Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Curtis Granderson Watch (Talks with Granderson Intensifying Post # 103)

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...the-white-sox/

Mets GM Sandy Alderson met yesterday with free agent outfielder Curtis Granderson, reports Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (via Twitter). Granderson, who will turn 33 in March, is represented by Matt Brown of Pro Prospects, Inc.

The Mets entered the offseason with an apparent need at the corner outfield, though they have already added one player who can man a spot in Chris Young. Granderson had an injury-shortened 2013, but hit over forty home runs in both 2011-12. His 2013 triple-slash was .229/.317/.407 over 245 plate appearances.

vCash
    God bless. I've been hoping we'd take those first few steps.

vCash

Curtis Granderson Watch

How many years are we willing to go? It's going to take at least 3 and he is 33. Doesn't sound very Mets like to do that.

vCash
    Talks to industry person who thinks Granderson could get 4 years, maybe even 5, in this market. Yep, Mets would have to pay for that power.
    Marc Carig

The Future

vCash
    Just posted this in the Offseason Thread.. but I'll move it here:

I understand the concerns of Grandy, his K rate, which along with players like Ike & Young already in the lineup.. But if you can sign him for no more than 3 years, then why not plug him in as your everyday RF? I think he would give us a .230/.330/.440/.780 at the worst.. also 20+ home runs and maybe 10+ steals.

I think with Young-Lagares-Granderson .. you have the potential of 60+ homeruns. Again, I understand the K's as an issue. But for 3 years it would not be a huge commitment and could bridge the gap to a Puello/Nimmo etc. or incase some of those FA classes 3 years away have the Heywards/Stantons, which would be nice.

.. and I'll edit to add a lineup (this if we could somehow pull of signing Drew as well)

RHP:

Drew
    Murphy
    Wright
    Granderson
    Ike
    Young
    d'Arnaud
    Lagares

LHP:

Young
    Murphy
    Wright
    Granderson
    Satin
    d'Arnaud
    Drew
    Lagares

... some combination of that would not be the worst lineup in the world and certainly would be a substantial upgrade from last year.
    Last edited by rpagz3; 12-02-2013 at 07:38 PM.
    #oneatatime

vCash
    and again I'll post..

4-5 years is too much for me. I would hope for 3, and have the 4th year a team option similar to Johans buyout.
    #oneatatime

vCash
    If we consider giving Grandy a 4 year deal, I think we should still consider Choo for 6.

vCash
    Just give him 4 years 55-60m and be done with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    If we consider giving Grandy a 4 year deal, I think we should still consider Choo for 6.
    And who's going to hit cleanup? If you tell me Choo, I'm coming to your house to kill you, then kill your whole family and make your rotting corpse watch.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    And who's going to hit cleanup? If you tell me Choo, I'm coming to your house to kill you, then kill your whole family and make your rotting corpse watch.
    Wright

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Wright
    Who's going to play SS while the Mets are paying Choo $20MM for the next 6 years?
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    But it would be nice to add talent for 3-4 years without having to give up any valuable pieces.
    #oneatatime

vCash
    Who's going to play SS while the Mets are paying Choo $20MM for the next 6 years?
    Who's going to play SS while the Mets are paying Granderson $12m for the next 5? *Shrug*
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG+Braves
    Im a Braves fan and im scared to face Harvey way more then Strasburgh. Lol strasburgh dont scare me at all compared to Harvey.

vCash
    ? ? ?..

lf we are really that limited then there really isn't any point in talking about the offseason anymore because we aren't going anywhere

vCash
    Don't see how the two are related.

Hak-Ju Lee will be the SS for the Mets in 2014 and beyond.

Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast