team is finally playing like I expected they would all season! I was really starting to get worried after that Brooklyn loss but I feel good about the team now. They had gone too long without having a great game. Now they've had 3 in row! Defense, coaching, aggressive play from Blake and Dudley showing a pulse have been the keys. I hope it continues and I'm confident the team will go on a nice little run here!

vCash
    Dam really a close game against the Warriors but we will see if the game on January 30 will be any better

vCash
    This W's game made me feel like someone stole my xmas gifts. Feeling dirty, like we got robbed. Still upset about those Griffin T's.
    TWINSIES!!

vCash
    Almost had rip city paul would of made that jumper and then boom it would have been done. I here them talking about how we need another big guy for the backup of DJ i couldnt agree more especially after that rip city game. I wonder who will be on the trading block.

vCash
    Yea I agree. I think the team will find another big. Bynum is the #1 name on the radar now. What a stoke of luck it would be to pick him up for the minimum.

Even tho the team lost the last 2 games I think they looked good in doing it. They lost 2 tough games on the road against playoff teams. The defense looks very improved. I like what I'm seeing!

vCash
    yup but now after that thing of him sleeping with his coaches wife I dont want to have that type of player on the team. He should be smarter then that, these guys get women thrown at them all the time and he went for someone that was taken sounds like he is immature so nevermind on him but still would like to see what other big men name arise as we get closer to the trade deadline.

vCash
    no CP3 no chance at a championship

vCash
    Cracka, hated to hear that about CP3. Hope he has a speedy recovery.
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

MEMPHIS, WHERE 8 BECOMES 7 BECOMES 9 AND TIME IS RUNNING OUT !!!