Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

If you were a GM....

How would you fix this team? What players would you sign, who should be cut, drafted etc....

I would go after Alex Mack from Cleveland, slide Baas to guard, resign Boothe to be our back up center... Obviously let Dielh and Snee go, restructure Beatty contract.

Then I would draft either the 2 guards from Alabama.

Rebuilding the line is a must, signing Mack would help a lot and also move Baas to guard.

Defensive side, re up Joseph, sign Tuck to a fair contract...maybe draft a pass rusher in the 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash

If you were a GM....

Corner is also a priority on defense. We have prince but we need another starter. Resign Thomas for the nickel

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Corner is also a priority on defense. We have prince but we need another starter. Resign Thomas for the nickel
    Not sold on McBride or Ross?

Personally I think Prince and McBride, with T2 at nickel and Hosley and Ross back for depth is first. Then I really think we need to find some CB depth in the draft to bring up behind them. Wouldn't mind them going CB in the first round if the talent is there.

Oline
    WR
    RB
    CB

Would be my priorities. If Nicks stays on an affordable deal then I'd drop WR on that list, but if he goes, it's definitely the 2nd priority. If Randle really is a high end X receiver, then they can draft some talent in the 2nd or 3rd. Maybe sign a vet. If there are questions (and I have some), then they'll have to replace Nicks ASAP.

Wilson could have long standing health issues, Brown hasn't proven to be durable and if he IS he sure won't stay that way with f'n Gilbride running him 30 times per game. Jacobs is too beat up to return, but I'd be happy if he did. Hillis is fine for depth but nothing more.

I really think we need to add a #1 type RB in the draft or an experienced one through FA.

vCash
    Offensive Line top priority and it's not even close..

I prefer to address the offensive line in FA because I would like to go into next season with a well established offensive line that will force their will on anyone.. Obviously I still want to draft young offensive lineman for the future and we have a small but very bright piece to start with Pugh. This coming from someone who didn't like the pick but just to show how bad this line has been, Pugh has been our best player on the line this season. He's a rookie so that's just pathetic, not a knock on him but a knock on the front office for not for seeing what MANY users on here did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post

Personally I think Prince and McBride, with T2 at nickel and Hosley and Ross back for depth is first. Then I really think we need to find some CB depth in the draft to bring up behind them. Wouldn't mind them going CB in the first round if the talent is there.

Oline
    WR
    RB
    CB

Would be my priorities. If Nicks stays on an affordable deal then I'd drop WR on that list, but if he goes, it's definitely the 2nd priority. If Randle really is a high end X receiver, then they can draft some talent in the 2nd or 3rd. Maybe sign a vet. If there are questions (and I have some), then they'll have to replace Nicks ASAP.

Wilson could have long standing health issues, Brown hasn't proven to be durable and if he IS he sure won't stay that way with f'n Gilbride running him 30 times per game. Jacobs is too beat up to return, but I'd be happy if he did. Hillis is fine for depth but nothing more.

I really think we need to add a #1 type RB in the draft or an experienced one through FA.
    Andre Williams, haven't liked a rb in the draft since since Doug Martin and I like Andre more..

vCash

Oline
    WR
    RB
    CB

Don't forget DE. We were last in the league in sacks. Tuck had a great game last night, but he is not the long term answer. We need help for DaMontre, JPP and Kiwi. However, protecting our $100M investment is priority number 1. Oline is number 1 on my list. The problem is what do you go for early in the round? Do you go for a Tackle early even though we already have money invested there? Or do we do the same thing that just happened at this past draft and draft a Guard or Center early like Tennessee did with Warmack and Dallas did with Frederick?

If we go with a tackle, should the team consider going after a Right Tackle and move Pugh to the Left? Too many issues to fix in one year without too much money cap-wise.

I miss our dominating D.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Andre Williams, haven't liked a rb in the draft since since Doug Martin and I like Andre more..
    Oh reeeeeally?

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    Don't forget DE. We were last in the league in sacks. Tuck had a great game last night, but he is not the long term answer. We need help for DaMontre, JPP and Kiwi. However, protecting our $100M investment is priority number 1. Oline is number 1 on my list. The problem is what do you go for early in the round? Do you go for a Tackle early even though we already have money invested there? Or do we do the same thing that just happened at this past draft and draft a Guard or Center early like Tennessee did with Warmack and Dallas did with Frederick?

If we go with a tackle, should the team consider going after a Right Tackle and move Pugh to the Left? Too many issues to fix in one year without too much money cap-wise.
    I think the problem is that Moore just needs more time out there. Last night was the first time he got a decent amount of snaps. He really just needs to be thrown into the fire.

Next year: a healthy JPP with Moore starting on the opposite side and Kiwi and Tuck (or whoever) rotating in should be fine.

vCash
    Oh reeeeeally?

I think the problem is that Moore just needs more time out there. Last night was the first time he got a decent amount of snaps. He really just needs to be thrown into the fire.

Next year: a healthy JPP with Moore starting on the opposite side and Kiwi and Tuck (or whoever) rotating in should be fine.
    Moore really struggled out there last night... He showed no pass rushing moves. Hopefully he improves!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    Moore really struggled out there last night... He showed no pass rushing moves. Hopefully he improves!
    I dunno about that. He was breaking the edge a little on the one play where Tuck busted up the middle. He's gotta refine his technique, but I can't see him doing that effectively through practice alone. Gotta get him real world experience through the end of the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    he can't be any worse than jpp or tuck has been most of the season. i mean our DE play has been the worst so why not just let the kid get some burn.

as far as draft goes i have no doubt we will go best available again. we will be in the mid to lower teens so i expect to see someone drop especially with teams reaching for QBs early. we could easily end up with projected top 10 talent.

vCash

If you were a GM....

I like mcbride but I'm not ready to pencil him in at the other spot. Hosley hasn't shown much and I don't expect Ross to be back.

I wouldn't be a bit upset if we went corner in round 1 if there is a lockdown guy out there. Our secondary would have scary potential

vCash
    -Bring in Spags or Pepper Johnson @ DC and front 7 coach with coerced approval from Tom, offer Fewell Assissant DC and back 7 coach. Keep our secondary coaches and let go of the defensive assistant. Nobody is above grunt work.

-Fire Robert Nunn. Bring Back Mike Waufle. Our defensive ends production ****ing sucks compared to what it should be. JPP hasn't developed AT ALL. Maybe even regressed. Yes you can see how the injury has affected (<- the only homophone I never will understand) him, but still there is no technique. That may be more of JPP not being able to practice with the injury (and same thing with Moore) but this production is unacceptable. Even Kiwanuka looks off, but thankfully generally makes hustle plays. Tuck looks the best and he's epically inconsistent. We need better. We also need more games and stunts and schemed 4 man pass rushes up front to create pressure and hesitation with the offensive line. We NEVER work games up front, just straight 4 man rushes the majority of the time, yet I watch other teams around the league only rushing 4 but doing it well with games and stunts while the offensive lines continue to struggle. This could be on Fewell, I'm not sure, but at the end of the day this DL's production and impact in the passing game is nearly nonexistent most of the time, and thats unacceptable.

-Fire Tom Quinn and Larry Izzo. Bring in anyone ****ing else.

-Hire David Diehl as Assistant Offensive Line Coach or anywhere else in the organization except as a member of the team. A fantastic Giant who's recent performance cannot take away from what he's been for us and what he represents as a player and as a person and as a Giant.

-Cut Baas. Eat the money. Guys gotta go. Not a starter and we can get players we can develop for less than Bass' salary and use that money elsewhere.

-Snee's contract has to be voided. I'm not opposed to bringing him back. But not at 7 mil or whatever it is. Those injuries got to him real bad but all these surgeries may indicate he's planning to work back. He played with a torn labrum for a few years. If he can get healthy, he's still got some left in the take, physically at least. Those nagging injuries do way more to a players performance than the player himself realizes. I was victim of this and its weird, but you don't realize that its the injury causing the poor performance. It's also infuriating because you don't understand whats going wrong and why you're not playing well. If he gets healthy, he can be a big help to this awful line.

-Re-sign Hakeem Nicks. I'm betting he gets back to what he was after nagging injuries clear up with rehab and rest in the offseason. I know it may take having to pay more than what this seasons performance has to indicate. However, I have faith in our doctors, they were right with Steve Smith and KP. But if they think he'll be good, give him a hair less than what he wants, somewhere around 8-10 mil. You don't just lose it at 25, and boy did he have it, so if our doctors like his chances, he's worth the risk.

Re-sign Jon Beason - I think this is the one I have to talk least about. I think the player and the team both found what they were looking for. It's almost as if it were meant to be.

-Re-sign Andre Brown. This dude is one hell of an impressive back. Vision and fight. He always finds the hole. I see them well every time as they happen with the TV angle, but its not as easy to see on the field. I always get antsy because the holes that open are not where he would wind the run base on the plays design, both frontside and backside. I keep expecting it to be another blown play but he always finds the hole and squeaks through. The ability to turn 0 into 2, 2 into 5, 5 into 8, and 8 into 25 is one that not a lot of backs have. I've been so impressed by his play this year.

