Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Matt Kemp possible trade discuss between LAD/Bos,Sea,Tex

http://www.overthemonster.com/2013/1...ers-outfielder

The Red Sox are one of the teams still in contact with the Los Angeles Dodgers regarding a possible trade for outfielder Matt Kemp according to Jon Morosi:

It's certainly been a trade-happy offseason so far. Fielder - Kinsler, Doug Fister, and a fair few smaller moves, a few of them coming today, have shaken up the league quite a bit even as the biggest free agents remain on the shelf. A deal for Matt Kemp would clearly join the headliners, the question is whether or not it would make any sense for the team dealing with the Dodgers.

We've been over this idea before. But we've got some added context today, with the Red Sox' price range for Jacoby Ellsbury being pegged at $100 million. Obviously the two are not the same player, but it's an indication of where the Red Sox might be willing to go overall on large-ticket players.

At the moment, Kemp is signed for 6 years and $128 million. That's not terribly tempting, even at his young age. But it's not far from that Ellsbury amount. Which is to say the Dodgers wouldn't have to eat much of that contract to get it "in range". And while Kemp's injuries are more recent than Ellsbury's, he's also a full year younger.

Of course, Kemp would also require more than just money. And if the Dodgers are looking to get as much in terms of prospects as they gave the Red Sox when they took on so many contracts, well, there's probably no way to make it worth the risk Kemp would represent to Boston.

But in an offseason with increasingly little promise, Kemp certainly represents a unique opportunity to actually improve on the 2013 squad.

vCash

Cafardo: Matt Kemp is in play for Red Sox,willing to eat some of his $$$

@nickcafardo: Matt Kemp is in play for the Red Sox and the Dodgers would eat some money in the right deal. Just a question of whether the Red Sox want to

vCash
    Red Sox/Dodgers the best of friends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    Red Sox/Dodgers the best of friends.
    Better choice of friend than the Mets...That Red Sox/Mets connection was yuck.

I would like to see this happen just to see it happen.

vCash
    Id be ok with it I guess

vCash
    Boston needs to get this done!

Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

vCash
    Getting Webster back would be cool.

Would free up a spot for Pederson, too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgerB24 View Post
    Getting Webster back would be cool.

Would free up a spot for Pederson, too.
    Id rather Peterson Honestly

vCash
    Even if L.A helped out with the contract, is sure is an ugly one for a guy who hasn't done much for a few seasons. Why not just keep Ellsbury around given the cost?

10. 12-05-2013, 12:27 AM
    Reason
    Insults

vCash
    Kemp is not going anywhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Storm View Post
    Kemp is not going anywhere.
    I think you meant to say "isn't" but what would I know, I'm retarded.

vCash
    Deep down Kemp wants to be a Mariner more than a Red Sox... Ahhh who am I kidding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    I think you meant to say "isn't" but what would I know, I'm retarded.
    Ooph

vCash
    **** that, I don't care what Boston offers, don't trade him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Even if L.A helped out with the contract, is sure is an ugly one for a guy who hasn't done much for a few seasons. Why not just keep Ellsbury around given the cost?
    When Kemp is healthy ellsbury isn't 1/10th the player he is. Ellsbury got a reputation from his career year with 32 homers, he isn't that player. The Red Sox gave pedroia 15 per year and ellsbury isn't even worth that.

And I'm not saying that just because he went to the Yankees. He's going to hit close to .300, but his OBP isn't that great, and he doesn't have a lot of power. Yankee stadium might help out with that and if it does he may be worth the contract, but that depends if he stays healthy and avoids a sharp decline.

Kemp is a year younger, would be signed for one less year, a better player by far, and if the dodgers eat some of the contract then he'll be cheaper as well. Worth the risk

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast