Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Oakland acquires Craig Gentry, Texas gets Michael Choice. More pieces involved.

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 22s
    Sources: Oakland acquires Craig Gentry, Texas gets Michael Choice. More pieces involved.
    Last edited by grandsalami; 12-03-2013 at 01:36 PM.

vCash
    wow really?

it seems like Choice had figured it out cutting his strikeouts by a wide margin and becoming a more complete hitter

Gentry is very underrated though

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash

Oakland acquires Craig Gentry, Texas gets Michael Choice. More pieces involved.

Gentry and Lindblom for Choice and Bostick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Gentry and Lindblom for Choice and Bostick.
    Bostic and Gentry both bring some special talents to this deal.. Michael Choice has a batter's eye like Victor Martinez, but, doesn't always use it & there's no reason why.. Lindblom is a run of the mill RP, nothing special. Serviceable could be a way to describe him.. With the potential value of Michael Choice, this deal should favor the Rangers, but, that potential.. may never be seen.. and there's a pretty good likelihood of that...Bostik is just a good player.. he hits.. he hits with power, he has a decent eye for a 20 something, he runs and he works.. He doesn't have any one gift or ability.. he's just a well rounded player working his way to the Major Leagues.. The Rangers are getting a good player in the deal with him..

Thoughts...
    Last edited by GeronimoSon; 12-03-2013 at 02:34 PM.

vCash
    like the trade for the rangers, got two of the a's two top 20 prospects, as a rangers fan I really like Gentry but now Leoyns martin does not have to worry, center field is now his own spot, does not have to split the time with gentry and you get two power hitters in Choice and Bostick

vCash
    really don't get what the A's are doing this offseason
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    really don't get what the A's are doing this offseason
    Kazmir = Colon

Johnson = Balfour

Gentry = 4th outfielder with more experience & better defense than Choice

vCash
    depth is the only reason oakland wins. i think the plan BB goes with is that any upgrade to a spot on the roster right NOW is needed to actually make a push in the playoffs. i like the gentry pick up. he is by far an upgrade to chris young or choice right NOW. i would rather have defense and hitting for average than the promise of hitting for power! that being said the one thing that should be fixed is second base. no production from that spot is getting really old.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MygirlhatesCod View Post
    depth is the only reason oakland wins. i think the plan BB goes with is that any upgrade to a spot on the roster right NOW is needed to actually make a push in the playoffs. i like the gentry pick up. he is by far an upgrade to chris young or choice right NOW. i would rather have defense and hitting for average than the promise of hitting for power! that being said the one thing that should be fixed is second base. no production from that spot is getting really old.
    Especially in that park.

They're going all in it looks like to me. That's a pitchers park and guys like Kazmir and Johnson will both shine, while Gentry covers that spacious ground out in the outfield.

1 more trade for them ? Cespedes or Brett Anderson ? Upgrade at 2b ? SS ? or platooning Punto, Sogard, or Callaspo at 2B with Lowrie at SS.

vCash
    God, All these moves are awesome. I love Beane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    How do I think [Kevin] Love helps his team lose? Terrible defense, chucker, basically a of version if Monta

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbd24 View Post
    Kazmir = Colon

Johnson = Balfour

Gentry = 4th outfielder with more experience & better defense than Choice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    God, All these moves are awesome. I love Beane.
    Loosing Micheal Choice for Gentry isn't that great, this trade could back fire hard core for Oakland.

vCash
    Texas gets a former top 10 pick who is born and raised in Texas, and went to UT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Loosing Micheal Choice for Gentry isn't that great, this trade could back fire hard core for Oakland.
    I am not too concerned with the opinion of someone who uses the word losing for losing.
    Last edited by Guppyfighter; 12-03-2013 at 11:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    How do I think [Kevin] Love helps his team lose? Terrible defense, chucker, basically a of version if Monta

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Even "if" it does, It won't happen for a few years. Oakland is looking for now not later. I love it! this shows us fans that making the playoffs a couple times in like 5 years isn't enough. And it should be because in a few years when our young players finish out their current contracts they will more than likely be gone. Your assessment that this could turn out bad would just suggest that instead of trying to win now Oakland should just remain a quality free agent feeding pool for the rest of the league to win with. That to me sounds way worse than the possibility of choice being a future star.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast