Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Red Sox, AJ Pierzynski agree to 1 year, $8.25M deal

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 1m
    aj pierzynski, red sox agree to a deal
    Hmmmm.

vCash
    I'm watching Dennis and Callahan and Dennis just broke the news of the signing. Ninja Ben does it again.

vCash
    I have to think they wanted Hanigan more, but the Reds are known to ask for a lot in deals, so he must have been too expensive...

I wonder if they think Vazquez is closer then we do - I.E. ride AJP to the deadline and then go with Vazquez (much more likely if they have fallen out of the race).

The update said he makes a perfect platoon with Ross. I doubt that, catcher/pticher combo's tend to do better when they don't mess with it (not ever pitcher is like that, but enough are).

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash

Red Sox, AJ Pierzynski agree to deal

Perfect Platoon for Ross, and should only be a one year deal. Perfect. With CV nearing his mlb debut, there was little need for Salty and his **** abilities.

vCash
    The Red Sox have agreed to a one-year deal with catcher A.J. Pierzynski. The deal was first reported by CBS Sports baseball writer Jon Heyman.

The Globe's Peter Abraham said on the Toucher & Rich show Tuesday morning that the Sox are viewing Pierzynski as a bridge to 23-year-old prospect Christian Vazquez. Abraham reported Monday night that catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia was unlikely to return to the Red Sox. According to Abraham, the Sox were hesitant to sign Saltalamacchia to a three-year deal with Vazquez waiting in the wings.

A 16-year veteran, Pierzynski batted .272 with 17 home runs and 70 RBIs in 134 games for Texas last season.
    Boston.com

vCash
    Not surprised, I thought it was gonna be either him, Hanigan or Iannetta.

Kinda like the move, he is what he is, a 1.5-2 WAR player. Can't go wrong on a 1 year deal. Just a bridge to get us to Swihart

vCash
    So who has the most potential between Swihart or Vazquez ? . Seems to me that a lot of fellow boston fans and media members are hyping these kids up to be the real. I'm very skeptical of it though.

vCash
    I think both kids have a lot of potential. Vazquez is a very solid defensive catcher. He's typically taken time to adjust to the pitching at each level but he's eventually caught on and hit enough to justify his place in the lineup. With plus defensive skills that's a pretty good lock on the catcher spot.

Swihart is more the offensive catcher but I have some doubts about whether or not he fills out enough to be a catcher.

vCash
    Vazquez has huge defensive potential. Swihart has really solid offensive potential. Some scouts have actually said Vazquez has a better arm RIGHT NOW than Yadier Molina... I don't believe that, but I've never watched him play so I can't say its 100% false.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    I read something yesterday talking about Swihart actually "growing into" a major league ball player. When he was draft out of HS he weighed 170lbs. When he finished his season this year he weighed in at 195. Looks like he's doing what he's supposed to and should eventually fill out.
    Jet's forum Banned 10/23/11

vCash

I laughed at this when I saw it because supposedly during their time in Chicago, Peavy and AJ didn't get along. I talked to people who were around and they said it was so overblown.

AJ fits in with the same plan that Cherington had last season. I like the fit.

vCash

I like the move! I'm down!

The Biggest Event Of the PSD Calendar Is Here!!!
    POSTERMANIA 4!!! Come Challenge a fellow PSD Friend
    Or Rival to a brawl and see Who the better poster is!!!!!
    Need More Details? Click Here or PM me! -Owner Riv

vCash
    A.J. Pierzynski's one-year deal with Boston is for $8.25 million, pending a physical.
    -Buster Olney

vCash

Good deal for both sides.

vCash
    Listening To AJ talk when he was doing the pregame for the World Series, I kinda thought he really liked the way our team was being built.

I think he fits in really well.

Welcome aboard!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast