Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Playoffs: Pau & Nash Will Rise In All-Time Rankings; Kobe Could Be #1 In Some Of Them

N.B. Most of this post originally appeared in a different thread; but I think the part I am repeating here is worthy of having its own thread; because it IS important to the Lakers and us fans; and it's just fun to think and talk about

THE MORE PLAYOFF APPEARANCES, THE HIGHER OUR GREATS MOVE UP THE ALL-TIME LISTS

Kobe (& Pau & Nash) can rack up more playoff stats and move up the All-Time Lists. Kobe has a chance to be the #1 player ever in some individual categories, end up very high in others, and will move up in all of them:

games: With just 25 more games, Kobe = #1 All-Time Playoff Games; with 30, he'd be the first to 250 games,

minutes : With only 210 more minutes, Kobe = #1 All-Time Playoff Minutes; with 359 he'd be the first to 9,000), and

points: With 123 more points, Kobe passes KAJ for 2nd, with 348 more points, he passes MJ, so Kobe = #1 All-Time Playoff Points, and with 360 more points, he'd be the first with 6,000 pts).

assists: Currently Nash is 5th, 1 assist behind Bird, and Kobe is 7th, 22 assists behind Bird. So, soon Kobe & Nash = #4 and #5 in All-Time Playoff Assists. The sooner the better, especially in Nash's case, due to his health issues.

steals: Kobe is currently 5th, and with 29 more, would pass Stockton for Kobe = #4 All-Time in Playoff Steals.

rebounds: Kobe is not renowned as a rebounder, yet he currently IS 41st All-Time, and 3rd Rebounding Guard All-Time (one spot behind MJ; though way behind Magic); with just 34 more rebounds he passes MJ so Kobe = #2 Guard All-Time in Playoff Rebounds and Kobe = All-Time Top 40 Playoff Rebounds. Pau is currently All-Time 38th, and with just 38 more rebounds, Pau = All-Time Top 50 in Playoff Rebounds. With 88 rebounds, he'd move all the way up to Pau = 42nd All-Time in Playoff Rebounds.

blocks: Kobe is not renowned as a shot-blocker, yet he currently IS 38th and, with only 30 rebounds more, Kobe = All-Time Top 25 in Blocks. He'd also pass MJ for Kobe = 2nd All-Time Guard; and be just behind DWade (at the least). Pau, currently All-Time 18th, with 196, needs only 4 to be only the 18th to reach 200. With 54, he'd be only the 12th to ever reach 250, and with 56, Pau = #10 All-Time Playoff Rebounder.

Not a small thing to include amongst his/their personal achievements; and not a small thing to have a LAKER atop those lists (and to have another Laker, KAJ also in the top 2-3 All-Time in all three of these categories too); and to have other (partial-career) Lakers (like Pau and Nash) moving high up on those lists too.

I'm NOT opposed to Lakers dominating the All-Time Play-Off lists, for sure.

N.B. For those who would point out that Kobe will have achieved these various great Play-Off Stats Heights because he played more games than most others on the lists:
    1) In the first place, the number of games one has played does not matter to these lists, if you have the most points, you have the most points (with nobody ever citing that one player had more games than another; why should an exception be made only in Kobe's case; only to downplay Kobe's achievements); in particular:

2) KAJ played in the 3rd most Playoff Games ever (and is #1 in total minutes played); yet nobody has ever attempted to put-down that he is the All-Time Play-Off Leader in several categories; and

3) MJ played in the 16th most Playoff Games ever (and is #10 in total minutes played); yet nobody has ever attempted to put-down that he is the All-Time Play-Off Leader in several categories.
    Last edited by Pablonovi; 12-02-2013 at 05:48 PM. Reason: remove references to the Lakers' Team in the playoffs (the subject of many other threads)

vCash
    someone needs to get this guy a job...

his posts are way to long and boring...

and now he is gonna start new threads and clutter up the forum

this place is going to shi t faster than the Lakers...

vCash
    Mitch? Is that you?

vCash
    Someone please close this thread

vCash
    Why dont we worry about making the playoffs first...

vCash
    I was thinking the same thing… no way Kobe gets more than 5 or 6 playoff games at the most this year..
    ... You know you got a good DVR... whenever you hit pause on your remote during the action and it displays its favorite player....

vCash
    kobe was on pace last year if not for the injury.
    Dirk dominating at age 35

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearljammer II View Post
    I was thinking the same thing… no way Kobe gets more than 5 or 6 playoff games at the most this year..
    Even 5 or 6 games moves him up some; and make a contribution which can be added to in following years; after all he is NOT all the many total games away. He'd get the same general result:
    1) if he played a few games in two or three separate seasons (making the playoffs but not advancing past the first round); or
    2) if he played a bunch of games while making only one more playoffs.

Seeing as there are no guarantees about the team making the playoffs in future years, much less advancing in them; progressing in small steps, starting this year is a good thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    someone needs to get this guy a job...

his posts are way to long and boring...

and now he is gonna start new threads and clutter up the forum

this place is going to shi t faster than the Lakers...
    Hey vinylman,
    Jobs: I'm in my mid '60s, worked full-time (plus volunteering) all my adult life; still work part-time.

Posts: Long and boring? "Then don't 'watch' ". A lot of people have complimented a lot of my posts. I have recently gotten longer; I'll try to keep this in mind and make them shorter.

New threads: I've started ones before - got a generally pretty good response both in number of posts and in positive comments/agreements. I haven't started more than a thread or two in the lasts month or two. Exaggerate much?

Milestones: We've had a thread about this a little while back. Now that people are discussing the pros and cons of making the playoffs, it IS appropriate to point out one of the definite pros.

This place going to crap: Don't agree.

Faster than the Lakers: They are NOT going to crap.

Suggestion: iirc, there have been a number of times I've posted to which you've responded quite negatively. Whatever your reasons (which you don't seem to have spelled out directly); why don't you just put me on "ignore"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post
    kobe was on pace last year if not for the injury.
    Hey Bruno87,
    That wasn't the biggest reason to be disappointed; but it was a big disappointment. Would have loved to see him in last year's playoffs with the way he was playing; would love to see him this year and beyond.

vCash
    Hey lay off Pablonovi! Dude is knowledgeable and most of all, a gentleman.

Whenever he says "Hey", I kinda feel warm and fuzzy inside. I kinda like it.

So layoff dickwads!

vCash
    Rough crowd Pablo

Young dumb and full of cum.

vCash
    individual " success"

I couldnt care less.

I dont even know where pau is in the lists of all time scorers or rebounders or ****.

i do know tough its taking too long to get our NEXT BANNER up there .
    ]

vCash
    Nice. Mamba is the man. Haters will hate! Keep it up Pablo.

"Killer Instinct"

vCash
    Hey (last few posters),
    You don't know how much I appreciate your encouragement.

I took yesterday off of PSD because the day before that it seemed like I was deluged with (ugly) attacks. I was attacked for all kinds of things, the weirdest, imo, is for having posts that were long (as if people can't see they are long, and just skip them if they are so inclined). Some posts "should" be long, because it takes a certain amount of space to convey the relevant information. No?

I needed time to think about whether I had f_cked up so bad that I deserved it; and to re-fill my enthusiasm for trying to contribute to society (a 50+ years personal project, I've given several hours a week to).

Your few words mean a lot to me.
    Thanx.

16. 12-05-2013, 07:22 AM
    Reason
    Baiting/Response to a deleted post

17. 12-05-2013, 03:22 PM
    Reason

18. 12-05-2013, 04:37 PM
    Reason

19. 12-05-2013, 09:47 PM