Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Report: Colts not happy with Pep

Silver added that offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton is under pressure within the Colts' facility to "step up his game" after the offense got off to slow starts in the past several weeks. According to two sources, there a feeling that Hamilton might be having a tough time adjusting in his first season as an NFL play-caller.

According to Silver, there is a belief that the team has struggled to free up receivers in the wake of Reggie Wayne's injury. The play-calling might get more imaginative and aggressive this week to combat the bracket coverage T.Y. Hilton is facing.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...gn=Twitter_atl

Sounds like Andrew will have 3 OC's in his first 3 seasons.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Ok i thought this was the game thread, so i put wow.

Anyways, my actual thoughts - good.
    Last edited by jacquewho?; 12-01-2013 at 03:21 PM.

#iubb

vCash
    This is a good thing. I know they are a flawed team. But my goodness how I HATE his play calling. He is just not an NFL OC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...gn=Twitter_atl

Sounds like Andrew will have 3 OC's in his first 3 seasons.
    good. It was clear to some of us after week two that he had no imagination or ability at the NFL level.

Hard to believe that it took,the colts brain trust to see this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    good. It was clear to some of us after week two that he had no imagination or ability at the NFL level.

Hard to believe that it took,the colts brain trust to see this
    I am sure it didn't take them this long. Just probably now letting it be known publicly. They couldn't exactly fire him after the first couple of weeks. They where kind of stuck with him until later in the season.

vCash
    He may not be the only one on "notice"....
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    In other shocking news "Colts Fans Not Happy With Pep"

Glad to see that everything we have been complaining about since the first month of the season were also noticed by the front office.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 12-02-2013 at 11:08 AM.

vCash
    Weeks ago I was being blasted on the Colts Facebook page for saying that he needs fired. Now everyone on ther is saying it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightrider28 View Post
    Weeks ago I was being blasted on the Colts Facebook page for saying that he needs fired. Now everyone on ther is saying it.
    I don't think they should or will just fire him....

I might be stealing this from someone in here since I cant remember who I heard this from, but bad teams fire coaches mid season just to shake things up....we are not a bad team so no need to fire him mid season.

Take his play calling away, but don't send him away at least until after the season. I don't think Clyde is the answer at OC long term...so without any obvious choices other than Clyde why fire Pep? I certainly don't want the RB, OL, and WR coaches who I could also say have been under achieving to take the reigns. There is no option other than Clyde to take over....so why promote him to OC again only to send him back down the ranks after the season or possibly lose one of our longest tenured coaches if he brings his value up and turns the offense around?

vCash
    Do you guys think Pagano is a good coach? Can we put all the blame on Pep or can it be spread around?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    I don't think they should or will just fire him....

I might be stealing this from someone in here since I cant remember who I heard this from, but bad teams fire coaches mid season just to shake things up....we are not a bad team so no need to fire him mid season.

Take his play calling away, but don't send him away at least until after the season. I don't think Clyde is the answer at OC long term...so without any obvious choices other than Clyde why fire Pep? I certainly don't want the RB, OL, and WR coaches who I could also say have been under achieving to take the reigns. There is no option other than Clyde to take over....so why promote him to OC again only to send him back down the ranks after the season or possibly lose one of our longest tenured coaches if he brings his value up and turns the offense around?
    I agree but he needs to go after this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thaShady View Post
    Do you guys think Pagano is a good coach? Can we put all the blame on Pep or can it be spread around?
    I don't think there is a good gauge of that yet...but here is my best guess:

He isn't a Sean Payton type of x's and o's coach that will out scheme you...that should be obvious to all of us by now.

I think he is more of a Jeff Fisher type where he gets 110% out of the players....but obviously he is lacking Jeff Fisher's game planning ability as of now. Just to clarify I'm not comparing him to Jeff Fisher right now, any more than everyone compared Luck to Peyton his rookie year...Pagano has a long way to go and a lot to learn to be on Fisher's level just like Luck compared to Peyton.

Just my opinion but get him some strong coordinators (especially offensive) and give them more control over their specialty area and I think he will show what player loyalty and a locker room that loves their coach can add to that. Which shouldn't be hard to do after this year, any coordinator dreaming of getting a shot should take a chance at this job for a few reasons.

1) You have Andrew Luck to make you look good...how many OC jobs with an established QB are out there? You are usually lucky to an get above average clear starter with room to grow or a good journeyman.

2) If/when you turn this middle of the road (maybe a little lower than the middle) offense into a top 5 or 10 next year and you look like a coaching god and get your name tossed around in the circles of the next HCs.

3) You come in early enough you will probably get to be in on hand picking 2 inside offensive lineman as well as could have some pull in the WR who starts opposite Reggie. We will probably be going in with TRich, Ballard, possibly Rainey...and maybe another.

4) There are looming questions like the one you asked about Pagano....if your offense is rolling and the team is losing who is going to get the first crack at interim coach?

5) You have at least one future HOFer on each side of the ball

6) Again...you have Andrew Luck

One last thing which I debated even mentioning. Cancer understandably changed Chuck....he seems more even keel than to start the season...he is more (for lack of a better word) zen. Chuck was a great human being from all accounts before, but it seems he is an even better one. That said you have to wonder if some of his fire and edge have gone and it isn't always the best people that make the best coaches/players. I don't know what type of hours he puts in, but you have to wonder after all the things he said does he leave an hour or 2 earlier than he did last year before his health problems because he realized he wasn't spending enough time at home? Things like that are what I'm talking about. I wouldn't be mad at him one bit if he did, but sadly things like this are the difference between finding that weakness in the D or coming up with that slight wrinkle that changes the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thaShady View Post
    You can go through my posting history to see what I think of Pagano.

Short answer: No.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    One thing to remember is that whatever success the Colts had last year was mostly, if not entirely due to Arians, not Pagano. I consider Pagano a poor coach, base on what HEA HAS DONE, this year and this year alone.

vCash
    Pags is a good coach. I think we have sustained way to many injuries on offense and a piss poor OC. No HC could suceed with that. We are still a winning team and still manage to come back more often than not. Hes a good motivational coach and I like that. Give him those healthy players back and a OC that could coach there way out of a wet paper sack and he be just fine.

Lucks on our side

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast