Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

PFT- Raiders will be 70 million under the cap next season

With another set of high draft pics and all this $$$ there should be/better be major improvement.....

Raiders will be able to go on major spending spree in the offseason
    Posted by Mike Florio on December 1, 2013, 9:47 AM EST

As the Raiders try to figure out whether Matt McGloin or Terrelle Pryor (or neither) will be the teamís quarterback of the future, the Raiders will have in the not-too-distant future the ability to go out and buy one.

Per a league source, the Raiders currently have only $57 million in 2014 salary-cap commitments. Assuming a 2014 cap in the range of $125 million, that gives the Raiders $68 million to work with.

Throw in their remaining 2013 space of $2.7 million (which can automatically be carried over), and it puts them over $70 million under the cap.

Of course, the Raiders necessarily will have to spend some of that money, given that only 32 players remain under contract beyond the current season. For G.M. Reggie McKenzie, itís the closest thing to a clean slate that a non-expansion team can have.

Other teams with plenty of cap space next year, assuming full carryover and based on NFLPA records, include the Jaguars ($58 million with 44 contracts), the Browns ($49 million with 52 contracts), the Bears ($47 million with only 26 contracts), the Colts ($39 million with 41 contracts), and the Vikings ($27 million with 41 contracts).

vCash
    Wow
    Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

vCash
    Davis better not trust McKenzie with that money he`ll have this place looking like a dysfunctional zoo, we deserve better than this.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    Resign Houston and veldheer
    Resign a good majority of the guys on small deals (Jenkins,sims,Burnett)
    Sign Alex Mack
    Sign Maclin/hicks/decker
    Sign Greg hardy
    Sign a couple more veterans on the defensive side(might need a FS Woodson might retire or sign a 1 year deal on a contender)

Fire Olsen get a better OC
    Although I do kind of feel bad for the guy, he made his entire playbook to suit Flynn then last minute we decided to give it to pryor. That said our second half offense is disgusting

1st round- Anthony Barr or clownley(if he slips)
    2nd round- might have to trade up back to the 20-32 range to take McCarron

After that take bpa

2014 will be a push for the playoffs. This roster lacks playmakers. Hardy and Barr/clownley will give us two impact players on defense. The veterans will help us get over these second half collapses. Mack will shore up the line. Nicks/Maclin/decker will be are number 1 target opening things up for streater and Holmes. I'll try to trade Moore for a 3rd on draft day.

Ill move Houston to DT(been saying this for years)

Hardy/Houston/sims/Barr or clownley

That said if Houston wants 9+ million a year(I hear his agent wants top 5) then get him out of here. Excellent against the run and gets good pressure but doesn't finish. If we can get him on 6-7 then ill sign him and move him to DT. If not then we have hardy and Barr/clowney on the outsides with sims as one of the DTs and just have to find another DT.
    Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    Sign Alex Mack
    Sign Maclin/hicks/decker
    Sign Greg hardy
    Sign a couple more veterans on the defensive side(might need a FS Woodson might retire or sign a 1 year deal on a contender)

Although I do kind of feel bad for the guy, he made his entire playbook to suit Flynn then last minute we decided to give it to pryor. That said our second half offense is disgusting

After that take bpa

2014 will be a push for the playoffs. This roster lacks playmakers. Hardy and Barr/clownley will give us two impact players on defense. The veterans will help us get over these second half collapses. Mack will shore up the line. Nicks/Maclin/decker will be are number 1 target opening things up for streater and Holmes. I'll try to trade Moore for a 3rd on draft day.

That said if Houston wants 9+ million a year(I hear his agent wants top 5) then get him out of here. Excellent against the run and gets good pressure but doesn't finish. If we can get him on 6-7 then ill sign him and move him to DT. If not then we have hardy and Barr/clowney on the outsides with sims as one of the DTs and just have to find another DT.
    And while we`re at it don`t trust this guy either lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09:27512513
    Davis better not trust McKenzie with that money he`ll have this place looking like a dysfunctional zoo, we deserve better than this.
    What? He's the reason we're going have all this money. He's rebuilding this team the right way

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    What? He's the reason we're going have all this money. He's rebuilding this team the right way

Jason, McKenzie couldn`t build his way out of a cardboard box.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jason:27512803
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09:27512513
    Like it took a genius to gut this team or see it needed done.

Lets see what he does in FA and I doubt it will be much to raise a eyebrow.

If RM knew how to draft properly I would say use some of this cash and trade up in the 1st rd to get Bridgewater or Clowney. But after seeing how RM drafts I bet he would rind a way to **** up the pick.

vCash
    Sign Alex Mack
    Sign Maclin/hicks/decker
    Sign Greg hardy

After that take bpa

I like it epset i would still expect a ttade down.If not in the 1st at least in the 2nd for a 3rd round.Barr is not a defensive end as well so he'll probably take sio moores job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    And while we`re at it don`t trust this guy either lol.

terribleÖ.but lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider_Vet View Post
    Like it took a genius to gut this team or see it needed done.

Lets see what he does in FA and I doubt it will be much to raise a eyebrow.

If RM knew how to draft properly I would say use some of this cash and trade up in the 1st rd to get Bridgewater or Clowney. But after seeing how RM drafts I bet he would rind a way to **** up the pick.
    Of course he`s gonna mess it up, he landed a General Manager position that he`s not qualified for. My grandmother could have gutted those contracts, we`re in big trouble with this guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer:27512898
    Sign Alex Mack
    Sign Maclin/hicks/decker
    Sign Greg hardy

After that take bpa

I like it epset i would still expect a ttade down.If not in the 1st at least in the 2nd for a 3rd round.Barr is not a defensive end as well so he'll probably take sio moores job.
    Barr is a 3-4 lb. If we switched to a base 3-4 I would be on board big time on getting Barr. In no way do I want to put him in a 4-3 at DE or OLB.

vCash
    We have a young team. A little veteran presence would be nice. Jared Allen would be alright in my book. A nice compliment to Lamaar Houston. Louis Nix at NT would be awesome. Pretty fearsome line in the making. Just my opinion. Build to our coaches strength, the defensive side of the ball. With that being said, walker and sims have been a nice surprise this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    The tear down and vacant lot was good. But the materials he's brough in so far have me real worried (Rd 1-2 and 4 for ex).....

Al can't be blamed any more. RM excuses end. It's all on him now. Better produce or MD will make RM the modern day St. John the Baptist......
    Last edited by RatShanaHandJob; 12-01-2013 at 03:06 PM.

vCash
    Simms has the Jets first and goal at the 5, we won`t see Geno Smith he`s done.

For Sale: Geno Smith & Aron Pryor ( cheap )lol

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast