Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logan Ryan

vCash

Logan Ryan

I don't know that this is thread worthy, and I know people tend to hate these kinds of threads but too bad (). Can someone tell me why Logan Ryan doesn't get more playtime? I'm not sure of the numbers to be honest but it seems Kyle Arrington gets more play time than he does and Arrington is a flaming pile of dog ****. Ryan is really turning into a quite good, young corner. A friend of mine made a good comparison, he seems like a safer version of Dennard. Doesn't get burned as often but doesn't make as many big plays. I think there's some argument that he could be our second best corner and he's not even getting a sniff.

Sorry Arrington getting smoked by Hopkins was kind of the last straw for me.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Arrington is a solid slot CB, see sellers stat line vs us

However Arrington is pretty prone to being exposed on the outside.

As for Ryan being our second best corner. Idk Dennard is good...Talib is #1 when healthy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    I don't know that this is thread worthy, and I know people tend to hate these kinds of threads but too bad (). Can someone tell me why Logan Ryan doesn't get more playtime? I'm not sure of the numbers to be honest but it seems Kyle Arrington gets more play time than he does and Arrington is a flaming pile of dog ****. Ryan is really turning into a quite good, young corner. A friend of mine made a good comparison, he seems like a safer version of Dennard. Doesn't get burned as often but doesn't make as many big plays. I think there's some argument that he could be our second best corner and he's not even getting a sniff.

Sorry Arrington getting smoked by Hopkins was kind of the last straw for me.
    Arrington is one of the best slot CB's in the NFL, and deserves every dime he got in his contract. He's not good at the other CB positions and its not his fault he has had to be used there due to injuries.

Dennard and Talib are the two best CB's we have. Ryan is a rookie. He appears in some packages due to injuries to one or both of these guys. Ryan isn't ready to deal with well thrown balls to tall WR's (doesn't jump well), nor is he fast enough to keep up with water bug type WR's. Also WR routes with double moves take advantage of his aggressiveness and tendency to bite.

Ryan clearly has good instincts for the ball, and as his experience increases if he can learn and adapt, he could be a good #2 CB in time. But if he's your #1, either your real #1 is hurt, or your pass defense isn't that great.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash

Logan Ryan

I dont know if ryan could be any worse covering on the outside then arrington, my mindset if you move arrington to the outside you create 2 holes, those weakness are Arrington on the outside and now the weakness in the slot, with back up slot cornerback! Leave arrington in the slot. put ryan on the corner where he can get help from a safety and now u only leave 1 hole instead of 2. But what do I know. All i know is everytime Arrington is on the outside he gives up huge plays, But in the slot corner he is a beast and we need leave him where is good

vCash
    Hes pretty good in the slot. I wouldn't say one of the best in the league though. My point is on the outside... He plays there more often than Ryan who is far better than he is. I think Ryan is a really solid CB though and overall I'd rather have him on the field than have Arrington

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Arrington is one of the best slot CB's in the NFL, and deserves every dime he got in his contract. He's not good at the other CB positions and its not his fault he has had to be used there due to injuries.

Dennard and Talib are the two best CB's we have. Ryan is a rookie. He appears in some packages due to injuries to one or both of these guys. Ryan isn't ready to deal with well thrown balls to tall WR's (doesn't jump well), nor is he fast enough to keep up with water bug type WR's. Also WR routes with double moves take advantage of his aggressiveness and tendency to bite.

Ryan clearly has good instincts for the ball, and as his experience increases if he can learn and adapt, he could be a good #2 CB in time. But if he's your #1, either your real #1 is hurt, or your pass defense isn't that great.
    What's your take on a Dennard-Ryan-Arrington trio with Dennard being our #1 guy. If Talib is gone, can Dennard handle that?
    Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko · 1h

#Patriots are 9-2 and their second highest paid player this season is Aaron Hernandez. Let that sink in.

vCash

Logan Ryan

Dennard is good but i doubt he will ever be a shutdown corner, If we lose talib we are going to need to either draft a corner high or build our front 7 to hide a weak secondary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    What's your take on a Dennard-Ryan-Arrington trio with Dennard being our #1 guy. If Talib is gone, can Dennard handle that?
    You'd need a very disruptive DT and DE or OLB to be a top tier D. bTW, who is the nickel - can't be that good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Hes pretty good in the slot. I wouldn't say one of the best in the league though. My point is on the outside... He plays there more often than Ryan who is far better than he is. I think Ryan is a really solid CB though and overall I'd rather have him on the field than have Arrington
    I haven't seen the stats this year but last year slot only he was excellent, and got a contract to prove it.

vCash
    I've noticed Arrtington seems to excel at covering receivers on shorter routes.

vCash
    http://nesn.com/2013/12/donta-highto...triots-texans/

I tried posting the numbers but it's formatting is weird. Some interesting numbers on our back 7 in terms of the passing game. It's amazing McCourty has only been thrown at 16 times.

vCash
    I really like harmon and ryan. I wanna see more of them. What about nnamdi asomugha? I'm guessing he cleared waivers and no one claimed him.. not about to turn this thread into who we should sign but I'm shocked he hasnt been claimed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    http://nesn.com/2013/12/donta-highto...triots-texans/

I tried posting the numbers but it's formatting is weird. Some interesting numbers on our back 7 in terms of the passing game. It's amazing McCourty has only been thrown at 16 times.
    Great read.
    Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko · 1h

#Patriots are 9-2 and their second highest paid player this season is Aaron Hernandez. Let that sink in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xamadeix View Post
    I really like harmon and ryan. I wanna see more of them. What about nnamdi asomugha? I'm guessing he cleared waivers and no one claimed him.. not about to turn this thread into who we should sign but I'm shocked he hasnt been claimed.
    He's done is my guess.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Dennard is better than some of you are giving him credit for. He has terrific ball skills, and can jam a receiver pretty well at the LOS. He's not the biggest or the best athlete, but he can definitely step into a bigger role should Talib move on.

As for Ryan versus Arrington, I would caution you to understand the scope of each player's role. Ryan is being put in a position to make plays, and his assignments have been limited in some ways. This leads to him being put in less compromising situations than Arrington. For example, a lot of people thought Darius Butler would be a star after his rookie year. He was put in a position to succeed, and wasn't asked to do a lot. We all know he struggled mightily once his role expanded. That's why it may be unfair to say Ryan is better than Arrington. We've only seen Ryan in certain situations, so it isn't fair to either player to assume Ryan deserves Arrington's snaps. I will add that I do think Ryan has a brighter future with the Patriots than Butler did. That was just an example illustrating the scope of responsibility that some rookie corners in NE have had. Dennard was a rare exception in terms of scope of role.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast