Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Seattle's 12th Man - Illegal?

So Seattle is probably the 1 seed in the NFC and everyone knows they have the biggest home field in the NFL, but can't a smart coach easily take that away?

By rule, the NFL is not supposed to allow crowds to dictate games the way they do:

"When, in the judgment of the Referee, the level of crowd noise prevents the offense from hearing its signals, he can institute a series of procedures which can result in a loss of team time outs or a five-yard penalty against the defensive team."

Wouldn't a smart coach be sure to make this a talking point all week leading up to playing Seattle? It would get the media talking about things that would not distract for team from the gameplay and be a great way to potentially get the rule enforced, and if it just makes the crowd louder? The Seahawks just get penalized more. That's certainly what Phil Jackson would do.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    So Seattle is probably the 1 seed in the NFC and everyone knows they have the biggest home field in the NFL, but can't a smart coach easily take that away?

By rule, the NFL is not supposed to allow crowds to dictate games the way they do:

"When, in the judgment of the Referee, the level of crowd noise prevents the offense from hearing its signals, he can institute a series of procedures which can result in a loss of team time outs or a five-yard penalty against the defensive team."

Wouldn't a smart coach be sure to make this a talking point all week leading up to playing Seattle? It would get the media talking about things that would not distract for team from the gameplay and be a great way to potentially get the rule enforced, and if it just makes the crowd louder? The Seahawks just get penalized more. That's certainly what Phil Jackson would do.
    This was being talked about on my way in to work today, maybe ESPN radio, not sure. Silly, but if a coach threw a big enough fit, there might be a case. Rules certainly back it up.

To be clear Seattle fans, before anyone jumps the gun, I think the thought of this is ludicrous.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    That would really, really suck... If this is a legitimate rule in the rule book, it should be taken out. That's just degrading to the sport and why we're all fans.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Baller1 View Post
    That would really, really suck... If this is a legitimate rule in the rule book, it should be taken out. That's just degrading to the sport and why we're all fans.
    We ran in to it at districts this year for HS football. I know, different level of course, but throughout the year we could use cow bells, air horns, etc., once we advanced, no noise makers. Oh yeah, you couldn't stomp on the bleachers either.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    i know i say thats the dumbest rule in the NFL a lot, but this actually is. and the pansy coach that actually tried to enact this rule would be crucified
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash

Seattle's 12th Man - Illegal?

I mean according to the rules it is but nobody will call this. I love how loud their stadium is.

vCash
    I remember hearing about this rule years ago.

What a dick move if someone uses it to their advantage... But man I'm a sucker for controversy.

Kinda wanna see what happens if they do

vCash
    He didn't make a big stink about it but i remember Harbaugh mentioning something about the crowd noise.

Just about that action boss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PartyPoison15 View Post
    I remember hearing about this rule years ago.

What a dick move if someone uses it to their advantage... But man I'm a sucker for controversy.

Kinda wanna see what happens if they do
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't agree.

vCash
    There was a time for a season or 2 a decade or 2 back they actually inforced this rule.it turned into a mess though as the fans would most times make even more noise. I remember seeing teams trying to quiet their own fans. I figured they changed the rule because the issue was dropped. Guess not. If I was a coach going into Seattle for a playoff game I might try and play it up. Its worth a shot.

Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    Any team that tries to enforce this rule while they are visiting somewhere will make the crowd that much louder.

vCash
    Where is Jim Harbaugh to make a big enough stink for the NFL to listen to....
    He felt that one

Bye Bye Haters

KNICKS SEAHAWKS RANGERS MARINERS

vCash
    Yeah I saw this elsewhere on Twitter a few weeks ago. Kind of funny it's in the rules.

What's funnier is that it's actually been called before in the past. It's on YouTube somewhere. They even make an announcement to the crowd to 'be quiet' lol

vCash
    I mean, Seattle does have an insane advantage that no other team gets, but you can't punish fans for it. If anything, they should put more restrictions on stadiums. There's more blame for the architect designing the stadium to funnel noise more than the fans being loud. Seattle fans are probably still the loudest fans in the NFL for the full duration, but the stadium is designed to send all that noise straight towards the field.

HFA is different for different teams. SEA has noise, Packers/Pats/north teams have balls cold weather, DEN has altitude, NO has a team that's built for domes and play in a dome, and teams with a retractable roof have the advantage of picking and choosing what type of weather they want their opponent to play in (for example, a team like ARZ might choose to leave the roof open during a nasty storm if they're playing a team like DEN who pass a lot). It'd be awfully hard to punish one team for it and not the others.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast