Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Just a Thought.....

Saints Fans help me out here. Why is it that Dree Brees doesn't do the following?

1) Run the ball when avoiding a sack or forcing a throw?

2) Comparison: Russell Wilson is 5'11" and they got Drew Brees being 6'0" but most of his stats show 5'11". Why can't he avoid trouble and run up the field? Examples of others who aren't afraid to do so: Russell Wilson, Tom Brady, Colin Kaepernick, Alex Smith and Cam Newton to name a few. I will even throw in Tim Tebow...These quarterbacks run the ball just as much as passing and handing the ball off. When I see Brees play he either forces a bad throw, throw the ball out of bounds, or he gets hit and either loses the ball in the air like last night or takes a sack.

3) Why doesn't Brees rolls to his left or right when throwing a pass? He seems to always behind his center when throwing the ball. His height is a disadvantage and I got that but it's not a show stopper. Roll to your right and see who is open or roll to your left and see who is open. You have to start trying different tactics, if not you will continue to crushed.

4) I think I counted in the Dallas game, that Brees threw to 11 different players in that game. You need to start mixing it more like that. If you all want to win the BIG games start figuring out what your opponents haven't seen you do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J-ROK View Post
    Saints Fans help me out here. Why is it that Dree Brees doesn't do the following?

1) Run the ball when avoiding a sack or forcing a throw?

2) Comparison: Russell Wilson is 5'11" and they got Drew Brees being 6'0" but most of his stats show 5'11". Why can't he avoid trouble and run up the field? Examples of others who aren't afraid to do so: Russell Wilson, Tom Brady, Colin Kaepernick, Alex Smith and Cam Newton to name a few. I will even throw in Tim Tebow...These quarterbacks run the ball just as much as passing and handing the ball off. When I see Brees play he either forces a bad throw, throw the ball out of bounds, or he gets hit and either loses the ball in the air like last night or takes a sack.

3) Why doesn't Brees rolls to his left or right when throwing a pass? He seems to always behind his center when throwing the ball. His height is a disadvantage and I got that but it's not a show stopper. Roll to your right and see who is open or roll to your left and see who is open. You have to start trying different tactics, if not you will continue to crushed.

4) I think I counted in the Dallas game, that Brees threw to 11 different players in that game. You need to start mixing it more like that. If you all want to win the BIG games start figuring out what your opponents haven't seen you do.
    Jesus Christ, J-Rok! Are you serious? Height has NOTHING to do with speed or athletic ability. The QB's you mentioned (except for Brady, who doesn't fit what you're describing at all) are all athletic QB's who can outrun or overrun people. What in the hell has ever made you think that Drew can outrun people? and he sure as hell isn't going to pull a Cam Newton and stiff arm people on his way to a 30 yard gain. He's just athletic enough to move around and step up in the pocket, but that's it. He beats people with his arm almost more effectively than anyone in league history. Why the hell wouldn't you play to his strengths instead of having him run upfield trying to gain 3 yards before he gets his arms torn off by Patrick Willis?
    Last edited by neovenator250; 12-04-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    Jesus Christ, J-Rok! Are you serious? Height has NOTHING to do with speed or athletic ability. The QB's you mentioned (except for Brady, who doesn't fit what you're describing at all) are all athletic QB's who can outrun or overrun people. What in the hell has ever made you think that Drew can outrun people? and he sure as hell isn't going to pull a Cam Newton and stiff arm people on his way to a 30 yard gain. He's just athletic enough to move around and step up in the pocket, but that's it. He beats people with his arm almost more effectively than anyone in league history. Why the hell wouldn't you play to his strengths instead of having him run upfield trying to gain 3 yards before he gets his arms torn off by Patrick Willis?
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

vCash
    I mean I get what you're saying JRok there have been occasions where I've yelled just run it Drew! Mostly on 3rd downs and I THINK he could run it and get the needed yards.

I also see why you ask why he doesn't roll outside to the right or left to mix up the throwing angles and lanes.

I think its because the middle of the Oline is his most protected area and he doesn't trust our tackles as much as the center and guards plus its just more comfortable for him and best for QB and Oline chemistry to stay in the pocket so the Oline can block the best they can accordingly.

I think for as athletic as Wilson is his line is just as dynamic to be able to protect him in the pocket and hold blocks well enough even if Wilson rolls to either side.

I think if Brees tried that with our Oline he'd get sacked a lot faster and more than he does now.

To Neovenator250's point at this stage in Brees career and given where we are as a team in terms of reliance on Brees health which is pretty consistent fortunately. I mean the guy doesn't miss practices or games he has to have a decent streak going by now.

Anyway sure Brees could slide but he is too important to even risk raising the injury potential especially since as Neo stated he'd only be gaining 3 to 5 yards best case before someone catches up with him.

But again I must admit there have besn times where I wanted Drew to run those 3 to 5 yards but doesn't he do enough for us. If we can't run or pass to get that 1st down we are probably playing bad offense anyway.

Like I said before let the other teams fight to get 1st down really the Saints are at best when we are breaking off 7-8 yard gains per play.

We have pretty much grown accustomed to that happening and when it doesn't we typically lose.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    NEO your right, the Saints spent Big money on Drew so they have to protect their investment. Underdog, I'm glad you see where I am coming from. The Best game they had ALL season (POINT Wise) was the Dallas game. Of course it was in the Dome but still. I just feel like that the Defense know's where Brees will be, and the Blitz will keep coming. (Because he won't leave the pocket) I hope we win on Sunday night. Oddly enough though, here is a question? Who wins the division and 2nd seed if we split the Carolina game and win 3 games. Consider both teams have the same Wins and Losses? They basically, played the same teams, however does Carolina win the 2nd seed? (Remember I said if we split 12-4 who wins the Division and takes the 2nd seed)