Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Len a bust

vCash

Len a bust

with our 5th pick, we could've had trey burke, mclemore, steve adams.

adams a nice player for okc. dude couldve been a nice addition to this team off the bench, giving plumlee rest and a big 7 footer to protect the rim.

I know all you guys still like len but his situation is not getting better.

vCash
    Give him time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WES KOAST View Post
    with our 5th pick, we could've had trey burke, mclemore, steve adams.

adams a nice player for okc. dude couldve been a nice addition to this team off the bench, giving plumlee rest and a big 7 footer to protect the rim.

I know all you guys still like len but his situation is not getting better.
    There was 0 chance we were going to make a run at Burke. Everyone woulda called for McDonough's head had we drafted him.
    Adam's, while there was interest, he wasn't getting selected that high.

McLemore I did want to no argument there.

That being said, it's way too early. If his feet do ever get healthy, we got the most talented big in this draft.

vCash
    I think it might be a good idea to just shut him down until allstar break just to lower peoples expectations for every game. Let him get healthy, let him bulk up and, if his pain subsides sooner rather than later, treat it like an offseason so that he can come back better prepared. He can play after the break and treat that as his season.

I'm not calling anyone in this rookie class a bust yet so I'm not calling Len one. You can say that big guys with leg problems are hindered their whole (short) careers, but unless you're a doctor who has examined this particular case I don't want to hear it. There's a chance you could be right but that's not because you knew what you were talking about; your just guessing/assuming that's going to be the case.

vCash
    I hated the pick at the time, and I still hate it. Its to early to label him a Bust. But i'm with you WesKoast I dont think he will amount to anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post
    I think it might be a good idea to just shut him down until allstar break just to lower peoples expectations for every game. Let him get healthy, let him bulk up and, if his pain subsides sooner rather than later, treat it like an offseason so that he can come back better prepared. He can play after the break and treat that as his season.

I'm not calling anyone in this rookie class a bust yet so I'm not calling Len one. You can say that big guys with leg problems are hindered their whole (short) careers, but unless you're a doctor who has examined this particular case I don't want to hear it. There's a chance you could be right but that's not because you knew what you were talking about; your just guessing/assuming that's going to be the case.
    of course im not a doctor but ive been interested on len's progress. there now might be a little concern. he had to surgeries, a fracture on one. he's in pain. dude played like 10 minutes in 2 games and had to shut it down because of it. his feet/ankles carry a large 7 ft/250lb frame. when a guy who hasn't reached his 20 or 21st bday, already on some bad feet, chances are hes goin to have major foot problems

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    There was 0 chance we were going to make a run at Burke. Everyone woulda called for McDonough's head had we drafted him.
    Adam's, while there was interest, he wasn't getting selected that high.

McLemore I did want to no argument there.

That being said, it's way too early. If his feet do ever get healthy, we got the most talented big in this draft.
    well no way in hell would I have picked len or noel knowing they had major surgery. everything in life is perfect hindsight but it doesn't take a genius you never pick a player in the draft that came off surgery.

as soon as they picked len and I saw him with a walking boot, I said "oh ****"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan = Donkey View Post
    I hated the pick at the time, and I still hate it. Its to early to label him a Bust. But i'm with you WesKoast I dont think he will amount to anything.
    funny how teams passed on nerlens noel because of his injury and yet the suns picked a guy who had one.

rick smitts, mark eaton, yao ming perfect example, always had foot problems.

going back 5 years, how many draft picks did we end up keeping? markieff. jury still out on Goodwin and len.

vCash
    Suns center Alex Len’s professional career has more days of regular-season tenure than game-time minutes logged.

It is not what he envisioned when he underwent early May surgery to repair a partial stress fracture in his left ankle, and certainly not what the Suns expected when they picked Len fifth overall in June with the idea he would be ready for the season — even with a precautionary surgery on the other ankle.

Instead, Len played 21 minutes in the first two games of the season before being shut down because of ongoing soreness in his left ankle. He returned for a Nov. 19-20 back-to-back with Sacramento, logging only five minutes in each game. After the first half of the first one, Len pulled himself out because the discomfort had returned.

“I was just really sore,” Len said. “It hurt me to walk.

“We decided to shut it down to get it completely better. It’s just frustrating to be able to play a couple games and then it gets worse. We’ll let it heal completely and come back 100 percent.”

Len has missed the past seven games and Suns coach Jeff Hornacek said the staff is using vitamin treatments to address the matter. In the meantime, Len sees an upside in that he can do more of the weight training he needs to get stronger. He had 29 lifting sessions in November.

“I’m trying to keep my focus on things I have control of,” Len said. “You just want to play. I’m passionate about basketball. I want to be out there competing with the best players.”
    http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...nclick_check=1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WES KOAST View Post
    of course im not a doctor but ive been interested on len's progress. there now might be a little concern. he had to surgeries, a fracture on one. he's in pain. dude played like 10 minutes in 2 games and had to shut it down because of it. his feet/ankles carry a large 7 ft/250lb frame. when a guy who hasn't reached his 20 or 21st bday, already on some bad feet, chances are hes goin to have major foot problems
    I think it's too early to assume this is going to be a long term problem and announce him as a bust because of that. We're only just over a month into the season; his first season.

vCash
    Suns center Alex Len’s professional career has more days of regular-season tenure than game-time minutes logged.

It is not what he envisioned when he underwent early May surgery to repair a partial stress fracture in his left ankle, and certainly not what the Suns expected when they picked Len fifth overall in June with the idea he would be ready for the season — even with a precautionary surgery on the other ankle.

Instead, Len played 21 minutes in the first two games of the season before being shut down because of ongoing soreness in his left ankle. He returned for a Nov. 19-20 back-to-back with Sacramento, logging only five minutes in each game. After the first half of the first one, Len pulled himself out because the discomfort had returned.

“I was just really sore,” Len said. “It hurt me to walk.

“We decided to shut it down to get it completely better. It’s just frustrating to be able to play a couple games and then it gets worse. We’ll let it heal completely and come back 100 percent.”

Len has missed the past seven games and Suns coach Jeff Hornacek said the staff is using vitamin treatments to address the matter. In the meantime, Len sees an upside in that he can do more of the weight training he needs to get stronger. He had 29 lifting sessions in November.

“I’m trying to keep my focus on things I have control of,” Len said. “You just want to play. I’m passionate about basketball. I want to be out there competing with the best players.”

I read the same article. sorry about the bold markings but anyone who can read between the lines will know its not good news and im sure management is concerned.

when amare had soreness to his knee, they thought it was a minor cleanup. they went in and realized he needed microfracture surgery. then he needed his other knee operated on. dude never got his explosiveness after that.

maybe im jumping to conclusions with len but im making a judgment based on what I know.

vCash
    It's very early in the season, let alone Lens career. I'm just repeating myself at this point.

Injuries happen. complications happen after surgeries. I'm 100% sure our medical staff is keeping on top of it and I'm sure the front office is really more disappointed than concerned because they understand that the guy needs time. There's no need to rush things or jump to conclusions, therefore they are not.

vCash
    I'm thrilled with 95% of whats happening with the franchise at this point but the Len situation is a serious bummer.

Even ignoring the extremely serious health questions... he ALSO had serious questions in terms of his talent. The guy was not an impressive college player. The scouts that liked him liked him because of what they saw of him in Europe and gave various excuses for his middling college play.

I really hope to be proven wrong about Len but even healthy the player he reminded me most of was Timofey Mozgov... only without the hustle Mozgov shows. Taking into account his health questions... yikes. He is extremely raw, in college he had not really shown any NBA level skills and he cant even practice without pain so its going to be a while before can even try to grow as a player.

IMO the odds are heavily stacked against him being a useful NBA player. But hey... prove me wrong Alex (and Alex's ankles), I'm begging you here.

vCash
    When the Suns picked Len I was bummed as well, I remember yelling, "what about Noel?! or McLemore?!" but after I saw McDonough's genius in acquiring/trading for Plumlee (a virtual nobody), Bledsoe (who was just a back up PG), Green (a 7-year journeyman), and Goodwin (a teenager teams didn't even bother and got picked 29th!) I decided to give Len a chance but his injury is a lil bit worrying. One thing going for him though is he's working with the best medical team in the league who had worked "miracles" before.

vCash
    What he said ^^^^

Even if McDonough is wrong on Len, the other things he has done has gotten him a pass from me. Already 100 times better than what Blanks did.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast