Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should NY do?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blow it up!

48 73.85%
  • Stay the course: healthy Amare+ Chandler = Championship

4 6.15%
  • Keep the core, but trade for some role-players.

13 20.00%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

NY Knicks: Time to blow it up?

the Knicks are 3-13. They play .600 ball from here on out, they can make the playoffs, but they won't go far. Is it time to admit that Melo simply is not at the level of LBJ and Durant, and that Melo's support cast is not half as good as the supporting cast that other franchise players have (LBJ, Durant, CP3, Love, hell, even Anthony Davis).

Is it time for the Knicks to blow it up. Swallow the sadness that is the 2013/14 season, move Melo while he still has value, get some draft picks and clear cap space? Or do the Knicks just need a healthy Chandler/Stoudemire combo on the floor to become championship material? Or perhaps a trade with a team having a fire sale?

Thoughts?
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    The FO is too inept to make the right play, here. 'Melo will get his $130mil. Knicks will be void of draft picks.

vCash
    they're only 3.5 games out of 8th.

vCash
    I think they should give it 2 more months. If they are still near the bottom of the east, have a fire sale, but try to keep Melo.

I don't know if they have a 1st rounder this upcoming draft, but if they do, maybe they can get a top 3 pick... If they don't, they're ****ed.

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    I think they should give it 2 more months. If they are still near the bottom of the east, have a fire sale, but try to keep Melo.

I don't know if they have a 1st rounder this upcoming draft, but if they do, maybe they can get a top 3 pick... If they don't, they're ****ed.
    Nope, traded to Denver.

vCash
    Melo's gone.

Nobody wants anyone else.

Wat to do?

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    The FO is too inept to make the right play, here. 'Melo will get his $130mil. Knicks will be void of draft picks.
    yup this. they are doing the macarena in quicksand.

vCash
    We've only got $12m guaranteed for 2015. Try and trade the expiring contracts of Amar'e, Tyson and Bargnani next year and if you can't get anything for them, let them expire and use all that cap space to make a run at Kevin Love and build a team around him.

This is all in hope that Melo isn't re-signed to a max extension which he probably will be.

vCash
    Or we could go the other route.

Re-sign Melo to his max extension, trade Shumpert, Felton and Amar'e for Rondo, Wallace and Lee and make a run with that team.

PG: Rajon Rondo/Pablo Prigioni
    SG: Courtney Lee/J.R. Smith/Tim Hardaway Jr.
    SF: Carmelo Anthony/Gerald Wallace
    PF: Andrea Bargnani/Metta World Peace
    C: Tyson Chandler/Kenyon Martin

Defensively that team is very solid and with a true PG running the show, Melo would hopefully become a more efficient scorer. That team is certainly an upgrade over what we have at the moment.

vCash
    Nobody was ever (realistically) claiming that Melo was on the level of LBJ and KD, while all Knicks fans have been saying for as long as I can remember that our individual players aren't as talented as the help that LBJ and KD have.

So if you think about it that way, the two best players also have some of the best teammates in the league helping them win. Hard to leapfrog that.

Anyway, to the topic, I think the Knicks need a coaching change, which is doable. Then they should build around Melo and Chandler, which isn't nearly as doable seeing as they don't have much in the way of talent to ship off (see above). So the best option might be to trade Melo if they can get some sort of haul akin to what we gave up for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FraziersKnicks View Post
    Or we could go the other route.

Re-sign Melo to his max extension, trade Shumpert, Felton and Amar'e for Rondo, Wallace and Lee and make a run with that team.

PG: Rajon Rondo/Pablo Prigioni
    SG: Courtney Lee/J.R. Smith/Tim Hardaway Jr.
    SF: Carmelo Anthony/Gerald Wallace
    PF: Andrea Bargnani/Metta World Peace
    C: Tyson Chandler/Kenyon Martin

Defensively that team is very solid and with a true PG running the show, Melo would hopefully become a more efficient scorer. That team is certainly an upgrade over what we have at the moment.
    This is my dream scenario but I just don't see Shumpert/Felton/Amare being enough to net Rondo. That team would actually be a somewhat legit playoff contender. Other than that, it seems like this team is really going to shhiitt the bed for several years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by colinskik View Post
    This is my dream scenario but I just don't see Shumpert/Felton/Amare being enough to net Rondo. That team would actually be a somewhat legit playoff contender. Other than that, it seems like this team is really going to shhiitt the bed for several years.
    Danny Ainge already stated that he won't trade Rondo for pieces

vCash
    Well being that the East is terrible and the 3rd seed is at .500, I wouldn't blow it up just yet.

J_M_B is offline Good Enough Ain't Enough
    vCash
    Too early.

They're without their second best player and the east is too weak at the moment for them to blow it all up.

Though I do believe the best route is for them to start from scratch.

vCash
    blow it up means melo included. I like melo but to me he's like howard, wins you games but cant win u a championship.

they put too much value on shumpert, he's an average player. chandler hurt but who else u got? amare, barnani are trash. u lost novac your outside shooter. felton a solid backup, martin, artest too old. jr smith (who the hell knows what goin on with that boy) and u lost your Chinese constituents when they didn't match lin.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast