Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

December 3-7 Gamethread

Look to continue our 3 game win streak tomorrow night against the Isles, who I'm sure will play us hard. Doesn't get much easier after that though, we then play the Sharks and Bruins. I know we have quite a few injuries and already have a pretty good idea of what we are but these next three should be pretty telling

vCash
    Noticed Chris Conner up. Fantastic. Detroit had him a number of years ago and I could never understand why he was sent down. One of the best skaters in the NHL. Threw his body around and could play the PK. That's a fourth liner, and a damn good one. He was basically a poor man's Darren Helm. I continue to root for his success.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Noticed Chris Conner up. Fantastic. Detroit had him a number of years ago and I could never understand why he was sent down. One of the best skaters in the NHL. Threw his body around and could play the PK. That's a fourth liner, and a damn good one. He was basically a poor man's Darren Helm. I continue to root for his success.
    He's been up the past few games because we've unfortunately been hit by the injury bug lately. He really does have all the skills you pointed out, it's just unfortunate for him that his size has really limited his opportunities. It also doesn't help his chances that we have Vitale on the 4th line who pretty much does everything Conner does, in addition to being really good on the faceoffs. That being said, I've always had a soft spot for him just like you; it would be nice if he could catch on with a team and get consistent playing time

vCash
    Nice team win

vCash
    I was only able to watch the last few minutes of the 3rd and overtime but from the way they were talking, it sounded as if the Isles got a jump on us in the 1st and from then on, it was even or we dictated the play. I'd prefer not to be playing comeback but I can't complain too much about a win. Side note, watching Sid score the winning goal was a thing of beauty lol. He didn't deke around four guys, or blow right by them, but did just enough of everything to make it work.

Malkin had a good game all around but he really needs to keep his emotions in check. This has been a problem of his for a while now and sooner or later, if it hasn't already, it's going to cost us big time. In a tied game, with the crowd behind the other team, with less than 2 minutes left, you can't be taking penalties

vCash
    look at that thorton with the dirtiest play and its orpiks fault if you ask some bruins fans and announcers
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Pretty awful/deflating loss but I think the real loss here is (probably) Orpik and Neal if he (most likely) gets suspended. We all saw how we collapsed with less than two minutes remaining, don't need to elaborate further.

Obviously losing Neal hurts but in some ways, I hope he gets suspended for a few games, nothing major. For the most part, I think he just plays hard but then at random times, he goes beyond the line and ends up costing the team. Hopefully this will put things in perspective and he can control his emotions better in the future.

Orpik is the real question mark here. We're already down Scuderi and Martin, we can't afford to lose another top 4 defenseman. Looking past the implications it has towards the team, I hope he is alright in general. With all of the new concussion information coming out and seeing firsthand implications with his teammates, I hope it doesn't effect him past his playing days