Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Henrik Lundqvist Re-Signs With Rangers for 7 years 59.5 million

Per Darren Dreger.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 9m
    7 years, $8.5 per is believed to Lundqvist's extension agreement.
    I love the King but damn that's a lot of cap space, especially when he will be 32 in March.

vCash
    $8.5mil for a goalie...any goalie, is just too much. Toss in 7 years for a player turning 32 this year...geez.

vCash
    Very happy with Howard's deal. This was coming though with all of the recent re-signings and such. At the same time, Tuukka Rask who is 6 years younger or so just re-signed for 7M per. Then you look at a mid-tier starter like Corey Crawford who re-signed for 6Yx6M.

And you continue with the forwards like David Clarkson who signed a 7Y 5.3M per.

I don't know. Another lockout is bound.

vCash
    I don't really mind the length. Elite goalies tend to age well (Thomas, Brodeur, Hasek) but a 8.5 cap hit is way too high.

After Hours album out 4/29

When you're having fun... Timeflies

vCash

Come on really? 8.5 a year for 7 years for a 32 year old player? Totally worth it if your a divisional rival.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    With the cap going up it's not really bad, I have heard that the way revenues have been going up with the extra outdoor games, tv deals especially the Rogers one that the cap will likely be 90 million in 4 years. But my problem is the fact that we have a goalie who wants to stay here, and we're throwing money at him like we're trying to pry him away from someone else or competing on the free market. Sure if he went to UFA he could have gotten 8.5 but they should have been able to agree to a 7 mill a year deal. Hopefully this was the distraction that was keeping Lundqvist from being himself this year so far and he can get back to stealing the odd game for us. Outside of Brodeur maybe there hasn't been a more consistant goalie in the league since Hendrik arrived and hopefully he gets back to that. If not this could be another in a long line of Sather signings gone bad.
    Last edited by bsi; 12-04-2013 at 10:57 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

Come on really? 8.5 a year for 7 years for a 32 year old player? Totally worth it if your a divisional rival.
    I find this post to be very ironic.

vCash
    That is a looooot of money.

G H O S T B E A R

vCash
    He getting paid. Nice to see him stay in NY I don't think he was going to go nowhere.

vCash
    They have so many guys next season that they are gonna have to resign... The King hasn't played up to par much this season either not a win for the Rangers imo

TATAR SAUCE

vCash

Henrik Lundqvist Re-Signs With Rangers for 7 years 59.5 million

Too much. Glenn is the king of trades but an absolute disgrace when it comes to signing/re-signing players

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    With the cap going up it's not really bad, I have heard that the way revenues have been going up with the extra outdoor games, tv deals especially the Rogers one that the cap will likely be 90 million in 4 years. But my problem is the fact that we have a goalie who wants to stay here, and we're throwing money at him like we're trying to pry him away from someone else or competing on the free market. Sure if he went to UFA he could have gotten 8.5 but they should have been able to agree to a 7 mill a year deal. Hopefully this was the distraction that was keeping Lundqvist from being himself this year so far and he can get back to stealing the odd game for us. Outside of Brodeur maybe there hasn't been a more consistant goalie in the league since Hendrik arrived and hopefully he gets back to that. If not this could be another in a long line of Sather signings gone bad.
    This. I don't mind the length at all; your point in elite aging goalies is accurate.

My problem is value. Although every team has a couple of contracts that are huge, this just spells a Brad Richards buy-out this offseason.
    New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

vCash
    I'd rather overpay by a million or two than be on the goalie search.
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers&MetsFTW View Post
    I'd rather overpay by a million or two than be on the goalie search.
    This. With the cap rumored to be going up so much for next year, overpaying by like a million or two isn't even close to the end of the world. Lundqvist is their goalie and they don't want to risk him hitting the free agent market.
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

The funny thing is, Holmgren would probably offer more if he hit the market
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast