Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Jays sign Navarro

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 2m
    Sources: #BlueJays in agreement with free-agent catcher on Dioner Navarro on two-year deal, pending physical

vCash
    Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 2m
    Signing of Navarro likely will lead #BlueJays to trade Arencibia. Team needs Thole to catch Dickey. Navarro could grow into everyday role.

vCash
    Nice! this is the clearest see ya later to JP we could get.. well maybe AJ would be more clear. I dont want Navarro as our #`1 either

vCash
    @ShiDavidi 2m
    JPA deal sure to follow MT @Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: #BlueJays in agreement w free-agent C on Dioner Navarro on 2-yr deal, pending physical.

vCash
    no......

vCash
    Ehhh. Certainly not the defensive upgrade a lot of people wanted, and he's had some awful, awful, seasons with the bat. Could've done worse though, I guess.

vCash
    Navarro reaks of PEDs

vCash
    My take is similar to mvps, he's not my favorite catcher or anything but he's so much better than going into the season with Jpa as our catcher. And... He's going to get traded which is even better.

So it's a win, even if by default.

vCash
    Yuck. But an upgrade is an upgrade....I guess.

vCash
    Im sad that we are ending up with Navarro and Thole as our catchers when we spent so much time lately on drafting good ones

vCash
    8 million over 2 years

vCash
    Ugh , thole is still so bad at baseball.

Chris stewart just got dealt to the pirates. Do the yanks need a backup now? Or is cervelli coming back? Id love to see arencibia in a yankee uniform hahahahaha

vCash
    Nice to know that JPA likely wont be back but a Navarro/Thole is still probably the worst combo in the league. Also am i reading right? JPA had a defensive WAR of 1.2 last season. Is someone at baseball reference punking me?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombtista View Post
    Im sad that we are ending up with Navarro and Thole as our catchers when we spent so much time lately on drafting good ones
    Well he's just a stopgap till Jiminez. Just curious what good ones have we recently drafted? Carlos Perez who may not even be protected by the lowly Astros in the rule 5 draft?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Powers View Post
    Well he's just a stopgap till Jiminez. Just curious what good ones have we recently drafted? Carlos Perez who may not even be protected by the lowly Astros in the rule 5 draft?
    I assume he meant d'Arnaud, who wasn't drafted by Toronto but was in our farm system not too long ago.

4 mil a year on a 2 year deal, I can live with that. I don't love the move but anyone is better than Arencibia... it's a win by default.

Don't care, catcher situation is addressed and doesn't stop them from adding another if the right chance came to be.

Now, go get some starters and call it a day.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast