Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Who else has noticed Ricky gets into foul trouble way too early in games?

Has anyone else noticed this? I swear he's gotten at least two fouls in the first couple minutes of the first quarter like every time I've been able to watch a game lol.

How much does this affect us in the long run of a game? Does it all?

It's definitely something he needs to work on. Not to mention a lot of them have been really stupid fouls.

vCash
    too focused on trying to lead the league in steals?
    ]

vCash
    uh, all of us? He is trying to be aggressive, but needs to learn that being aggressive 28 feet from the rim isn't needed.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    everyone has noticed it.

Hawk pointed out in the game thread that instead of being aggressive, he needs to be smarter.

Kind of ironic in a way, in that a lot of people knock Love for not being aggressive on defense, and playing more smart.

You hate to take away Rubio's ability to play passing lanes and force turnovers though. Kind of a double edged sword. If we had a more stable backup PG, this wouldnt be as big of an issue. But early foul trouble causes Barea to enter the game, and the entire game flow changes pace.

vCash
    Yeah it would be interesting to see though against who he got those fouls. I mean if he is up against Westbrook the refs are going to charge him a foul almost every time he is near the ball. Although the one today was silly by Ricky.
    Anyway no I don't think it's a major concern. A major concern for Ricky is that he must score more.

United we Run

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    Yeah it would be interesting to see though against who he got those fouls. I mean if he is up against Westbrook the refs are going to charge him a foul almost every time he is near the ball. Although the one today was silly by Ricky.
    Anyway no I don't think it's a major concern. A major concern for Ricky is that he must score more.
    no.

He needs to get more asists, like 4 more per game.

and score those same 8 points on a 55% fg percentage instead of 30%.

Thats it.
    ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    no.

He needs to get more asists, like 4 more per game.

and score those same 8 points on a 55% fg percentage instead of 30%.

Thats it.
    Thats somewhat along the lines of what I was thinking. 55 percent is obviously pretty high, but Rubio shouldnt shoot more than 10 times per game. Of course if he brings his percentages up, he obviously scores more, which I think is what Silverson was getting at. Rubio at his best is looking to involve his teammates more, while shooting 2nd.

I would be happy with Rubio shooting about 8-10 times a game, at about a 42 percent clip, while shooting around 35 percent from 3. I would also like to see him get to the line more. Otherwise, he obviously has elite court vision and passing ability, and plays very good defense. With a higher usage rate, he could lead the league in assists as soon as this season, but he absolutely needs to be a more efficient scorer, and by no means does that mean he needs to be a more aggressive scorer.

vCash
    What I meant was that the opposition need to feel that they should defend him rather than leave him alone because he won't score. I get that he is a facilitator and I love him for that. I also think that he is not used right by RA. But for him to reach the next level he needs to fix his jumpshot and his finish at the rim.

United we Run

vCash
    Barerro on KFAN made a decent point yesterday. He wants Rubio to stop this "minnesota nice" I pass the ball first type mentality. He wants Rubio to drive more, shoot more, THEN pass more. Even if Rubio isn't a good shooter he has Love on the boards and shooting more means teams (might) be forced to cover him more. More coverage on Rubio means less coverage on the rest of the team.

Interesting and kind of backwards way to look at this... He almost convinced me until I saw in my head Rubio taking 15 shots a game at 30% shooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by viksalltheway! View Post
    guys like me would be more like an assistant to the GM

vCash
    get to the ****ing line more Ricky, like you did last year and the year prior.....

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    get to the ****ing line more Ricky, like you did last year and the year prior.....
    post injury mental block bout driving in?

Rose sure has it.
    ]

vCash
    post injury mental block bout driving in?

Rose sure has it.
    or he just refuses to shoot?

I am not as high on Rubio this year. He has flat out regressed. Read this article, it is dead on, and what I have been saying as well.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...leap-greatness

Rubio must become a better SCORER, by any means necessary. Otherwise, we are limited on how far we can go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    What I meant was that the opposition need to feel that they should defend him rather than leave him alone because he won't score. I get that he is a facilitator and I love him for that. I also think that he is not used right by RA. But for him to reach the next level he needs to fix his jumpshot and his finish at the rim.
    I agree with the "not use right by RA". RA has totally change the way we use to play the last 2 years before into plays that require learning for new members to the system and that include players we have before. It's like having a new coach all over again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    or he just refuses to shoot?

I am not as high on Rubio this year. He has flat out regressed. Read this article, it is dead on, and what I have been saying as well.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...leap-greatness

Rubio must become a better SCORER, by any means necessary. Otherwise, we are limited on how far we can go.
    check the usage rate.

Its more KM handling the ball too much than rubio regressing.
    ]

vCash
    check the usage rate.

Its more KM handling the ball too much than rubio regressing.
    I admire the fact that you will defend the Spanish players until you dying breath, but the fact is, Rubio has been bad this year. If we somehow make the playoffs, and teams get to scout him for 4-7 games, he will be a negative if he continues with his play. Period. If he is going to be a good starting PG, he needs to be able to fit more than just his comfort zones and be effective.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast