Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Time 2 bench Rudy Gay!!!

I'm not a huge fan of Micheal Grange,however this could be the best article I've read from him in ages.
    Finally someone said it

In reality the Raptors donít need Gay in the starting lineup. His presence in it doesnít make them a very good team, even if they have somehow remained on top of the Atlantic Division with a 6-10 record and a three-game losing streak. For the moment his 20 shots a game and insistence on being The Man is stifling the development of assets like Jonas Valanciunas or Terrence Ross.

Article..

Code:
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/raptors-should-bring-rudy-gay-off-the-bench/

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post

No kidding,pass the ball.
    Demar was peaved off,his frustration is towards him,that's why Memphis got rid of him,SELFISH.

vCash
    +1. hollinger is laughing his *** off somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    lol, keep him. He's the tank commander. And next year, his value will be that fat $20mil expiring he'll have.

vCash
    Terrible idea, that would kill that little trade value that he has left and we would be forced to take someone like Amare on our team or even worse give up a pick just to get rid of him.

vCash
    When they fixed Rudy's eyesight they must have left the periphal vision blurry. Hilarious clip.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    Terrible idea, that would kill that little trade value that he has left and we would be forced to take someone like Amare on our team or even worse give up a pick just to get rid of him.
    I agree. But it's a Catch 22. How much better does his value get while he's exposed in the starting rotation?

Cue the 6th man discussions like we had with Bargnani.

vCash
    I tried to ignore his contract and look at his other contributions, he's rebounding and getting more assists... Rudy signed the contract that MEMPHIS offered so the size of his contract shouldn't matter to any of us but HOLY ~#!%@# http://gfycat.com/ImpeccableOrnateFunnelweaverspider, wtf how selfish can he possibly be?

vCash
    Winner of the new black hole of basketball award!!!!!!!!
    JAYS RAPSLEAFSRAIDERS

(disclaimer:
    All opinions are just out of my head and in no way can be taken as fact until they happen
    )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    When they fixed Rudy's eyesight they must have left the periphal vision blurry. Hilarious clip.
    yeah that's frustrating. "the man" syndrome at it's absolute worst. easy easy bucket for either Demar or Kyle if he's even looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    I'd take Bargnani back at this point (and I'm being serious).

On a side note Amir Johnson has reverted in to a total non-factor. He's a walking ghost.

vCash
    Trade Gay, Lowry, Derozan, Amir and Fields to NY for Amare and Melo

NY get an upgrade at PG that they can re-sign if they wish. They also gain a great contract in Demar plus Gay (who is a poor man's Melo). Amir provides needed rebounding off the bench and Fields is a poison pill they're just going to have to accept.

For us it simplifies or starting 5 and our bench, in that Melo takes control of scoring to start while Amare provides an inside-outside game off the bench.

This would be a tanking move for us and would set us up so we can have two big expirings in two years time while drafting strong.

vCash
    On second thought, there's no reason why they would trade Melo and take back Gay.

Plus the Raps keeping Gay would ensure that he sticks around so he shoot us out of games which would get us closer to lottery.

Lets give them Demar, Lowry, Amir, and Fields for Amare and Shump.

That would basically set us up to fail while garnishing us an interesting piece in Iman Shumpert. In that scenario Gay would take over the offense (for worse and not better) and in two years time we can dump Amare and Gay giving us huge cap space to make some moves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by canzano55 View Post
    I'd take Bargnani back at this point (and I'm being serious).

On a side note Amir Johnson has reverted in to a total non-factor. He's a walking ghost.
    No Thanks. It has been ugly basketball this season so far and we don't want to add another miserable piece to that. I am glad he is gone and don't want any part of the pasta boy.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast