Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Watching them lose for better draft pick and coaching changes

2 20.00%
  • Watching them win, no matter what

8 80.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Win For Dignity or Lose For Draft Position or Coaching Changes?

This is coming up a lot lately, so wanted to get a poll going.

The Giants aren't technically out of the playoffs, but let's assume they were. Which would you prefer:

1 - That the Giants lose and gain a better draft spot as well as increasing the chances of coaching changes (whether or not you think losing would even have an effect). And I don't mean lose intentionally, I just mean as a fan you'd be okay with watching them lose.

or

2 - Prefer watching the Giants win even if they have no shot at the playoffs.

vCash
    I'm a fan....Just win...

vCash

Though it's entirely counter productive, I'd rather they go 9-7 and not make it then suffer through a 4 win season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    This is coming up a lot lately, so wanted to get a poll going.

The Giants aren't technically out of the playoffs, but let's assume they were. Which would you prefer:

1 - That the Giants lose and gain a better draft spot as well as increasing the chances of coaching changes (whether or not you think losing would even have an effect). And I don't mean lose intentionally, I just mean as a fan you'd be okay with watching them lose.

or

2 - Prefer watching the Giants win even if they have no shot at the playoffs.
    Even if it mean another year of Killdrive shotgun draw play and Fewell soft D?

I want the Giants to win but I want them to lose just to get rid of these coordinators but I want them to win
    Last edited by GiantsSwaGG; 12-01-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash

I think the coordinator argument is a better reason to tank than wanting a higher pick. We need these guys gone. I have a feeling kill drive will be staying

vCash
    Im torn on this. I want them to play well and get better over anything, but after that I care more about ridding ourselves of these coordinators than our record. I'll still be pulling for them every game I watch, but I couldn't care less whether they win or lose. Wins won't exactly make me thrilled and losses wont crush me.

Even worse, watching this team improve and win at this point in the season if they do get better and begin to resemble the team they should've been it will hurt even more to think what could've been, especially if it comes down to like missing out by 1 or 2 games.

That said, I'll never root against the Giants so I guess that answers my question, but I wont be emotionally invested in this teams success or failure like I usually am, thats for sure.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Tough question to answer...

Well here is what sucks.....we don't play either Philly or Dallas, and the only team we play in hopes of ruinning their season is the Chargers. So winning, for me, is really hard, since the only reason I'd really hope to win is for all the dominos to fall our way to get into the playoffs. That means everyone losing and us winning.

If we lose out we all hopefully end up happy for many different reasons. Coaching changes, good draft position, and a chance to be overlooked next season.
    We all want Gilbride/Quinn gone, and it seems the only way this will happen is if we lose, like when Bill Sheridan was let go. A high draft pick can be very beneficial for player and value of trade. And, next season teams may overlook us like many did with the Chiefs this season. I said this to many friends that the Chiefs were the best 4-12 team, and there record overlooked how good of a team they had.

vCash
    If we have little to no chance of going anywhere, the latter.

vCash
    Our 19th pick in the first round is playing better then half the players taken before him. So I see no point in tanking for a higher draft pick. If they are mathematically out of the players I'd like to see some of the younger guys play to see what we have for next year. To evaluate what needs to be addressed more.

I don't think a losing season will mean this coaching staff is gone. Only way the coordinators are gone in my opinion is if Coughlin retires early and doesn't come back for next season.

vCash
    It's interesting that after all these years people actually think a poor finish might impact coaching. Coughlin has 1 more year on his contract and intends to comeback and even if they lose out can you HONESTLY imagine them firing him or him stepping down? I can't. And he's not likely to change his staff.

I think next year is the same staff, same core and if they fix the oline I guarantee a winning season.

vCash
    A man can hope that responsible management would step in during that situation and inform the coach that changes in his coaching staff are required.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    A man can hope that responsible management would step in during that situation and inform the coach that changes in his coaching staff are required.
    this. Coughlin has to give in a little bit

vCash
    wrong thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I'd like to think that but I would doubt it.

vCash
    As much as watching Killdrive and Fewell kills us, it's just never a good situation when you see front offices step in and change a head coach's coordinators. And it's hard to imagine Coughlin not being loyal to these guys - at least to Killdrive.

I think chances are, all 3 are back and special teams may be where Coughlin agrees to a change. At most, I think you may see Fewell replaced.

Regarding the topic of the thread, unless you're going to tank a whole season and get a franchise player in the draft (Luck, Manning), then I will always hope to see a team finish strong even if it doesn't add up to a playoff finish. You want to see what these guys can do when they actually give it their all.
    Go Grab My Belt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast