Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Taj Gibson really improving frontline options

OK it's BR but it is pretty accurate. I like how his offensive game and shot selection and percentage have improved. Small sample size but the last 3 games he has been on fire. I foresee a good combo between Taj and Mirotic going forward and his improvement gives GarPax options when deciding what to do with Boozer.

Link: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-chicago-bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan08 View Post
    OK it's BR but it is pretty accurate. I like how his offensive game and shot selection and percentage have improved. Small sample size but the last 3 games he has been on fire. I foresee a good combo between Taj and Mirotic going forward and his improvement gives GarPax options when deciding what to do with Boozer.

Link: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-chicago-bulls
    Boozer might be better trade bait then Deng with both guys salaries.

But agree three games is a small sample size and lets see how Taj plays by mid December.

vCash
    Taj always has a hot streak or two during the season. His numbers always look the same at the end though. He's about as consistent as you can get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TheBulls View Post
    Taj always has a hot streak or two during the season. His numbers always look the same at the end though. He's about as consistent as you can get.
    KG, you don't believe his offseason work on his shooting and post moves will increase his ceiling? I hope he has a breakout year TBH.

vCash
    KG, you don't believe his offseason work on his shooting and post moves will increase his ceiling? I hope he has a breakout year TBH.
    Nah, I think his ceiling has always been the same. He may get more minutes this year so his raw numbers may go up a bit but I think over the course of the season his efficiency will be roughly the same. I still wouldn't mind keeping him though as long as we can get a decent haul for Boozer. Taj\Mirotic\Murphy would be good depth and cost effective.

vCash
    Nah, I think his ceiling has always been the same. He may get more minutes this year so his raw numbers may go up a bit but I think over the course of the season his efficiency will be roughly the same. I still wouldn't mind keeping him though as long as we can get a decent haul for Boozer. Taj\Mirotic\Murphy would be good depth and cost effective.
    I think the long term combo of Taj/Mirotic should develop more scoring consistency in the post. Boozer has been throwing up bricks the last few games but as with Taj he tends to disappear for stretches of games. I am hopeful to see an uptick in Taj's over MPG/PPG/RPG while still maintaining his hardhat and lunch pail approach to defense.
    I think a stat line of 12-13 PPG and 6-7 RPG should be doable especially with him subbing for Noah at the 5 more often.

vCash
    I think the long term combo of Taj/Mirotic should develop more scoring consistency in the post. Boozer has been throwing up bricks the last few games but as with Taj he tends to disappear for stretches of games. I am hopeful to see an uptick in Taj's over MPG/PPG/RPG while still maintaining his hardhat and lunch pail approach to defense.
    I think a stat line of 12-13 PPG and 6-7 RPG should be doable especially with him subbing for Noah at the 5 more often.
    Who cares if Gibson scores 12 points a game when he's taking 10 shots... Gibson like KG said is about as consistent as any player in the NBA when it comes to keeping to his normal production. Even with his great last couple games he's still below his career efficiency rates AND he's still wildly inefficient (51.1ts% thus far this year)

vCash
    I agree with most guys, he is mostly an effective defender.

But his feet work on offense as develop in the last year or so imo.
    Motivating Picture for PORTUGAL @ Brasil World Cup

vCash
    Meh...I'd still like to him moved in the near future. He is what he is at this point and you can find similar production for a fraction of the price.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Meh...I'd still like to him moved in the near future. He is what he is at this point and you can find similar production for a fraction of the price.
    Taj and Kirk to the Raptors for Ross and fillers. Taj is a very expensive role player, move him while he is hot

vCash
    Gibson's not "hot" though. No team would pull the trigger on Gibson because of two or three games when he's shown to always come back down to mediocrity offensively. Also, i don't think he makes sense for the Raptors with Amir Johnson, Tyler Hansbrough, Jonas Valanciunas, Austin Daye, and Aaron Gray there. And they don't need Kirk unless we take back Lowry or Augustine.

So unless we're doing Gibson/Kirk for Ross/Augustine/Hansbrough/++++ more fillers, it doesn't make sense.

vCash
    Taj doesn't really make sense for any teams that I can think of.

vCash
    Taj doesn't really make sense for any teams that I can think of.
    Miami (Haslem, Anthony both have team options + pick)
    Washington (Ariza + Pick)
    Dallas (Brandon Wright + Fillers)
    Lakers (Gibson/Kirk for Nash/pick)
    Minnesota (Gibson/Dunleavy for Budinger/Moute)
    Portland (Thomas Robinson + fillers?)
    Oklahoma (Perkins + pick)

depends what you're willing to accept back for Taj this season, but that's all I could come up with

vCash
    Don't think I would accept any of those deal, TBH. Not sure what the FA PF class looks like...

vCash
    Don't think I would accept any of those deal, TBH. Not sure what the FA PF class looks like...
    The only one I'd do is the Portland one where we can give Thibs some Thomas Robinson, but yeah Gibson's value is much like Deng's has been the past few years: more important to the Bulls than to any other team, and that's why he won't get traded this year

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast