Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lakers over .500 without kobe

thoughts? will this trend continue when kobe returns? lakers have been surprisingly good. anybody willing to give dantoni credit now?

vCash
    I don't see why it wouldn't continue. This team is an upgrade from last years team.

vCash
    inprinciple with kobe it should go up and get around 47-50 wins.

But of course he may DISRUPT the ball flowing and the chemistry and make things worse.

It will be an interesting thing to watch develop.

Anyway a different coach could maybe have a better record right now for the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post

But of course he may DISRUPT the ball flowing and the chemistry and make things worse.

Anyway a different coach could maybe have a better record right now for the team.
    Not sure how Kobe will fit in with this style of play it will be interested all right. I actually enjoy watching the lakers spread the ball going inside then back out to their shooters, they're young and athletic and like to run. Definitely will be interesting when they add an older slower Kobe and how it affects the pace and the ball movement

vCash

Even when Mike is winning, "fans" still discredit him. This team is built to fit his system. No one would be able to maximize the potential of these guys better than him. Just chill and enjoy the fact that your team is decent so far.

vCash

I don't like antoni at all but I do think it's because of his system that Farmar, Blake, Henry, Meeks, Hill, and Wesley are all playing better than they actually are. I have to give Antoni credit here.

vCash
    A good surprise even if they dropped a game here and there, will be interesting to see how it goes when Kobe will be back.

vCash
    It's live and die by the 3 with this group. Everything is a jump shot, so having Kobe on the block should help.

Also we aren't that good lol. 9-8 isn't anything special.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the situation View Post
    thoughts? will this trend continue when kobe returns? lakers have been surprisingly good. anybody willing to give dantoni credit now?
    I don't know how much D'Antoni really has to do with it. If anything, I think Pau being in a contract year, the return of Farmar, an improved bench, and getting rid of Howard all plays a big part.

We have length and speed on the perimeter and Meeks seems to have grown as well.

The team should improve with Kobe because Pau seems to be the only person we have to dp it into the post to.

vCash
    Negative differential. Pretty bad team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    How do I think [Kevin] Love helps his team lose? Terrible defense, chucker, basically a of version if Monta

11. 11-30-2013, 05:19 PM
    Reason
    Insults/Response to a deleted post

12. 11-30-2013, 05:22 PM
    Reason
    Insults/Response to a deleted post

vCash
    double post
    Last edited by jerellh528; 11-30-2013 at 05:28 PM.
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions:
    Yards:
    Tds:

vCash
    If kobe returns to his top 5 form from last year, in theory it should definitely be a big boost gaining back any top player. This team's main problems are closing out teams and creating offense when nobody is hot, which are two things kobe prides himself on accomplishing. The best thing about this team that is different from the past is that it seems as if all the players are trying hard, putting in the effort and are playing hungry and also you never know who will go off for 25 points, it could literally be anyone in the 8-10 man rotation, I recall 8 players scoring 20 or more this season, but I could be wrong. That's definitely a plus from teams in the past where offense came from strictly kobe and pau. It will be very fun and interesting to watch the rest of the season play out if they remain healthy. Also admitting 1 game over .500 isnt impressive at all, but I think only 3 teams out east are even over .500. Lets see if kobe can add some more confidence and get a few 5-10 game wins streaks under their belts.

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions:
    Yards:
    Tds:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    If kobe returns to his top 5 form from last year, in theory it should definitely be a big boost gaining back any top player. This team's main problems are closing out teams and creating offense when nobody is hot, which are two things kobe prides himself on accomplishing. The best thing about this team that is different from the past is that it seems as if all the players are trying hard, putting in the effort and are playing hungry and also you never know who will go off for 25 points, it could literally be anyone in the 8-10 man rotation, I recall 8 players scoring 20 or more this season, but I could be wrong. That's definitely a plus from teams in the past where offense came from strictly kobe and pau. It will be very fun and interesting to watch the rest of the season play out if they remain healthy. Also admitting 1 game over .500 isnt impressive at all, but I think only 3 teams out east are even over .500. Lets see if kobe can add some more confidence and get a few 5-10 game wins streaks under their belts.
    Kobe wasn't a top five player last year and if he was the Lakers would have been the sixth seed rather comfortably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    How do I think [Kevin] Love helps his team lose? Terrible defense, chucker, basically a of version if Monta

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    It's live and die by the 3 with this group. Everything is a jump shot, so having Kobe on the block should help.

Also we aren't that good lol. 9-8 isn't anything special.
    yeah... the lakers are awesome... i mean... could we get the following schedule the rest of the year like the last 6 games

detroit at home W
    GS at home on a second night of a B2B while the Lakers lay around for 4 days W
    Sacto at home W

Wash on road ... oh we lost that
    Brooklyn on the road W
    Detroit on the Road W

Yep... the Lakers rule... i mean at least they had to play one team over 500 in that stretch of course it was at home on the second night of a B2B while the Lakers had 4 days off...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Kobe wasn't a top five player last year and if he was the Lakers would have been the sixth seed rather comfortably.
    OK whatever you say, this thread isn't about kobe's ranking, but most people would disagree with you and admit he was somewhere in the top 4-7 last year. Also lakers floundered mostly because of chemistry and injuries. But I respect your opinion.

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions:
    Yards:
    Tds:

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast