Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Pacers @ Jazz

vCash

Pacers @ Jazz

Besides being excited to see how the Jazz do against one of the best teams in the league I am excited to watch the individual battle between Favors and Hibbert and hopefully we will get to see Hayward and George go at each other several times.

vCash
    go team!

vCash
    pacers are awesome. it'll be fun watching them.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    indiana's play is something i think we can aspire to. they can beat you in so many different ways and are staunch defensively. it was great watching us go into halftime with a lead and to hang in there til the very end. we fought well and played much better than our record would suggest.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    man I loved watching this game, and hated watching it at the same time. I thought Kanter played really well when he was playing the 4, as I personally think that is his natural position. (I mentioned this in another thread). At the same time, I have no idea why Corbin didn't bring Kanter back in until there was 4 minutes left in the game. Lets see, Harris or Kanter.....hm....tough decision....I'm starting to be convinced Corbin is the worse in the league at rotations. We played really well until the 4th quarter though, it's nice to have a good PG again.

vCash
    Perfect kind of game for us. Our young guys continued to show improvement. Showed we can go toe to toe against a contender for stretches. And we lost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post
    man I loved watching this game, and hated watching it at the same time. I thought Kanter played really well when he was playing the 4, as I personally think that is his natural position. (I mentioned this in another thread). At the same time, I have no idea why Corbin didn't bring Kanter back in until there was 4 minutes left in the game. Lets see, Harris or Kanter.....hm....tough decision....I'm starting to be convinced Corbin is the worse in the league at rotations. We played really well until the 4th quarter though, it's nice to have a good PG again.
    I had the same thought. Harris was not giving us much.

Kanter was great at the beginning of the season. He struggled for a stretch but looks like he is ready to bounce back. It seems he is the player in Corbin's dog house all the time. Coach doesn't appear to be patient with Kanter and wants to pull him out of the game. He deserves at least 30 minutes a game, even if it's off the pine. I'm sure it will be frustrating to see what Corbin does when Marvin comes back. Marvin has been a solid player for us (to a fault if we want a top draft pick) and deserves minutes also. I have 2 solutions.

1. Marvin replaces RJ in the starting lineup and steals some of his minutes.
    2. We trade Marvin to a contender for a future asset.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic11 View Post
    I had the same thought. Harris was not giving us much.

Kanter was great at the beginning of the season. He struggled for a stretch but looks like he is ready to bounce back. It seems he is the player in Corbin's dog house all the time. Coach doesn't appear to be patient with Kanter and wants to pull him out of the game. He deserves at least 30 minutes a game, even if it's off the pine. I'm sure it will be frustrating to see what Corbin does when Marvin comes back. Marvin has been a solid player for us (to a fault if we want a top draft pick) and deserves minutes also. I have 2 solutions.

1. Marvin replaces RJ in the starting lineup and steals some of his minutes.
    2. We trade Marvin to a contender for a future asset.
    I think Kanter should be getting the main PF minutes, and when he was in the PF spot in this game it showed how much damage he can do as a PF. His defense is good for defending the 4, not great, but pretty good. And his jump shot is needed to pull out the defender, something Favors flat out can't do. And Kanter is drastically stronger than most PF's. So he would be able to draw double teams to compete down low. When he does this he succeeds and the team plays well. When Marvin Williams is back I think Harris should take a seat and not come back up personally. He doesn't play better than everyone else, his +- is awful, and we really don't need his jumpshot if we use Kanter/Williams. Then have Favors on 5 with Gobert and Biedrens battling for minutes as the backup. We have the pieces they're just not in the right spot. (my opinion of course)

vCash
    Jefferson is shooting 39% from the field, 34% from 3 (ranks 30th amoung SF). He averages 1.9 assists compared to 1.8 turnovers. He ranks 28th among SF in steals. He ranks 30th in rebounds. His PER is at 9.1.

In summary, he stinks! He is the worst starting SF in the NBA. Typical Corbin.

vCash
    Burke is definately making everybody else better.

Warriors come out and Ta-ank.

vCash
    give me a break, harris vs kanter? we needed defensive stops, not offense, and harris was doing a commendable job. he had the one bad call against him, but hindsight is 20/20... ESP when all you're doing is sitting at home yelling and whining at the television.
    Last edited by chipurmunki; 12-07-2013 at 12:23 AM.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

-Portman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    give me a break, harris vs kanter? we need defensive stops, not offense, and harris was doing a commendable job. he had the one bad call against him, but hindsight is 20/20... ESP when all you're doing is sitting at home yelling whining at the television.
    Chip sure loves to stir up some controversy! The Pacers were going to win the game even if Kanter got in earlier. But there is no debate between Kanter and Harris. Harris is a borderline NBA talent and Kanter was having a nice game (20 & 10). I agree with Firefistus, it was obvious to everyone but Chip that Kanter should have come in earlier. I especially enjoyed the "give me a break" comment, as if we are all nuts who wanted Kanter to get some late game experience. What were we thinking?

The game was just about perfect. We were competitive against a great team, the young guns showed us something, and we lost.