-Re-sign Linval Joseph. I know we have other good DTs, but what makes these good yet unremarkable DTs great is the rotation. He's a very good player and the DT market has been cheap of late so we shouldn't have to spring to get him back and would get a great bargain for the value he brings to our defense.

-Re-sign Patterson. All about the rotation, he's been fantastic. All these re signings may hurt us in free agency, but I have faith in most of this roster with a few minor upgrades and getting healthy. We need depth more than anything.

-Re-sign Kevin Boothe. Starts at center. Flexible and can move well. His run blocking and guard-like presence at center will bring the presence Baas was supposed to provide.

-Re-sign Terrell Thomas somewhat cheaply with the injury risk and keep him as the Nickel DB at all times. This man is has been phenomenal. Brings immense versatility as well with his coverage ability, blitzing ability, and ability to tackle. You have to respect the man's will to get back and play at a high level. True love and passion for the game of football. Thats the type of guy you want on your team.

-Re-sign Justin Tuck. Hopefully he'd take a smaller contract to stay home in NY and take on a role as a situational player with less reps to try to keep him fresh and healthy like we've done with our defensive tackles and did with our defensive ends back when our DL was great. He is a 3rd down inside pass rush guy. If they want to put someone else at RE then JPP can play at LE (which I'd be happy with in pass rushing situations to take advantage of weaker RTs).

-Re-sign Stevie Brown. This is tough. I don't know how you handle this contract after this injury on last years one year deal. Maybe bring him back at a similar deal. But then we also have Antrel Rolle who's playing better than he ever has and is a leader on defense. And then of course Will Hill who is playing at a nearly elite level and Merritt says he has room for improvement and expects him to fulfill it. How do we get him on the field? Terrell Thomas has been a stud inside. Rolle has looked awful down in that nickel role lately when he's been forced down into it. He used to be great at it, but probably lack of reps. Hill could probably do that but he's such a sure line of defense with his tackling to prevent big plays which is an underrated aspect of defense. He's also a physical presence in the defensive backfield. Turnovers are a big deal though, and however it happened, he created a lot of them. Worth another shot on a 1 yr deal and maybe throw him back where Will is on passing downs and drop will in the box. Maybe go with a Dime look like Wade Phillips has done when Cushing is healthy with cover guys at safety and big dbs in the slots. I'm not sure but talent is talent and you get it on the field.

-Re-sign Aaron Ross, Louis Murphy, Keith Rivers, Brandon Jacobs and Trumaine McBride at their respective minimums if they will take it. Maybe a hair more, but not necessarily. McBride may deserve two years with how he's played and he's bounced around for a while and would probably be happy to find a bit of a home, especially since I things look bright into next year despite how it looks now.

Free Agency

-Tight End: Whomever we can bring in the cheapest of Brandon Pettigrew, Greg Olsen, Dennis Pitta, Fred Davis, and Brandon Myers. Myers blocking has been progressing quite well. I've noticed a few occasions where he's washed down the entire front side of a power play to open up a gaping hole. He's still not winning head on head blocks but when he gets good angles he looks good. I like Pascoe's versatility but I'd rather be great in one area than underwhelming in two, maybe time to move on. Develop Donnell and possibly bring back Ballard.

-Wide Receiver: If we let Nicks walk without a deal, I think Danario Alexander is the guy I'd want. He wouldn't be too expensive (in a Stevie Brown situation) and we could put more money into shoring up the rest of this roster. He's also 25 and was turning into a big play receiver for the Chargers. At 6'5 give Eli a big target and maybe work the back shoulder again. It's really indefensible with that kind of length with the type of ball Eli throws. Decker and Boldin are intriguing as well.

-Offensive Line: I prefer to look to the draft. Not a lot of guys I want here. I want that IT guy at guard. A stud. A mauler. A guy who doesn't give up anything in pass pro. I dont know who it is or where it is but thats what I want, its what this team needs. I like Alex Mack but he will command a lot and I bet he stays in Cleveland. I think we definitely have to go into next season with our tackles the same, but the interior 3 are a toss up. Brewer may develop I saw potential and Snee could regain form after surgery that was a long time coming. But we cant rely on that. Richie Incognito is interesting but he's old, I want a solution to a problem for the years remaining with Eli. I can take the heartbreak that coincides with struggling to find a new QB when the time comes, but lets open up this run game and protect our investment while he's here. If we can solidify the pass protection in the middle of the pocket, our tackles will look outstanding just running guys by while Eli steps up and gets off a clean ball. Oh what a beautiful thought.

In the draft

1st round - Big time play now guard. Richardson. (Maybe even take a tackle that could kick into guard, but not take a tackle to move Pugh to guard).

2nd - OLB/HB/DE/TE

3rd - OLB/HB/DE/TE

4th - HB/DE/TE

5th - Small school left tackle that we think can make a good guard because there always is one.

6th - Kicker

7th - Whichever we didn't take of HB/DE/TE

Or something like that.

I've typed too much I'll stop now.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Bring Back Mike Waufle.
    YES YES YES please

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    -Bring in Spags or Pepper Johnson @ DC and front 7 coach with coerced approval from Tom, offer Fewell Assissant DC and back 7 coach. Keep our secondary coaches and let go of the defensive assistant. Nobody is above grunt work.

-Fire Robert Nunn. Bring Back Mike Waufle. Our defensive ends production ****ing sucks compared to what it should be. JPP hasn't developed AT ALL. Maybe even regressed. Yes you can see how the injury has affected (<- the only homophone I never will understand) him, but still there is no technique. That may be more of JPP not being able to practice with the injury (and same thing with Moore) but this production is unacceptable. Even Kiwanuka looks off, but thankfully generally makes hustle plays. Tuck looks the best and he's epically inconsistent. We need better. We also need more games and stunts and schemed 4 man pass rushes up front to create pressure and hesitation with the offensive line. We NEVER work games up front, just straight 4 man rushes the majority of the time, yet I watch other teams around the league only rushing 4 but doing it well with games and stunts while the offensive lines continue to struggle. This could be on Fewell, I'm not sure, but at the end of the day this DL's production and impact in the passing game is nearly nonexistent most of the time, and thats unacceptable.

-Fire Tom Quinn and Larry Izzo. Bring in anyone ****ing else.

-Hire David Diehl as Assistant Offensive Line Coach or anywhere else in the organization except as a member of the team. A fantastic Giant who's recent performance cannot take away from what he's been for us and what he represents as a player and as a person and as a Giant.

-Cut Baas. Eat the money. Guys gotta go. Not a starter and we can get players we can develop for less than Bass' salary and use that money elsewhere.

-Snee's contract has to be voided. I'm not opposed to bringing him back. But not at 7 mil or whatever it is. Those injuries got to him real bad but all these surgeries may indicate he's planning to work back. He played with a torn labrum for a few years. If he can get healthy, he's still got some left in the take, physically at least. Those nagging injuries do way more to a players performance than the player himself realizes. I was victim of this and its weird, but you don't realize that its the injury causing the poor performance. It's also infuriating because you don't understand whats going wrong and why you're not playing well. If he gets healthy, he can be a big help to this awful line.

-Re-sign Hakeem Nicks. I'm betting he gets back to what he was after nagging injuries clear up with rehab and rest in the offseason. I know it may take having to pay more than what this seasons performance has to indicate. However, I have faith in our doctors, they were right with Steve Smith and KP. But if they think he'll be good, give him a hair less than what he wants, somewhere around 8-10 mil. You don't just lose it at 25, and boy did he have it, so if our doctors like his chances, he's worth the risk.

Re-sign Jon Beason - I think this is the one I have to talk least about. I think the player and the team both found what they were looking for. It's almost as if it were meant to be.

-Re-sign Andre Brown. This dude is one hell of an impressive back. Vision and fight. He always finds the hole. I see them well every time as they happen with the TV angle, but its not as easy to see on the field. I always get antsy because the holes that open are not where he would wind the run base on the plays design, both frontside and backside. I keep expecting it to be another blown play but he always finds the hole and squeaks through. The ability to turn 0 into 2, 2 into 5, 5 into 8, and 8 into 25 is one that not a lot of backs have. I've been so impressed by his play this year.

-Re-sign Linval Joseph. I know we have other good DTs, but what makes these good yet unremarkable DTs great is the rotation. He's a very good player and the DT market has been cheap of late so we shouldn't have to spring to get him back and would get a great bargain for the value he brings to our defense.

-Re-sign Patterson. All about the rotation, he's been fantastic. All these re signings may hurt us in free agency, but I have faith in most of this roster with a few minor upgrades and getting healthy. We need depth more than anything.

-Re-sign Kevin Boothe. Starts at center. Flexible and can move well. His run blocking and guard-like presence at center will bring the presence Baas was supposed to provide.

-Re-sign Terrell Thomas somewhat cheaply with the injury risk and keep him as the Nickel DB at all times. This man is has been phenomenal. Brings immense versatility as well with his coverage ability, blitzing ability, and ability to tackle. You have to respect the man's will to get back and play at a high level. True love and passion for the game of football. Thats the type of guy you want on your team.

-Re-sign Justin Tuck. Hopefully he'd take a smaller contract to stay home in NY and take on a role as a situational player with less reps to try to keep him fresh and healthy like we've done with our defensive tackles and did with our defensive ends back when our DL was great. He is a 3rd down inside pass rush guy. If they want to put someone else at RE then JPP can play at LE (which I'd be happy with in pass rushing situations to take advantage of weaker RTs).

-Re-sign Stevie Brown. This is tough. I don't know how you handle this contract after this injury on last years one year deal. Maybe bring him back at a similar deal. But then we also have Antrel Rolle who's playing better than he ever has and is a leader on defense. And then of course Will Hill who is playing at a nearly elite level and Merritt says he has room for improvement and expects him to fulfill it. How do we get him on the field? Terrell Thomas has been a stud inside. Rolle has looked awful down in that nickel role lately when he's been forced down into it. He used to be great at it, but probably lack of reps. Hill could probably do that but he's such a sure line of defense with his tackling to prevent big plays which is an underrated aspect of defense. He's also a physical presence in the defensive backfield. Turnovers are a big deal though, and however it happened, he created a lot of them. Worth another shot on a 1 yr deal and maybe throw him back where Will is on passing downs and drop will in the box. Maybe go with a Dime look like Wade Phillips has done when Cushing is healthy with cover guys at safety and big dbs in the slots. I'm not sure but talent is talent and you get it on the field.

-Re-sign Aaron Ross, Louis Murphy, Keith Rivers, Brandon Jacobs and Trumaine McBride at their respective minimums if they will take it. Maybe a hair more, but not necessarily. McBride may deserve two years with how he's played and he's bounced around for a while and would probably be happy to find a bit of a home, especially since I things look bright into next year despite how it looks now.

Free Agency

-Tight End: Whomever we can bring in the cheapest of Brandon Pettigrew, Greg Olsen, Dennis Pitta, Fred Davis, and Brandon Myers. Myers blocking has been progressing quite well. I've noticed a few occasions where he's washed down the entire front side of a power play to open up a gaping hole. He's still not winning head on head blocks but when he gets good angles he looks good. I like Pascoe's versatility but I'd rather be great in one area than underwhelming in two, maybe time to move on. Develop Donnell and possibly bring back Ballard.

-Wide Receiver: If we let Nicks walk without a deal, I think Danario Alexander is the guy I'd want. He wouldn't be too expensive (in a Stevie Brown situation) and we could put more money into shoring up the rest of this roster. He's also 25 and was turning into a big play receiver for the Chargers. At 6'5 give Eli a big target and maybe work the back shoulder again. It's really indefensible with that kind of length with the type of ball Eli throws. Decker and Boldin are intriguing as well.

-Offensive Line: I prefer to look to the draft. Not a lot of guys I want here. I want that IT guy at guard. A stud. A mauler. A guy who doesn't give up anything in pass pro. I dont know who it is or where it is but thats what I want, its what this team needs. I like Alex Mack but he will command a lot and I bet he stays in Cleveland. I think we definitely have to go into next season with our tackles the same, but the interior 3 are a toss up. Brewer may develop I saw potential and Snee could regain form after surgery that was a long time coming. But we cant rely on that. Richie Incognito is interesting but he's old, I want a solution to a problem for the years remaining with Eli. I can take the heartbreak that coincides with struggling to find a new QB when the time comes, but lets open up this run game and protect our investment while he's here. If we can solidify the pass protection in the middle of the pocket, our tackles will look outstanding just running guys by while Eli steps up and gets off a clean ball. Oh what a beautiful thought.

In the draft

1st round - Big time play now guard. Richardson. (Maybe even take a tackle that could kick into guard, but not take a tackle to move Pugh to guard).

2nd - OLB/HB/DE/TE

3rd - OLB/HB/DE/TE

4th - HB/DE/TE

5th - Small school left tackle that we think can make a good guard because there always is one.

6th - Kicker

7th - Whichever we didn't take of HB/DE/TE

Or something like that.

I've typed too much I'll stop now.
    Would you trust a guy like Danrio Alexander? The guy had 7 knee surgeries

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

vCash
    Wasn't aware of that. Decker, Boldin, Britt, James Jones are guys of interest. Still want Nicks if the doctors are optimistic about his health.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast