Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Nets Victorious Against Grizzlies

Some game notes from myself on tonight's win. Yes they were short handed, but I really loved how we played. We played great defense, the only reason it wasn't a blow out is because Pondexter couldn't miss from 3.

I also loved how we responded to the Grizzlies tying up the game mid 4th quarter.

- One thing I LOVE about Jason Kidd as a coach is that heís not afraid to bench his starters if they are playing like crap and I love that he went with the group in key moments today that was playing well and keeping the lead at a safe distance.

- Andray Blatche is awesome, but so frustrating at the same time. I love that he made his 3s, but he should never ever be shooting three 3ís in one game. Other than that, I loved his offensive game today. Heís such a key player for us.

- Tyshawn Taylor is very fun to watch and I love his athleticism and energy but he REALLY needs to cut down on his TOs, especially that palming/carry-over turnover. He seems to have let go of his hero ball mentality.

- Brook Lopez. He started rough, very rough but boy oh boy he really started to get back into his groove later in the game. We REALLY missed him. With no post up/back to the basket game, we really struggled to start and stop runs. Heís so important to us. Offensive beast and was great on the boards tonight, was a step slow defensively but thatís understandable considering his bum ankle.

- Joe Johnson. I love it when this guy is aggressive. He needs to stop being so passive and needs to play like a man on a mission. He did that tonight and we saw what he can really do.

- Mirza Teletovic is really catching on. Not only is he hitting shots, but heís no longer forcing shots and I think thatís because heís getting consistent minutes which allows to play at ease instead of having to worry about playing really well to keep his playing time. I liked his passing, shooting, and his defense.

- Shaun Livingstonís lack of a J is REALLY hurting us, BIG time.

- I love Mason Plumlee as a 2nd string center. He brings defense, hustle, rebounding, and his really finishes well around the rim. I love a 2nd unit of Taylor, Anderson, Toko, Blatche, Plumlee.

vCash
    Also, when Kevin Garnett takes his mid range jump shot in stride, it’s pure money.

When he pump fakes, fakes a pass, or does anything that doesn’t allow him to take his shot in stride it almost ALWAYS clanks off the rim, anybody else notice this?

Example. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaH7H-vd7Xw

His on ball defense is still good, but his help defense is a bit lacking and I don't care what the stats say, we are NOT better defensively without him.

vCash
    well they beat a good Memphis team. Hopefully they can get the dice rolling.
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benzni View Post
    well they beat a good Memphis team. Hopefully they can get the dice rolling.
    How good is Memphis really without Z-Bo and Gasol?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Jeffrey View Post
    How good is Memphis really without Z-Bo and Gasol?
    touche
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benzni View Post
    touche
    We have a few injuries of our own