Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Saints looking for NFC South Championship, but I think otherwise

That lose Killed us last night..no wait those loses that we took from the Patriots and Jets is what killed us. Now we are 9-3 and looking for a NFC South Championship Title. I don't see it. Here is why:

1) 3 loses already

2) Carolina here next Sunday night (PRIME TIME) at the dome. I think Carolina will still beat us. They have a Better Defense than ours. And Cam Newton...well say what you want to say but he has improved and is a serious Team Player this year. And it has shown. So, if they beat us in the Dome Next Sunday they will be in the Driver's seat. (They also have beaten great teams as well - 49er's, Patriots, Miami, and also Swept the Bucs x 2) And by the way the Bucs have improved the later part of the season. It would not suprise me if Carolina comes in the Dome and beats us. Right now they are the better team. (ALL AROUND)

3) So, let's say New Orleans wins 2 out of 4 games that coming up. That will only bring them to 11 wins and 5 loses. Good enough for a wilcard but not second seed. Than, it's like starting all over again. Working our way in the playoffs to play either Seattle or Carolina. And guess what? We can't beat them at their home in the playoffs. It doesn't matter how you prepare, that was evident last night with HOLDING Cards in the air for plays, and wearing fancy earplug for the noise reduction. So, yes Home Field advantage is a plus, but don't expect New Orleans to be second seed. It won't happened. And we know we can't cut it as wildcard. (in other words - we won't win the NFC Championship)

I do like the Saints, and I am happy that we have done well this year with Sean and Ryan. But still we have too many old players still trying to hold onto there jobs. What has Harper (Roman) done for us? Cam Jordon bust his ***** every game. Time to cut these guys out and start bringing in younger players.

vCash
    The Saints in the Dome are tough to beat imo and I think we will finish strong because our run game.

I think last night just helped the team find more motivation and didnt phase us one bit in fact it made us better.

Losing to Seattle in there house is not a bad thing. Sure we could've looked better but I think it just wasn't our night thats my opinion Rok.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    The Saints in the Dome are tough to beat imo and I think we will finish strong because our run game.

I think last night just helped the team find more motivation and didnt phase us one bit in fact it made us better.

Losing to Seattle in there house is not a bad thing. Sure we could've looked better but I think it just wasn't our night thats my opinion Rok.
    This. **** happens and last night it all happened at once. We will beat Carolina Sunday Night in the Dome. I think we end up splitting with them, and I think we get the 2 seed. If we don't get the 2 seed, we'll probably still make it to Seattle or Carolina for the divisional round/ championship. But I think we will beat St. Louis and handle Tampa in the Dome. We'll be fine
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

vCash
    Yeah, my wins are from Tampa and St Louis. The loses unfortunately would be from Carolina. Now I could be wrong and if we win Sunday night against them, well then we should be okay as far as the 2nd Seed. But if we lose, it's like you said will either go to Carolina or Seattle.

vCash
    The team has a lot of work to do in the offseason. Maybe too much.

vCash
    Let's not overreact about losing to Seattle in Seattle. We're a good team that has work to do, but in the end, we're still a good team. The game vs Carolina Sunday night is HUGE. If we get the 2 seed, we have a chance to do well. Even if we don't, I'm not scared to go into Carolina like I am to go into Seattle. Seattle is a completely different monster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz:27532334
    Let's not overreact about losing to Seattle in Seattle. We're a good team that has work to do, but in the end, we're still a good team. The game vs Carolina Sunday night is HUGE. If we get the 2 seed, we have a chance to do well. Even if we don't, I'm not scared to go into Carolina like I am to go into Seattle. Seattle is a completely different monster.
    I agree with you on this
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    We held lynch to under 50 yards rushing and you guys are freaking out lol. Look Wilson had his third highest completion % per game this season trailing only his performances against "CAROLINA" and "TENNESSEE". Either they do a hell of a job game planning or the guy just really performs well in primed environments either way they are very vulnerable in the stat line and here's what I mean. If you look at Marshawn's game logs you'll see the better he performs and keeps the ball out of Wilsons hands the closer the games are it's as clear as day. Knowing how he dominated the Saints last meeting Pete probably used the same logic Nick Saban used against LSU in '12 BCS championship game and game planned to do the exact opposite of what the Saints were concentrating on and it worked. Most big plays were play actions and we still bit heavy even though Lynch was ineffective because the gameplanned brainwashed players natural reactions. I say if we meet again don't stuff the box and make Wilson beat you in the pocket and rush the edges the way St. Louis did. As far as their defense I'll leave those suggestions to you guys to figure out lol
    "They want a pimp to give them some money, but I don't do that. But baby I'm a Saints fan that's why I say Who Dat." -Juvenile

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NOheisman:27533741
    We held lynch to under 50 yards rushing and you guys are freaking out lol. Look Wilson had his third highest completion % per game this season trailing only his performances against "CAROLINA" and "TENNESSEE". Either they do a hell of a job game planning or the guy just really performs well in primed environments either way they are very vulnerable in the stat line and here's what I mean. If you look at Marshawn's game logs you'll see the better he performs and keeps the ball out of Wilsons hands the closer the games are it's as clear as day. Knowing how he dominated the Saints last meeting Pete probably used the same logic Nick Saban used against LSU in '12 BCS championship game and game planned to do the exact opposite of what the Saints were concentrating on and it worked. Most big plays were play actions and we still bit heavy even though Lynch was ineffective because the gameplanned brainwashed players natural reactions. I say if we meet again don't stuff the box and make Wilson beat you in the pocket and rush the edges the way St. Louis did. As far as their defense I'll leave those suggestions to you guys to figure out lol
    Hindsight is always 20 20 but I agree with your assessment now.

I admit going into the game I thought taking away Lynch would do the trick. But now I agree I think the only times we made huge mistakes were when we blitzed too heavily in the box.

Plus as you stated hey Seahawks are top 3 team in the NFL no shame in losing to them even badly.

Also the fluke TD on the strip of Brees and the fluke TD catch plus the big play when we blitzed the house take those 3 plays away its a much different game.

So I agree I think we shouldve played the multiple safeties a bit more and loosened up on the run more and took our chances on Russell Wilson passing. Recall we shouldve had at least two INTs in that game that were missed.

I also think we shouldve ran the ball alot more anyway I think we will beat the Panthers now that we lost and looked so ineffective which is totally uncharacteristic of the Superbowl Saints.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J-ROK View Post
    Cam Jordon bust his ***** every game. Time to cut these guys out and start bringing in younger players.
    You'd better not be saying we should cut Cam Jordan

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Let's not freak out, guys. The Seattle loss was easily the worst performance we've seen from the Saints in almost a decade, but the season is far from over. We have two shots at Carolina and if we win one of them, then we probably win the division unless we lose out after that, due to our NFC record. The Panthers have to sweep us or hope we lose to both the Rams and the Bucs in order to win the South. and going into Carolina isn't like going into Seattle. Yes, it's on the road but Charlotte doesn't have the most lively of stadiums

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    NEO, Not at All...Just Cam Working His Butt Off! He is a serious asset!

vCash
    Here's the other thing. I'd much rather lose to Seattle last week, learn from it, and be fully prepared for those bastards come playoff time. God knows Sean Payton and Drew Brees will come out firing next time.

vCash
    Here's my take on this. (while I am having lunch)...Some how if Carolina takes 2nd seed, than we will be a wild card playing whomever the first game. (at the Dome in New Orleans) But afterwards we would be going back to Carolina. Which is a better game for us and winnable. Than we have to hope like hell that whoever plays Seattle beats Seattle. That way the NFC Championship game would come back to New Orleans. (I see us if not 2nd seed than 3rd seed) Which that puts us in the drivers deat if both 1st and 2nd seed gets puts out.

vCash
    All I know is that our OL better fix their **** real quick. Drew didn't even have a pocket vs Seattle and with two games vs Carolina coming up AND the Rams... we're going to facing some ******** good front 4's. I think this might actually be good before the playoffs..

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast