Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Orioles trade Jim Johnson to the A's

@THE_REAL_RICKLI: #orioles just traded Jim Johnson to the #Athletics. Players are unconfirmed at this point.

Jim Johnson for Jamie Weeks? Is that all 100 saves in two yrs gets you? Unless the A's are completely taking both contracts and this allows the Os money to sign a really player or re-sign Davis/ Weiters, this trade sucks. How is Jamie Weeks better than what the Os already have on the team? frustrating

Unless theres a corresponding big signing coming with this...trading Johnson for pennies on the dollar is ridiculous

Sucks to see Johnson go, even though he blew 1/6th of his saves last year. He just never seemed to have closer stuff. It was more so just good enough with a ton of luck and opportunities.

Johnson though was a big time presence in the clubhouse that will be missed.

We need to use that money saved on good starting pitching and another bat.

I see us making a push to sign Colon and re-up with Feldman, and hopefully extending Davis.

Weiters is good as gone IMO

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly7 View Post
    I see us making a push to sign Colon and re-up with Feldman, and hopefully extending Davis.

Weiters is good as gone IMO
    Add in the ex closer of the Cards and that is pretty much the O's off season.
    As for Weiters, he was gone the day Buck joked about him signing with the Yankees IMO. That joke just seem to hit too close to home and Weiters was pissed off the rest of the year it seemed.

Lets the As feal with his inability to be a consistant closer. Now lets get another starter and bat that wont cost us our draft pick. As well as ship Wieters out of town because we all know we cant sign him and Davis and I prefer Davis.