Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Gary Sanchez and Brett Gardner have now become expendable

McCann is here for 5 yrs.

Ellsbury is here for 7 yrs.

If we're going to make moves for SP. It starts with those two. [Gardner & Sanchez]
    shots fired?

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    Off-season thread says hi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Off-season thread says hi
    damn I keep forgetting that. LOLS. Mods move this thread.
    shots fired?

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    sanchez is a prosepect, he was always expendable. i dont think ellsbury effect gardner at all. garnder plays LF, ellsbury CF. you cna keep both
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    sanchez is a prosepect, he was always expendable. i dont think ellsbury effect gardner at all. garnder plays LF, ellsbury CF. you cna keep both
    I think the opposite. We don't need Ells and Gardner. They are similar players. If there is a market for Brett he should be traded. Sanchez is 3 years away. And McCann probably only has 3 years of catching left.

vCash
    Oakland has made Brett Anderson available, they're always looking for prospects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Oakland has made Brett Anderson available, they're always looking for prospects.
    So you think we should trade our best prospect for Anderson? I don't understand why all of a sudden there seems to be a group in here that has fallen in love with Anderson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    So you think we should trade our best prospect for Anderson? I don't understand why all of a sudden there seems to be a group in here that has fallen in love with Anderson.
    Don't you know? The grass is always greener on the other side... He's not a Yankee, he pitches in the best pitchers park in the AL and has decent numbers there... He's AWESOME...

and just another candidate to fail in the less then ideal pitchers park known as Yankee Stadium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    It's because if there's one guy you can count on for 200 innings, it's Anderson. Oh wait....
    鈴木一郎

<a href=http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43695&dateline=1394044691] target=_blank>http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/ima...ne=1394044691]</a>

BA: .355 HR: NONE! RBI: NONE! SB: 1 AGE: 40

vCash
    On the other hand, if the A's want Zoilo Almonte for Anderson, I'm in.
    鈴木一郎

<a href=http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43695&dateline=1394044691] target=_blank>http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/ima...ne=1394044691]</a>

vCash
    I can somewhat follow the reasoning for Gardner, but I don't feel Sanchez is made any more expendable. McCann could be manning 1B by the time Sanchez is ready to be an everyday catcher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Renz13 View Post
    I can somewhat follow the reasoning for Gardner, but I don't feel Sanchez is made any more expendable. McCann could be manning 1B by the time Sanchez is ready to be an everyday catcher.
    I agree on Sanchez. McCann would be a perfect mentor for Sanchez, assuming Sanchez can successfully navigate the upper levels of the minors (which we know is a big assumption). I think Gardner could be trade bait at this point. I would think he's worthy of a #3 starter type, but I'm not sure who that would be. The A's just acquired Craig Gentry so they won't be in the market for a CF. The Indians have Michael Bourne and the Nationals have Denard Span, who are basically more expensive versions of Gardner. The Tigers have a spare starter (Porcello) they could trade but pairing Gardner with A-Jax leaves them with a light hitting OF. The Giants really don't have a spare starter to trade.
    鈴木一郎

vCash
    Anderson is a young and fairly cheap LHP with a lot of potential. It doesn't hurt that he has been very successful in the past. He is the type of guy that you take a chance on. Plus nobody said Sanchez for Anderson. All they said is that they would like to see the Yankees get Anderson.

vCash
    IMO they were both expendable before the trade if the right deal came along.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Laying Low View Post
    I think the opposite. We don't need Ells and Gardner. They are similar players. If there is a market for Brett he should be traded. Sanchez is 3 years away. And McCann probably only has 3 years of catching left.
    I disagree with you on Gardner. Currently your starting OF is Gardner in Left, Ellsbury in Center, and Soriano in right with Ichiro and Wells on the bench. You trade Gardner you're stuck with an Ichiro/Wells platoon in one of the OF spots. I think those two are still useful pieces coming off the bench, but we saw last season exactly how well a Wells/Ichiro starting platoon worked out and it wasn't pretty. Gardner, on the other hand, is definitely a starting caliber outfielder in this league. He's a fantastic defender, a roughly league average hitter, and while he's not the thief I'd like him to be on the bases he's still a pretty good stolen base threat. Just because you add Ellsbury doesn't mean Gardner becomes null and void, and if you do trade him and determine the Wells/Ichiro platoon to be an unsatisfactory replacement than you need to sign (or trade for) another OF. I know, Beltran and Choo are still out there and they're pretty good and all, but that's even more money subtracted from being able to retain Cano (by the way, I'm not a fan of the Ellsbury sign at all, and this is a big reason why). Also remember how two years ago everyone was complaining about how the Yankees didn't manufacture runs? Well, this is how you "manufacture" runs... with players like Ellsbury and Gardner.

I do agree about Sanchez though. I think McCann is the unquestioned starter for the next two years, they split time at catcher in 2016 with McCann picking up at bats at DH and first on occasion, and then after the year Teix's contract is up and McCann can permanently move to first and Sanchez will be the fulltime catcher. Obviously this is all assuming Sanchez pans out, but the point is Sanchez is still very much a part of the Yankees' future plans.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast