Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,930
    vCash
    1500

    Thoughts on Jon Beason??

    What do you guys think of his performance this yr with the gmen? I think he has played very well....question is....do we go forward with him? He'll be 29 in January so not too too old....or should the giants still look for a LB via the draft....some solid ones such as Barr mosley and mack....but with our OL issues it'd be nice to address that in the draft as well early on.....getting thin at CB as well......thoughts?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    1955
    Posts
    26,989
    vCash
    1500
    He's been great, and just what the LB core needed. I hope they keep him around a while.

    We'll Leave a Light On For You


    Believers: mets77, JoeGamer81, Harry777, YoungStuna, Sandman, METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    18,697
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by corky831 View Post
    What do you guys think of his performance this yr with the gmen? I think he has played very well....question is....do we go forward with him? He'll be 29 in January so not too too old....or should the giants still look for a LB via the draft....some solid ones such as Barr mosley and mack....but with our OL issues it'd be nice to address that in the draft as well early on.....getting thin at CB as well......thoughts?
    Beason said he hopes to be a giant for the rest of his career and then some. So I think he may even take a small contract to stay with the giants, within reason of course.

    And I hope they do re-sign him. He's the best linebacker we've had since Pierce.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,930
    vCash
    1500
    Ik he was one of the best a few yrs back....then suffered some injuries....but he looks pretty healthy right now....why was he not starting for Carolina?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    16,781
    vCash
    1500
    Luke Keuchly
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,930
    vCash
    1500
    He couldn't play on the outside? Ik he was one of the faster MLB in the league when he was healthy....did he lose that much? And Luke is def a beast

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,805
    vCash
    1500

    Thoughts on Jon Beason??

    Beason is awesome. Give that man a 3 year deal.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    649
    vCash
    1500
    He's great, and I hope we keep him, our defense really needs him. But we still need to go linebacker in the draft, first 2 rounds would be perfect. I think Shazier can be a big impact type of player and I'd love to see him playing for the Giants.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    16,781
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by corky831 View Post
    He couldn't play on the outside? Ik he was one of the faster MLB in the league when he was healthy....did he lose that much? And Luke is def a beast
    He could've probably been a decent fit at Sam but thats Thomas Davis' spot. They put him at Will and he just didn't work there. He actually never really was a particularly fast player and thats part of why he didn't fit at Will. Will is a chase and cover spot while Mike is attack and thump and thats what he does best. He's healthy and back at MLB behind a DT rotation thats been great.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    He's great, and I hope we keep him, our defense really needs him. But we still need to go linebacker in the draft, first 2 rounds would be perfect. I think Shazier can be a big impact type of player and I'd love to see him playing for the Giants.
    We definitely don't need to go LB in the first two rounds anymore. We can if the value is right, but its not a need like it has been in years past. Offensive line is needed more than anything. I'm pretty confident in most of the roster right now other than the interior offensive line.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    5,656
    vCash
    1500

    Thoughts on Jon Beason??

    Thoughts? If we don't keep him long term we are stupid.

    Sign him for 3 years

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    936
    vCash
    1500
    i think we all agree he needs to come back next year. the question is for how much. doesn't he already have a contract for next year? it's just not guaranteed?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    9,114
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BEASTINEAST View Post
    i think we all agree he needs to come back next year. the question is for how much. doesn't he already have a contract for next year? it's just not guaranteed?
    He's on a long term contract that can void and will void unless we pick it up. It's also ridiculous money/year.

    The issue is we have to let it void and then he is available for anyone to bid on. I don't think we can just redo that contract with him but I could be mistaken

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,805
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    We definitely don't need to go LB in the first two rounds anymore. We can if the value is right, but its not a need like it has been in years past. Offensive line is needed more than anything. I'm pretty confident in most of the roster right now other than the interior offensive line.
    And WR if Nicks leaves. Assuming they don't sign someone else. Really starting to get worried that Nicks is gone and Randle will be our #1. I like Randle, I'm just not confident with him as a X guy if they pull some conservative spending bull **** and put Murphy on the other side.

    I'm wondering if a bad year for Nicks didn't actually hurt our negotiations. A good year, they pay him and move on. Now he's gonna want what he WAS worth and the Giants won't bite on that.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,098
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    And WR if Nicks leaves. Assuming they don't sign someone else. Really starting to get worried that Nicks is gone and Randle will be our #1. I like Randle, I'm just not confident with him as a X guy if they pull some conservative spending bull **** and put Murphy on the other side.

    I'm wondering if a bad year for Nicks didn't actually hurt our negotiations. A good year, they pay him and move on. Now he's gonna want what he WAS worth and the Giants won't bite on that.
    Last night Collinsworth made a valet point, Nicks isn't as fast as he once was. He was never fast to begin with but he lost a step. Corners are sitting on his routes.




    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

    JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

    I'M NEVER WRONG



    FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,098
    vCash
    1500
    I also wanted Keenan Allen, when I saw he was available in the second I wanted the Giants to get this guy, Chargers got him and now he's balling. He would of been the perfect replacement for Nicks...

    Nicks will be gone IMO, I hate it but it's looking like it




    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

    JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

    I'M NEVER WRONG



    FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •