Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Would you sign Omar Infante - 4 Years/$30 million

It sounds like AA's priority is to acquire Rotation help via trade. In light of the addition of Navarro through free agency, and the way the market is shaping up, I think some team will offer Infante around $30 million over 4 years.

My question is, would you bring him in at that price/term? I would. Guy has playoff experience, can play multiple positions, and if offered $7.5 million per season he isn't overly expensive.

If guys like Lind and Cabrera can carry similar contract values, I think Infante - at a major position of need - would be a fairly good addition. He rarely strikes out, has a solid contact rate attributing to his high batting average, and plays fairly solid defense.

Provided the $$$ doesn't limit our options in the SP markets, would you sign Infante?

vCash
    How far off would I be in saying somebody will go 3/27 or 3/30 for him?

vCash
    yeah he'll get close to that money over 3 years.. good player but if it approaches 4/35-40 then no chance

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    I would, I think Infante is very under rated personally and he'd fill a big position of need as well.

But.... signing him won't pillage our farm, so Alex will look elsewhere first LOL And yes, kidding before anyone attacks.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    I would, I think Infante is very under rated personally and he'd fill a big position of need as well.

But.... signing him won't pillage our farm, so Alex will look elsewhere first LOL And yes, kidding before anyone attacks.
    You son of *****.

vCash

Omar Infante - 4 Years/$30 million. Would you?

But yes a 30 million 4 year deal if be all over. I would hope AA is on this hard cause right now who ever fails to sign Cano is going to be all over him.

vCash
    I saw this and thought we signed him then saw would you

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    I edited the thread cause I thought we signed him lol.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Well....YOLO....so go sign him.

vCash
    I hate whoever started this thread

vCash
    Yes but as others have pointed out, he will probably get around that much in a 3 year deal. I like our chances at getting him though, since he won't get more than 5 years

vCash
    I don't know why they aren't locking him up - he's such a hugeeee upgrade over someone like Izturis.

I'd love to have him here, I think he'd fit in perfectly. I guess pitching is their priority, and I can appreciate that (but we don't have one of those yet either)

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Jamiecballer! Take it easyyyyy man, The thread was started posing the question "Would You?" right in the title!.... Read first, freak out second.

Thank you for re-titling the threat Twitchy.. who knew people had such a hard time reading!
    Last edited by The_Jet11; 12-04-2013 at 08:09 PM.

vCash
    Also, I think Infante is waiting for the ball to drop on Cano so he can really cash in. I wouldn't be shocked if AA had a couple trades in the works that include a 2B, and he's feeling out the market to see if there is better value elsewhere.

I'd even do 4/36 Million for Infante, if it meant that he didn't end up with the Tigers, Yankees, or Orioles.

If Seattle is as serious about Cano as it sounds, then the Yanks will be all over Infante. Get him now!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jet11 View Post
    Jamiecballer! Take it easyyyyy man, The thread was started posing the question "Would You?" right in the title!.... Read first, freak out second.

Thank you for re-titling the threat Twitchy.. who knew people had such a hard time reading!
    LOL

i'm kidding it's all good. you check the forum every 30 seconds praying for something like a signing and your heart stops when you see a players name and contract terms. i'm sure i wasn't the only one!
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast