Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Robinson Cano to Mariners 10 Years $240 Million

Apparently the M's have made a very aggressive offer to Cano.

vCash
    They should sign Cano.

Then trade for Kemp. Because reasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgerB24 View Post
    They should sign Cano.

Then trade for Kemp. Because reasons.
    I agree you need to get Cano protection otherwise he won't see anything to hit.

vCash
    Feel like the Ms are the team the top free agent uses to get more money out of other teams.

Follow 4 Follow @Procis1on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    I agree you need to get Cano protection otherwise he won't see anything to hit.
    Probably false.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    If I'm Seattle; I give Cano $220 Mil/6 years(sure it's a little under $40 mil per, but the deal is short), then take all of Ethier's salary for crap prospects and sign Nate McLouth.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    ***** needs to stay with #Yanks!
    Be $wavy

vCash
    I think Cano would have much more marketing opportunities in NY as opposed to SEA. His agent raps about how there's more money to be made in NY than anywhere else. The Yankees have the best ballpark for LH hitters. While SEA's is good for lefties (death on righties) it's still a downgrade from Yankee Stadium. The Yankees have better hitters to surround him with than SEA too.

Maybe I'm just an optimistic homer but I still think Cano will be back with the Yankees. They'll cave and go to 8 years $200 million for him. Even if SEA offers more than that I wouldn't expect it to be significant enough to overlook all of the reasons I listed above as to why NY is a better place for Cano than SEA.
    Last edited by hugepatsfan; 12-04-2013 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I think Cano would have much more marketing opportunities in NY as opposed to SEA. His agent raps about how there's more money to be made in NY than anywhere else. The Yankees have the best ballpark for LH hitters while SEA probably has the worse. The Yankees have better hitters to surround him with than SEA.

Maybe I'm just an optimistic homer but I still think Cano will be back with the Yankees. They'll cave and go to 8 years $200 million for him. Even if SEA offers more than that I wouldn't expect it to be significant enough to overlook all of the reasons I listed above as to why NY is a better place for Cano than SEA.
    Safeco was designed for Ken Griffey Jr. who was left handed so i don't think it is.

vCash
    NOT BUSTER OLNEY ‏@TRIPPINGOLNEY 6m
    MARINERS GM JACK ZDURINCNFIUANOENCHZIK JUST TEXTED ME "YOLO." STAY TUNED

lol. But honestly I will believe he's back with the Yankees until he signs with another team. Mariners are probably being used to get the Yankees to bid higher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Safeco was designed for Ken Griffey Jr. who was left handed so i don't think it is.
    My bad. It's RH hitters that Safeco is horrible for. I got that confused in my head. So he's not going to a bad place for LH hitters but he's still leaving the best. With all the factors I listed I still think SEA would have to offer quite a pit more than the Yankees to make up the difference. I think the Yankees can be convinced to get up to 8 years $200 million if faced with the threat of him leaving and I don't see SEA beating that offer by enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    I think we're going to be surprised by who signs him. The Mariners are pretty left field themselves.

OTOH since he is an elite, homegrown Yankee I guess I lean towards him resigning there, but there are doubts.

vCash
    I don't think the Mariners are out of left field. They have been heavy on the big names the last few years with Hamilton and Prince. It does seem too quiet on Cano though, some other team has to be really interested

vCash
    Why would he want Seattle unless they are just way over bidding anyone else?

Long travel times, way out there, a relatively poorly ran organization. Other than a few nice pitchers, I just don't see why Cano would choose Seattle of all the places he could potentially play.

Unless their offer is like 250, and nobody else tops 160 million, then sure, Seattle here he comes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I think Cano would have much more marketing opportunities in NY as opposed to SEA. His agent raps about how there's more money to be made in NY than anywhere else. The Yankees have the best ballpark for LH hitters while SEA probably has the worse. The Yankees have better hitters to surround him with than SEA.

Wrong. Lefties do fine at Safeco, hence Raul hitting 29 homers, and Seager doing well.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast