Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: CJ Debut

vCash

CJ Debut

He took his boot off almost a month ago. When do you think he will make his Debut??
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

SUPERBOWL 48 CHAMPS
    L.O.B.

vCash
    I have no idea to be honest. They went the non-surgical route, and it has been impossible to find a timetable. With Mo Williams playing so well, I would imagine that the Blazers are going to be even more cautious than they already were going to be.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    I agree...once he does come back they will slowly give him minutes. I could see him soaking up 6-7 minutes a game. Maybe up to 10 mins after a month on the court. I can't see much more. His defense will be the only thing that might get him more mins. I would rather have Mo on the court unless CJ's def is better.
    So Say We All!!!

vCash
    http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/in...toward_re.html
    He has been cleared for full practices

another link with a video interview with him:
    http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/in...to_full_p.html
    Last edited by matt800; 12-20-2013 at 06:47 PM.

vCash
    I hope for CJ's sake that we take our time with him and make double sure he is healed up and ready to show what he has to offer.

vCash
    In the video he says he hasnt had any pain for a while. Also says he got the injury from stepping on a foot in an odd way so it doesnt sound like it is a weakness thing.

Id love to see him come back and play well enough to get rookie of the year. Its possible considering the lack of competition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    I hope for CJ's sake that we take our time with him and make double sure he is healed up and ready to show what he has to offer.
    Given how the East Coast Lopez has had his 3rd surgery in 2 years on same part of same foot and his season is over (might be looking at another Yao exit) I say let CJ sit out as long as it takes. I would be ok if he sat out all year. Just don't take any chance with the foot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    Given how the East Coast Lopez has had his 3rd surgery in 2 years on same part of same foot and his season is over (might be looking at another Yao exit) I say let CJ sit out as long as it takes. I would be ok if he sat out all year. Just don't take any chance with the foot.
    I think it is different with CJ. The way he hurt it sounds like it would have hurt anyone-- not him beig weak.
    And he said it hasnt hurt in a long time and didnt hurt too much to begin with. Foot injuries can be weird where they look bad but really arent. I agree it makes sense to not rush it, but I think his situation is not a cause for concern. It also sounds like CJ isnt rushing it so its all good.

vCash

vCash
    Ben Golliver ‏@blazersedge 47s

Coach Terry Stotts said rookie G CJ McCollum will rejoin Blazers on Monday after two-game stint with Idaho Stampede
    Gettin close. Be nice to have him ready for a few games before the brutal 4 game road stretch coming up in a couple weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    Gettin close. Be nice to have him ready for a few games before the brutal 4 game road stretch coming up in a couple weeks.
    I think we might be in for a surprise with him. Could be a really good player.

vCash
    CJ looked pretty good in the D League game tonight. He played limited minutes but showed some good moves, and some good defensive possessions. He looked a little slow like he might still need to get back in shape but did well considering. All in all pretty good first game from what I saw. 17 min, 6 reb, 6ast, 3to, 2stl, 13pts 6-13 shooting. 0-4 from 3.
    Last edited by matt800; 01-03-2014 at 11:36 PM.

vCash
    I watched the 1st half and I think you described his play spot on.